NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cheapshot

Dreams...

I rarely remember my dreams. It sucks because sometimes I wake up and try to remember them, but they slip away like water through my fingers. For example, I woke up about 2 hours ago and I remembered what I had dreamed about. Now I have absolutely no clue whatsoever about that dream.

Like SupaFry mentioned, sometimes I have memories of things that never happened in real life, only in dream. The most recent example is I was in the hospital (I'm a volunteer there) and we were all going to get lunch. Someone mentioned that they wanted iced tea, and for some reason I was 100% that they no longer served iced tea. I could remember having been to the caffeteria and noticing that it was gone. Then someone said they still did, after arguing we went down to find that my memory was invalid. Later I recalled dreaming about the hospital and how they had changed their menu. It may sound silly, but it's weird.

Sometimes I also have some very frightening dreams. I panic and in rare occasions realize that I'm dreaming. Despite this, I can't escape the terror of my dream. Once, however, I was able to completely change my dream by thinking about it.

I even think in one dream I was Link.
Heh, I've been Link before as well. But after playing PoP: Warrior Within I ended up, as Link, trying to get out of my house - which morphed into some giant fortress - running on walls, grabbing curtains to pull myself over yawning gaps, doing flips for almost no reason other than because I could, and, really, just being generally bad-ass.

T'was weird.

Ja.

So, am I like, the only one who has this stuff in her dreams or is it normal?
No, I'm the same, that happens to me as well. Which means, you are slightly less weird than you might have been, but together, we might be a bit unusual. :heh:

I really enjoy my dreams, they're a seemingly limitless break from reality and a chance to experience a the other side of life. I can fly, I can do whatever I want in dreams... although they're rarely very exciting. I went through a period a few months ago where I was having constantly bizarre dreams which was a little concerning... but alas they remain welcome.

Nightmares are another matter, though.

There's a thing that puzzles me though, about dreams... Like, the point of view doesn't always stay the same. At one point it's first person, while at another point it's a third person view or just a set camera point in the room or something.

Perhaps we merely apply perspective in hindsight? At the time we are omniscient, viewing things from every angle as we aren't really 'seeing' anything anyway, just conjuring up images in our head. It's only later, when we look over what happened, that we take to the director's chair and decide on how it all looked in motion.

A lot of you seem to have very interesting dreams. I know they might scare you, but I wish I could connect with my dreams in such a way. It sounds stupid, but I think it's a valuable experience to have — terminal recurrence wouldn't be so good, of course.

When I wake up I'm going to try and remember any dreams that I might have had and type them up sharpish.

As in; A while ago I had a dream I had much more money in my bank than I do. It was part way through the next day I was like "Actually, I don't have that much money. Shit."

That what you mean?

Sort of.

Let me give you an example.

I had a dream once where I was talking to a friend about a place we went to as kids and we spent the rest of the dream trying to work out where it was.

When I woke up I realised that place never actually existed.

This stuff happens in my dreams most of the time.

No, I'm the same, that happens to me as well. Which means, you are slightly less weird than you might have been, but together, we might be a bit unusual. :heh:

Well I don't know... it's kinda weird for a girl to dream of being a male character, no? Now that I think of it, I should've checked out what it feels like to actually be a man and to do manly stuff... You know, like pee anywhere I'd like and feel the raging hormones go through my body when a female passes by. Now I so hope I dream of being a man tonight. X3

Perhaps we merely apply perspective in hindsight? At the time we are omniscient, viewing things from every angle as we aren't really 'seeing' anything anyway, just conjuring up images in our head. It's only later, when we look over what happened, that we take to the director's chair and decide on how it all looked in motion.

I know you're probably right on that one. I've even had dreams that were in black and white, or at least parts of it were. However, maybe this is the same as the camera stuff; it's something you think of afterwards and then it gets a certain specific place in your head, even though it wasn't necessarily that way when you were dreaming it. It all seems kind of surreal eh. Gotta love it.

Now that I think of it, I should've checked out what it feels like to actually be a man and to do manly stuff... You know, like pee anywhere I'd like and feel the raging hormones go through my body when a female passes by.

Are you sure you don't just want to be a tomcat*?

Typically I didn't dream last night. Not that I can remember, anyway.

*In the feline sense. But hey, it's your dream.

You know, like pee anywhere I'd like
Ummmm... let me check i'm not alone in NOT doing this!.......... Right??!
and feel the raging hormones go through my body when a female passes by
This one you can have!

I had a dream that my brother managed to find some DECENT three spoke alloys, in black they were and they were woo.

how about no....you ever tried not gettin caught in that kind of position?

and if you do its not so easy to get away with your trousers round your ankles.

how about no....you ever tried not gettin caught in that kind of position?

and if you do its not so easy to get away with your trousers round your ankles.

How the hell did the thread come to this!? :woops:

I had a wonderous drea last night.

Well, first off I was doing a maths test, very fun indeed. The person I am currently obsessed with then came to the front of the class and spoke for ages, which was fun, like the test. I was then suddenly digging holes, like in the book 'Holes'. I was Stanley and I was digging a hole with Zero (if anyone has read the book, it'll make more sence). X-Ray had fallen in a hole and we scrapped him out, when it happened a big cave of wonders was revealed. We went in and it turned into an animated Disney film. There was a great big orchestrial song while this bad guy was chasing us on a cart (similar to the ones on Donkey Kong Country). Twas super! Then I had a pet sparrow and bunch of theives (I think it was Team Rocket) dressed up as squirrles were trying to steal it from me, but I escaped. Then I woke up.

Can anyone decefer this dream?

All i can remember about my last dream was waking up and saying to my girlfriend "it's probably just 3000 pounds worth of shopping vouchers".

I have absolutely no idea about what the hell i was dreaming about that night. :D

Has anyone ever had a dream where they're in a test which they haven't revised for and end up sitting there in their underwear, because on tv that dream pops up ALL the timew, yet ive never had it...

Last night, I had a dream that the skin on my hand was bubbling and frothing and then long, thick and straight apple cores with red LEDs on top slid out of the individual bubbles.. it really, really hurt. They were maybe six centimetres long. The Hulk, Hamlet and this guy I don't know from the bus stop were involved.

How did I miss this thread?

I'm fascinated by dreams. I've got a couple of books about them and I am actively trying to "train" my brain into being able to have lucid dreams - that is the state of knowing that you are actually dreaming, so you can do whatever you wish.

I've kept a dream journal for a good year and a half, which is safely hidden from prying eyes. The first thing I do when I wake up is to log my dream in it, because the first 30 seconds or so after you wake up is usually the only time you remember what happened. Needless to say, there is some really, really messed up shit in there. If anyone actually found my journal.. wow, I don't even want to think of the consequences.

How did I miss this thread?

I'm fascinated by dreams. I've got a couple of books about them and I am actively trying to "train" my brain into being able to have lucid dreams - that is the state of knowing that you are actually dreaming, so you can do whatever you wish.

I've kept a dream journal for a good year and a half, which is safely hidden from prying eyes. The first thing I do when I wake up is to log my dream in it, because the first 30 seconds or so after you wake up is usually the only time you remember what happened. Needless to say, there is some really, really messed up shit in there. If anyone actually found my journal.. wow, I don't even want to think of the consequences.

i've given up on lucid dreaming after getting only three very brief ones within the space of about six months, but i still keep my dream journal. sometimes i read my past entries and fear for my sanity :hehe:

Ive read about lucid dreaming, it would be an awesome thing to master, and good for those of us that have the most bizarre nonsensical dreams like i sometimes do.

The most disturbing (at least to other people) dream that I ever had was one where I beat a friend who had pissed me off into an unrecognisable bloody pulp while my other friends watched as if I was doing something normal. My other dreams normally involve dying or being somebody else, from my idols to a random figment of my imagination. And of course sex dreams, I am human after all.

I had a dream where I could control time. I wanted revenge on an enemy so I went to his house and turned back time til he was there.

It was kinda weird, I could see the sky and sun changing backwards. When the time was right, I hit the guy from behind and beat him til he was dead. I'm not even sure what he did, I think he hurt someone I care about. Then I killed his pets, that was the part that disturbed me. :sad:

Strange things dreams...

The most disturbing (at least to other people) dream that I ever had was one where I beat a friend who had pissed me off into an unrecognisable bloody pulp while my other friends watched as if I was doing something normal. My other dreams normally involve dying or being somebody else, from my idols to a random figment of my imagination. And of course sex dreams, I am human after all.

I've never had sex dreams... does that mean I'm not human? Seriously, I don't think that in my dreams, it's ever gotten any further than just a kiss and a hug or something. Yay...

And urgh to the killing part... that would so freak me out. Maybe even more so than me trying to kill myself in my dream.

Sign in to follow this