NEurope

Hmmm, this must be a universal thing. Mine used to come around 8:30/8:40am, and now its 10:30am approximately.

Heres the most annoying thing thats happend to me all day:

I was at the super market, getting lunch. Just had 3 items, walked to the 10 items or less check out and some cock old woman was there with like atleast 30 items.

Its called 10 items or less for a reason. If it was up to me if you had way more than 10 you should be told to go to the another busier check out.

Heres the most annoying thing thats happend to me all day:

I was at the super market, getting lunch. Just had 3 items, walked to the 10 items or less check out and some cock old woman was there with like atleast 30 items.

Its called 10 items or less for a reason. If it was up to me if you had way more than 10 you should be told to go to the another busier check out.

I know its not your place/job to, but if it really annoyed you, you should of said something.

Now when people just blatantly push in front of you in queues.....

I know its not your place/job to, but if it really annoyed you, you should of said something.

Now when people just blatantly push in front of you in queues.....

Its a shame i'm way too nice of a person.

Should have said something ;)

Today is another nothing day with nobody around and nothing to do. Popped to town for bits, booked a financial advisor meeting with NatWest. Going to spend the rest of the day watching TV, reading and Wii Fit...ing. Exciting life. Wedding tomorrow so I need an early night.

Should have said something ;)

Everyone does that. It's one of those things that really annoys me.

Everyone does that. It's one of those things that really annoys me.

Everyone says "should of" or everyone corrects people?

I never really realised it should be have until an English teacher told us once, now everytime I can't help but notice it.

Everyone says "should of" or everyone corrects people?

I never really realised it should be have until an English teacher told us once, now everytime I can't help but notice it.

Says "of". We should all correct each other more often. And we should be able to accept corrections and not go into a hissy fit.

Says "of". We should all correct each other more often. And we chould be able to accept corrections and not go into a hissy fit.

*Should

....sorry

*Should

....sorry

Thank you for your correction. I will now fix my typo.

I knew I would make a mistake in that post somewhere.

Could can still work I'd say.

'If we corrected each other more we could be able to accept it without feeling insulted'

i.e. if the correction culture was there we wouldn't take offense to it.

Could can still work I'd say.

'If we corrected each other more we could be able to accept it without feeling insulted'

i.e. if the correction culture was there we wouldn't take offense to it.

Yeah but I was thinking more along the lines of, 'people take offence when they shouldn't.' But either could work depending on how you say it.

Although I don't think "chould" would work.

Although I don't think "chould" would work.

But it could ;)

Yeah it doesn't work as well, but it could still be twisted to work. I'm all about the twisting.

Anyway. My day shall continue to look at what things I can do after uni next year, which I was doing til 1am this morning.

Nerfs! Just checking my timetable for next year and for some reason they've split up the film modules over two days. So while I had arranged it to be in Mon-Weds I'm now in all week, and in on Thurs and Fri at 9am! We gave, I believe, sufficient feedback that nobody is awake enough to watch a film at 9am.

And they're starting a screenwriting course this year. Two years too late thanks :p Okay and to further my moaning ramblings; the course im on now is doing new modules I would have done if they were available such as 'American Popular Television'. Maybe I should just start again...

I'm off to my Dad's for the weekend as It's my Granddad's 60th today.

Jeez, I loathe my "dad". When he actually bothers to be around, he acts like he owns the place and everyone in it. I was going up to college to say by to my mates at college (year 13's last day) and he's nicked my phone off me and isn't allowing me out. Now people are going to think I don't give two shits about seeing them for the last time - and he's sitting there with a smug grin on his face.

Nice guy.

But if I say one thing against his descision to not let me go, he'll refuse to let me go out tomorrow night and I'll have to resort to climbing down the kitchen below my window and then onto the neighbours wall. I swear I almost broke my ankle last time (I'm terrible when it comes to heights) so I'd rather not.

I hate how my parents expect me to turn into what my sister did. It feels as though they're just expecting it, as if I'm not my own person. It would be nice if they had a little faith in my decisions at come point.

--

Rant time! EMA screwed me over again. I hate my college beyond belief. I missed a lesson one week, was ill another and because of this they didn't pay me £90. Now I've ranted down the phone to my administrator person at school they are paying me, but not until after the holidays.

Every typographical and/or grammatical mistake I see annoys me somewhat, but I usually don't bother with corrections unless I actually can't understand the passage in question. Grammar nazis are brilliant though; I say we need more. :heh:

Anyway, had a 3 hour chemistry mock today, wasn't too bad. Apart from the thermodynamics question of course. Yay the previous sentence contains no verb, but I wouldn't try to correct it if I were you...

Says "of". We should all correct each other more often. And we should be able to accept corrections and not go into a hissy fit.

aaaactually i guess technically everyone does say "have" .. they just dont realize they're doing it. 'cause people say "should've" > "shouldha've" which sounds like shudduv which feels like it should be written "should of" ... sooooo yeah...

you gotta come teach in japan - i think you're "grammar nazi" enough :grin:

..i certainly am O__O!

i had a pretty shitty day... my kids classes were rubbish! one kid decided she didnt like me so she turned around and ignored me for the whole fucking lesson. little BRAT... i hope her mum pulls her out of my lessons...

and the other class .............oh meh i wont even get started... a bunch of 9 year old boys vs. me... you can imagine. MEH. anyhoo...i come home for some peace and quiet and ALL I CAN HEAR is my friggin housemate on skype to her idiot boyfriend ... I WANNA RELAX, NOT LISTEN TO YOUR COOING! BLEH!! :shakehead </bad mood>

...anyway ^___^!

Rant time! EMA screwed me over again. I hate my college beyond belief. I missed a lesson one week, was ill another and because of this they didn't pay me £90. Now I've ranted down the phone to my administrator person at school they are paying me, but not until after the holidays.

One lesson this week, 2 next week, 4 the week after.

That's why the system is in place how you don't get paid if you don't attend all your lessons.

aaaactually i guess technically everyone does say "have" .. they just dont realize they're doing it. 'cause people say "should've" > "shouldha've" which sounds like shudduv which feels like it should be written "should of" ... sooooo yeah...

People hear should've and think it's "should of". You can tell when they say it that they're saying "of" not "'ve". It's one of those things that really irritates my. Like when people misuse the word "borrow". "Borrow it me please." "He borrowed it to me."

(I have no idea between the difference between could of/have etc. Always guess at work...whats the difference?)

Anyway just had a pretty weirdish convo with a client. Hes nearly 80 and we were discussing his life assurance....(hes going to Greece) anyway he was asking a lot of questions...it almost kinda sounded like he planned on dieing in Greece. Very strange/surreal.

Last day at work for agesss....for in fact the most amount of time Ill have off this year (2 weeks and 1 day) WOOOO!

(I have no idea between the difference between could of/have etc. Always guess at work...whats the difference?)

Of means it comes from. So "should of done" would mean that the should comes from the done.

"I should have done work." makes sense. So does, "I have done work." Whereas, "I of done work." doesn't make sense so neither does, "I should of done work."

Wait....so "should of" should actually never be used....?

Not in any way that I can think of. (that's where you use "of")

. "Borrow it me please." "He borrowed it to me."

who says that!!? :shakehead

you gotta come teach in japan - i think you're "grammar nazi" enough :grin:

..i certainly am O__O!

Haha coinicidentally I went to look when the Japanese module is at uni considering it when I got all muddled up with the module stuff I ranted about earlier. Might see if I can change to single honours as its just been validated as such and theres new modules such as American Popular Television, Computer Game Playing in Context, Contemporary Television Drama that I want to do. Although a lot of them don't have timetable details which is a pain. Anyway went to go see my lecturer about it and they've closed the building and won't let anybody in...

Sorry to hear you had a crappy day. Just kick them, you know you want to ;)

There are 9 [proper name] words which are followed by have rather than of being...; could, would, should, must, the opposites (could not) and another I think...its been three years since I had to remember them all. Someone like Shorty could probably tell you better.

The difference being one is correct, the other is an overused colloquial. Similar to "blatantly obvious" which is the same word said twice. Its like described a rose as a nice shade of 'red rouge'.