Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic. Looks great and finally news on it after a long drought, then it's playable at TGS so some footage/hands on will be cool. The main part I was worried about was online, but it looks like it's fully intact which is great news.

Only downfall is that it's 33% done so it can still be a while off since it's been worked on all this time. It looks that great already but damn that wait. It'll be worth it by the looks of things.

Amazing scans!! This game always looked good and it's looking better now. The only thing that has got me worried is the gameplay. I don't know, but what I read about the Monster Hunter series, it doesn't appear to be my cup of tea. But that's something to be seen in the future, I will of course keep an eye on this game.

Am i the only one who doesn't think the graphics are that great.
The level of geometry complexity and bloom lighting is something that was exclusive to the 360 and PS3 until now.

It even makes me think some are concept renders. Man, I hope not.

What's there to get? Two freaking words for ya:

- Monster

- Hunter

Boring.

the images are too low res to see any "level of geometry complexity and bloom lighting"

Some of the images are half a page! That's not even the Wii's native resolution and still looks good. You can definitely tell there's bloom lighting and geometry complexity.

The official website has been updated with some screenies, they are basically the ones shown in Famitsu but alot clearer. It doesnt look too different from the PS2 version at the moment but seeing as that version had awesome music, beautiful scenery and amazing Wyvern models im not complaining at all. For all I care they could just port the PS2 version and I would still be a happy man and snap it up.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

But isn't that the boring part of games like WoW?

Never played WoW (I fear the addiction and what it would do to my social life).

I dunno, the idea sounds fun to me. Likewise I may play it and find it unbelievably boring. However this is a massive massive seller (in Japan at least), so it has to have something going for it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!