NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Nice list Haggis, but I don't agree with most of them. Critics awards aren't always the best stats to go on for the Oscars, and there's no stand out this year, so it's going to be a close decision.

Slumdog Millionaire will never win Best Picture though, and even though The Dark Knight should be nominated for Best Picture, it probably won't be.

Wait. Ricky Gervais getting a nod for Ghost Town? Where did you get all this insane information from?

OH MY GOD!

So the Lesbian Vampire Killers film that everyone keeps raving about....Its starring Matthew Horne and James Corden....

...Literally made of OMG. I will actually do everything in my fucking power to see this movie. I hope it gets released somewhere here. If not then LAANDAAAANNNN trip.

OH MY GOD!

So the Lesbian Vampire Killers film that everyone keeps raving about....Its starring Matthew Horne and James Corden....

...Literally made of OMG. I will actually do everything in my fucking power to see this movie. I hope it gets released somewhere here. If not then LAANDAAAANNNN trip.

Tell me more about this please! NOW!!

It deserves it though. Even if it isn't the best movie of the year (to me it is, at least from the ones I've seen), it's a serious contender. But from there, to being nominated...

Really? o_O I mean maybe you don't like it, or think it deserves the attention it's had, but you really think the second highest grossing film ever in the USA won't get that nomination, even if its for that fact alone?

Of course I like it, I love it! And it sure as hell deserves at least the nomination! But I'll bet anything it won't get it.

Yea, they should be nominated more. If only for the fact that like all the others, I don't know anyone who's even heard of them, let alone seen them.

None of them have even premiered in Europe, so it makes sense that you haven't even heard of them. :heh:

EDIT:

Slumdog Millionaire will never win Best Picture though

Yeah, I'm betting Doubt's gonna get the best picture award. By the way, you seen The Wrestler yet?

Yeah Oxigen, I've seen The Wrestler. Mickey Rourke deserves all the nominations that are coming to him, though I can't decide between Rourke and Penn for Best Actor, they're both excellent.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li

Neal McDonough as M. Bison

Chris Klein as Charlie Nash

Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog

Taboo as Vega

Robin Shou as Gen

Moon Bloodgood as Detective Maya Sunee

Edmund Chen as Huang, Chun-Li's father

:shakehead:blank:

AmmmGgggzzzzz

Actually can't wait for my most anticipated film on 2009. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen WOOP WOOP. :)

31350.jpg

31351.jpg

I think you got the title wrong.

It´s: Humans: Revenge of the fallen

I´m still waiting on that movie about Transformers to be made.

If it was just Transformers it would have been boring. True facts. The cartoon was for all about them. Its a live action film...it needs that element to it, and I thought all the human characters were amazing anyway.

*Raspberry*

Lol how'd bedoff and thatgirlwhosenameican'tremember manage to get in another transformers escapade :indeed:

revenge of who? the baddies died, whose gonna be like, OMG NO YOU NEED TO STOP EXISTING!!! to the robots/humans

i reckon its jazz

I think you got the title wrong.

It´s: Humans: Revenge of the fallen

I´m still waiting on that movie about Transformers to be made.

Come on now even the awesome original cartoon movie had a human focus, especially with Daniel appearing from absolutely no where to being Hot Rod's best mate and a large part of the film.

If it was just Transformers it would have been boring. True facts. The cartoon was for all about them. Its a live action film...it needs that element to it, and I thought all the human characters were amazing anyway.

*Raspberry*

<Insert same thing I´ve said about them before to you>

I have a feeling we´ve had this conversation before :Þ

Come on now even the awesome original cartoon movie had a human focus, especially with Daniel appearing from absolutely no where to being Hot Rod's best mate and a large part of the film.

Yeah but he didn´t hog all the screen time and the humans in the tv-show for minor character while in the movie they pretty much did everything while robots were there to provide shaky yet cool CGI fights.

most anticipated movie of 2009 for me has to be The Road.

Stars Vigo Mortensen- quickly becoming one of my favourite actors after A History of Violence and Eastern Promises

Directed by the gringo behind The Proposition which is a truly excellent film that about five people have ever seen.

It's going to be an incredibly tense bit of work if they stick to the superb source material. I checked the credits the other night and from the name of one of the characters they look to be including one scene that, to my mind, is the single darkest image of the apocalypse ever written. It should be great.

the-road-first-image-786117.jpg

An attorney for 20th Century Fox says the studio will continue to seek an order delaying the release of Watchmen, according to The Associated Press.

U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feess last week agreed with Fox that Warner Bros. had infringed its copyright by developing and shooting the film, scheduled for release March 6.

Feess said Monday he plans to hold a trial Jan. 20 to decide remaining issues.

Fox claims it never fully relinquished story rights from its deal made in the late 1980s, and sued Warner Bros. in February. Warner Bros. contended Fox isn't entitled to distribution.

Warner Bros.' attorney said Monday he didn't know if an appeal was coming, but thinks a trial is necessary and a settlement unlikely.

superherohype

I think this is a pretty big cock move on Fox´s behalf, alright so they had the rights to make the movie but to do this 3 months before the movie release when this movie was announced over a year ago.

I'm pretty sure the hawks will find a way to magically delay the court process and just release the thing.

Yeah but he didn´t hog all the screen time and the humans in the tv-show for minor character while in the movie they pretty much did everything while robots were there to provide shaky yet cool CGI fights.

Thank you. :smile:

I think what people forget with Transformers is that every second of Transformer CGI cost several hundred thousand dollars or something ridiculous like that. It'd need the biggest budget ever to do a full film of the stuff.

what people are forgetting is the frst transformers was crap. a sequal was not needed and i shal not part with my money to see it.

most anticipated movie of 2009 for me has to be The Road.

Stars Vigo Mortensen- quickly becoming one of my favourite actors after A History of Violence and Eastern Promises

Directed by the gringo behind The Proposition which is a truly excellent film that about five people have ever seen.

It's going to be an incredibly tense bit of work if they stick to the superb source material. I checked the credits the other night and from the name of one of the characters they look to be including one scene that, to my mind, is the single darkest image of the apocalypse ever written. It should be great.

the-road-first-image-786117.jpg

Yes! Post apocalyptic things are the best, and everything about this points to amazing. I guarantee it will be my favourite film ever.

Hype and anticipation is bad, things rarely meet meteoric expectations. I always try to go into everything with low expectations, this when things excel, I am more impressed than I had any right to be. This film will be quality though.

Any idea on when it will be out? And there is still no trailer, right?