NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

mh3wii4.jpg

Recently announced as a MAJOR new Wii title, snatched from the grasp of Sony and the PS3...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8805/1/Mo..._PlayStation_3

Earlier this morning it was revealed, much to shock of the world, that Capcom was to bring Monster Hunter 3 to Wii. With the game already announced for the PlayStation 3 last year, clearly this caused some confusion. Now Capcom has clarified matters by removing the PS3 listing from its official website and now adding the game to its Wii line-up list. Also, it has revealed details of the game:

Officially titled "Monster Hunter 3 (tri-)", this new edition of the multi-million selling "Monster Hunter" series will mark its début on the most popular current generation home console, rather than Sony's underperforming PS3. The Monster Hunter franchise is a series of action games that puts the player in the boots of a fearless hunter tracking down and battling huge and ferocious monsters, all while traversing breathtaking natural environments. To date, the series has shipped over 4.5 million copies worldwide (as of 30th September, 2007). The Monster Hunter Freedom series for the PSP (and known as 'Monster Hunter Portable' in Japan) makes use of Network Play to build upon the gaming experience, which has boosted its popularity, especially in the student market, and has also helped to make it the first PSP game to sell over a million copies in Japan. The series has also been the recipient of numerous awards with "Monster Hunter" for the PlayStation 2 receiving the Award of Excellence at the Eighth Annual CESA Game Awards and "Monster Hunter Freedom 2" receiving the Grand Award at the Japan Game Awards: 2007.

Capcom has worked hard on the latest title in the series, helping to ensure it utilises the unique aspects of Nintendo's innovative Wii system, which will create a Monster Hunter game unlike any of its predecessors. The attractiveness of the Wii experience is sure not only to please existing fans of the series, but also attract newcomers to this unique adventure.

And finally I leave you with this gorgeous screenshot to drool over...who said the Wii can't do good graphics....

MH3wii.jpg

Best third party annoucement to date I think. Maybe not the best looking game but it's a pretty huge franchise coming exclusive to the Wii, the sort of announcement we need.

If you wanna put the logo/info in your first post flameboy, go ahead!

yeah cheers got it all up there...

Wow, I'm so happy that the third parties are starting to see the Wii as a serious platform to back. It's just like with the DS, it took time, but now the games are coming.

I'm happy with that screen shot too, wow, it looks good. This is one in the eye for SONY.

Oh yeah more hacking and slashing freedom for the wii. Not getting much hack in slash loving on the cube was painful. Zelda can only give you so much satisfaction. And soul calibur didn't really cut it as it was always one on one. But this with legends should put a smile on my face.

I was searching stuff on this franchise and watched some videos of the PS2 game, but I still don't quite know what this is. It seemed to me like something similar to Shadow of the Colossus, no? Except all Monster Hunter games have very low scores, which gives the impression of it being a mediocre franchise. Still, I'm keeping this one under close watch, I believe.

If I remember from the psp version you just hunt dragons and weird beast and junk like that.

Monster Hunter is the best online game I have ever played and I have spent countless hours on the PSP version. Its a very addicting game and this has to be the best announcement for me to come out of the conference.

This is HUGE news, Monster Hunter is really popular in Japan and I never expected not to see it on PS3. Really a kick in the balls for Sony.

Probably the only person thinking this, and about to get attacked by hordes of fanboys, but...

Are you sure thats not a PS3 screenshot? Considering this was in development for the PS3, and now is not.

Probably the only person thinking this, and about to get attacked by hordes of fanboys, but...

Are you sure thats not a PS3 screenshot? Considering this was in development for the PS3, and now is not.

lol the thought did cross my mind as I posted it... I'm gonna stick with it and say its Wii... it looks good but not HD uber fantastic (god feel like a noob writing that!)

Why post PS3 shots for a Wii game? Even when the PS3 listing is now off of the site.

Wii is capable of those kind of graphics anyway. It may surprise some. If Brawl and Galaxy can look that good then this can too.

I dont think its a PS3 screenshot. The PS2 version was beautiful even if they just touched them graphics up for the Wii it would look fantastic.

Im hoping for some Wii-mote action in this game. Being able to use a lance by thrusting the Wii-mote would be fantastic and for the Gunners aiming will be alot easier. Am I the only one who has played these games on here? :)

I recently purchased the PSP MH2 and absolutely hated it, unless it's majorly changed for Wii, i won't be buying it.

Why post PS3 shots for a Wii game? Even when the PS3 listing is now off of the site.

Wii is capable of those kind of graphics anyway. It may surprise some. If Brawl and Galaxy can look that good then this can too.

yeah I mean the shot is good, but galaxy is every bit as gorgeous...

I recently purchased the PSP MH2 and absolutely hated it, unless it's majorly changed for Wii, i won't be buying it.

The thing about the PSP version of the games are that they aint online. The PS2 version was great, playing a 4 player co-op game while hunting down a Wyvern was a great experience and one that I hope the Wii can emulate. Also the PSP controls are quite fiddly for the game.

Check out some screens from the PS2 games, 1 and 2, you'll be surprised. After I saw screens and videos from Monster Hunter 1 and 2 for PS2, suddenly that picture there on the first post doesn't look so impressive.

Check out for yourself:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/566/566729/imgs_1.html

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/566/566729/vids_1.html

I downloaded about 15 videos from IGN and they are pretty fucking impressive!

Question: you're saying this is great online play, but is it any good single player play? I don't play online.

Question: you're saying this is great online play, but is it any good single player play? I don't play online.

Honestly, not really. The game as an offline only game is pretty shallow but hook up with your mates and it comes into its own. This is why alot of people dont like the PSP version. Sure there are way around it (xlink) but from the box the PSP version doesnt support online. Unless Capcom radically change it then I wouldn tbother picking it up for just the single player adventure.

So from your description HoT it sounds like PSO but with dragon/monster slaying...

That pretty much exactly what it is. When you kill animals, dragons etc you whip out a knife and usually get 3 carves from them. These items are collected and then you can make yourself new armour and weapons rom them and this is where it gets addictive. You constantly go around killing things just so you can make yourself better weapons and armour so in turn you can take on bigger dragons. Some carves are alot more rarer than others, think the little red boxes from PSO. You had to kill alot of enemies to get the good drops and the same goes fom certain carves on MH.

I was searching stuff on this franchise and watched some videos of the PS2 game, but I still don't quite know what this is. It seemed to me like something similar to Shadow of the Colossus, no? Except all Monster Hunter games have very low scores, which gives the impression of it being a mediocre franchise. Still, I'm keeping this one under close watch, I believe.

Yup I'm getting the same vibes. Which is AWESOME, cause SOTC is one of the best games I played on PS2.

Next stop, Kingdom Hearts III?Yes Please;D

That pretty much exactly what it is. When you kill animals, dragons etc you whip out a knife and usually get 3 carves from them. These items are collected and then you can make yourself new armour and weapons rom them and this is where it gets addictive. You constantly go around killing things just so you can make yourself better weapons and armour so in turn you can take on bigger dragons. Some carves are alot more rarer than others, think the little red boxes from PSO. You had to kill alot of enemies to get the good drops and the same goes fom certain carves on MH.

sounds pretty cool, almost a more mature Pokemon with lashing of PSO and fantasy elements...