Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a summary of the GM review and what a surprise they mark the game down for lack of a lock on feature...noobs. This is like the 5th version of MH to be make it over to the west and if the reviewers haven't figured out by now that including such a feature would ruin the game then they should just stop reviewing these games. Simple as.

The MH series takes time, dedication and patience to get to grips with and then master. Timing your attacks comes with practice and learning to do so is very rewarding. Anyone who asks for lock on attacks are just looking for an easy way out and to cheapen the experience when really all they need to do is learn to play the freakin game.

I've read a summary of the GM review and what a surprise they mark the game down for lack of a lock on feature...noobs. This is like the 5th version of MH to be make it over to the west and if the reviewers haven't figured out by now that including such a feature would ruin the game then they should just stop reviewing these games. Simple as.

The MH series takes time, dedication and patience to get to grips with and then master. Timing your attacks comes with practice and learning to do so is very rewarding. Anyone who asks for lock on attacks are just looking for an easy way out and to cheapen the experience when really all they need to do is learn to play the freakin game.

It's more funny for me when lots of reviewers of today complain about games not being hard enough, yet a challenge appears and they complain :heh:

New Promo

They had better use these promos for TV adverts too, they're bloody awesome

Wishful thinking there. It'll be Ant, Dec, and Iain Lee dressed as Vikings and storming a Mumsnet meeting, demonstrating how their troublesome brats can use Monster Hunter Tri to butcher virtual monsters instead of pensioners.

It's more funny for me when lots of reviewers of today complain about games not being hard enough, yet a challenge appears and they complain :heh:

This is a rare occasion where you and I actually agree one something! Treasure it. :D

wow, I just almost forgot about this puppy coming out this month. 29th for me, May's plans have been complete :heh:

I was thinking yesterday that we probably won't be able to hook up with each other on this game will we? The servers for Europe and the US are seperate but im not sure about Australia, unless they are just part of the Euro servers what with us all being PAL. Have you heard anything on your end about the server issues?

The new Iwata asks is about MH3. I've gotta shoot off to work now but if someone could slam a link in here for it I would be most grateful.

This is a rare occasion where you and I actually agree one something! Treasure it. :D

When it comes to anything not relating to JRPG's we do well :D

I was thinking yesterday that we probably won't be able to hook up with each other on this game will we? The servers for Europe and the US are seperate but im not sure about Australia, unless they are just part of the Euro servers what with us all being PAL. Have you heard anything on your end about the server issues?

I sure hope not >_<

I rather be able to play against people over in europe and also with the tiny amount of people living in australia I do not see why we can't go up against people over in europe. I mean we share the same region with digital stuff :hmm:

The new Iwata asks is about MH3. I've gotta shoot off to work now but if someone could slam a link in here for it I would be most grateful.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_monster_hunter_tri_16588_16589.html#top

Done :D

Thatta boy. Join us on our journey.

Also the big treasure chest is £59.99 now, and the CCP bundle is down at £44.99 now on the likes of GAME, so well worth going with amazon.

Also, i've been stalking the pre-order charts. I like.

I can't lie. I've just cancelled my pre-order.

I'm sorry. I'll probably get it eventually... just not at launch. I could really do with not buying anything until I've finished my A-Levels, which are kind of important.

Maybe a post-birthday thing.

I'm still looking forward to playing it on the 17th though! Yay?

Shame, you could have still got it for the cheap price instead of paying another £12 or so down the line.

Also, seen the Monster Hunter Tri teaser advert last night while watching Scrubs on E4. Was pretty cool just lying there in bed and I heard the Wii ping noise and it came on.

Edge Review:

Monter Hunter Tri - 7/10;

Duality is at the heart of Tri - it is both tourism and dungeon crawl, reconnaissance and gung-ho attacks, hunter and gatherer, new and old. Full of solitary exploration, it's at it's best when played in groups. And so, burdened with Nintendo's expectations, it manages to be that rarest of things: a Wii game you've just got to try online.

I personally don't get why they gave it a 7/10 along with Red Steel 2, but that's me.

Also MH3 has online event quests to do which is pretty cool. And I got a re-confirmation e-mail for the event tomorrow. Pro.

MH3 Exclusive edition £49.99 at GamePlay.

A nice wee package for that amount. If I didn't already have WiiSpeak i'd likely pick it up myself.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!