NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Thanks :) Good to know some forumites acutally go to the site. :P

And it's not like I'm the one who works the most.

Cube, for example who started at the same time than me, posts much more than I do.

Thanks :) Good to know some forumites acutally go to the site. :P

And it's not like I'm the one who works the most.

Cube, for example who started at the same time than me, posts much more than I do.

How do you think we found the forum? lol I only joined the forum last year, after year's of reading the site, all through the Gamecube era. :)

I've just been on the Eurogamer site. I laugh at all those fanboys who just lost a major 3rd party title (in Japan at least). They all make assumptions the game is either or everything below:

- PS2/PSP remake

- uses PS2/PSP engines

- has bad controls

- has bad online capabilities

- put on the wrong console out of all

It's funny how they can make claims with just one teaser trailer and zero info. I doubt they've even SEEN the trailer yet, which, btw looks absolutely lovely.

I dont mind constructive critisms or different opinions, but i hate blind/false claims because it's no-more on your fave console.

I laugh at them :D

To a certain extent I have to agree with some of their points.

Me and the lads at work were talking about this last night as we are all hardcore MH followers and heres a few things we came up with.

Firstly it will be interesting to see how the controls will work with the Wii. The PS2 controls required both analogue sticks to move and fight. The left stick was used to move your character while the right stick was used to swing your weapon depending on where you moved the stick. They tried to port these controls over to the PSP version but with only having one stick they were quite fiddly.

Second point and one that will probably not go down well on these boarsd is the online side of the game. personally I would rather have seen this on the 360 as it is an online game and the 360 has a great setup already there aswell as voice chat. The 1st game didnt use voice chat, it used a keyboard much like PSO and while it was good at the time there isnt any excuse for the lack of voice chat now. The Wii setup for the online side of things is hardly perfect but its still early days I suppose, even if they should have had this thing sorted by now.

Overall though im happy that this is coming out and I wouldnt have cared what console it is on aslong as they keep the online side of things then im a happy man.

After a year, people still don't realize that the Wii's right analogue stick is the remote itself. If the PS2 one uses left analogue to move and right analogue to attack, what's the problem in doing that on Wii?

I've been reading more about the PS2 games and I don't know... The visuals are great but apparently the playing areas are really confined and also they say it's not free roaming. I really hope they make MH3 free roaming. What's the point in having such great visuals and the appearance of a vast world if you can't go out and explore it at will without time limits and have "invisible walls"?

I really hope they make enough changes for the 3rd installment and for the better, make it more exploring oriented and free roaming and improve the single player game. It would be dumb not to.

After a year, people still don't realize that the Wii's right analogue stick is the remote itself. If the PS2 one uses left analogue to move and right analogue to attack, what's the problem in doing that on Wii?

I've been reading more about the PS2 games and I don't know... The visuals are great but apparently the playing areas are really confined and also they say it's not free roaming. I really hope they make MH3 free roaming. What's the point in having such great visuals and the appearance of a vast world if you can't go out and explore it at will without time limits and have "invisible walls"?

I really hope they make enough changes for the 3rd installment and for the better, make it more exploring oriented and free roaming and improve the single player game. It would be dumb not to.

Yeah but that means you are going to have to move your arm around alot to play and trust me this isnt Zelda in MH you are constantly getting attacked and it will get tiresome.

As far as I remember there arent no invisible walls around the world you are in, everything is set out perfectly. Also the reason why some areas are so small is because it adds tension when fighting a Wyvern. You have to learn attack patterns and know when to dodge and hel and then counter attack. If the areas were huge then you could just run around without any fear.

Lastly the time limits arent an issue as you usually get 1 hour to do a mission which is more than enough time to explore areas. You dont have to go do the quest straight away, you can take a look around first. Put this with the fact that you revist the areas a few times and you can do any mission you want again then this really isnt a problem.

The only thing I agree with is that the single player needs fleshed out a little more. They started doing this with the PSP versions and it was a step in the right direction.

Well, in Zelda, upon infiltrating that goblin fortress in the desert, I got spotted and was attacked by 100 goblins. That was a few minutes of non-stop fighting. :D

Well, in Zelda, upon infiltrating that goblin fortress in the desert, I got spotted and was attacked by 100 goblins. That was a few minutes of non-stop fighting. :D

LOL. Yeah but you could wave your arm around any old way and get results. In MH it takes timing a precision especially if you wanna do abit of headlocking with a Rathian or Rathlos, although they will probably remove that "glitch" for this version.

What would a great is if Capcom gave us the option of using the Classic or Cube pad. Although I am getting ahead of myself as we know absoultely nothing about the control method for the game :)

Well, I'm not exactly the "wild arm waves" king of guy. I'd say I have timing and precision. :awesome: Plus, you kinda need it to fight the Iron Knuckles. Especially 3 of them at the same time in the Pit of 100 Trials. :eek:

But we'll see, I hope this game is enough to my liking to make me buy it cause I'd like to have a game like this. There were some sweet announcements this week.

I've just been on the Eurogamer site. I laugh at all those fanboys who just lost a major 3rd party title (in Japan at least). They all make assumptions the game is either or everything below:

- PS2/PSP remake

- uses PS2/PSP engines

- has bad controls

- has bad online capabilities

- put on the wrong console out of all

It's funny how they can make claims with just one teaser trailer and zero info. I doubt they've even SEEN the trailer yet, which, btw looks absolutely lovely.

I dont mind constructive critisms or different opinions, but i hate blind/false claims because it's no-more on your fave console.

I laugh at them :D

ahahaha, sour grapes or what, if this had been on the PS3:

- No one would have purchased it as no one owns a PS3

- It would have had terrible slow down

- Rubbish sixaxis controls like Lair

- Would have come out six months later with added enhancements, better online and better control scheme on the 360

- would have brought nothing new to the franchise

The worst site for this kind of utter rubbish is Sony Defence Force. what a load of crap. Developers are now doing to SONY what they once did to Nintendo, desert them in favour of a better selling and more accessible platform.

This is a big game from Capcom, I don't think they would screw it up

They won't. RE4 controls were great on Wii, and I'm sure this will be excellent too.

The worst site for this kind of utter rubbish is Sony Defence Force. what a load of crap.

Actually, the Sony Defense Force is a spoof website. :P

That said, I have also seen some ridiculous claims from PS3/360 fans on other sites. They always seem to believe that if a game doesn't have HD, it's inferior and a cheap cash-in.

Would Capcom relegate the status of one of their most wanted sequels into a cheap cash-in? I think not.

I'm looking forward to see how the game unfolds. :) Remember PSO came out on the Dreamcast, which didn't exactly have structured online, and it did brilliantly.

That's some fans vid from the older games though right? I mean he doesn't say it has anything to do with Monster Hunter 3.

Yeah just wanted to show those who don't know how this game plays when its at its best. Although I only got to play the offline mode, it was loads of fun and very promising. Can't wait till this MH3 comes out.

Bad news. A potentially great game for the PS3, will now never reach it's full potential being released on a console full of limitations. Shame.

Mikey will you fuck off. Why do you come to these threads and abuse the Wii? Stop being a cock and get the fuck out of these boards because you you just slate without ANY intelgient debate in you, I'll say it again FUCK OFF!!!

When I seen this bumped I thought there was news or something but instead some old video :heh:

Also Mikey no need to be flaming is there?

Bad news. A potentially great game for the PS3, will now never reach it's full potential being released on a console full of limitations. Shame.

Was this post necessary?

Mikey will you fuck off. Why do you come to these threads and abuse the Wii? Stop being a cock and get the fuck out of these boards because you you just slate without ANY intelgient debate in you, I'll say it again FUCK OFF!!!

Jesus Christ, get off your period. Giving my opinion isn't being a cock, OR trolling.

Was this post necessary?

Yes, yes it was. The idea of a potentially great game for the PS3 or 360 being canceled, and then coming out for the Wii which has hardware which will hold it back, is disappointing. This is a step back.

When I seen this bumped I thought there was news or something but instead some old video :heh:

Also Mikey no need to be flaming is there?

I wasn't flaming, I think you'll find it was Dazzy who was doing the flaming. You'd think he was married to the Wii with the way he has just defended it.

There was a reason for it getting cancelled for the PS3 and getting moved to the Wii instead.

But after this being known for a while, why so late to say it sucks cause it'll be limited? Normally seing that it sucks is on the day it got announced.

So once again an argument starts when there was no need for there to be one.

If Mikey thinks its sucks then so be it. Its his opinion and even though we havent seen anything that can give his opinion substance its his to have.

Dazzybee I can see why you got upset but this is the 2nd time in as many weeks where you have unleashed on a poster with foul language that wasnt really called for.

As I said in the topic that I closed last week if someone has an opinion that you dont agree with then discuss it and see where they are coming from, dont just unleash on them because they have a different view on how a game or product should play or look like.

Back on topic I watched my nephew play Monster Hunter Freedom 2 on the PSP the other day and it looked great. I never played the 2nd Freedom game and being a big MH fan I may have to pick up another PSP just to play it. Even if they just ported the PSP games and souped up the graphics a little that would do me fine :)

yeah high development costs with struggling PS3 sales in Japan makes total sense right now.

Gotta admit I would like too see a 360 version with live support. Makes no sense for Capcom to do that though.

Gotta admit I would like too see a 360 version with live support. Makes no sense for Capcom to do that though.

Yeah I was hoping for a 360 version aswell as Live would easliy have been the best place to play online. I suppose the Wii version will be like the PS2 in that when playing online you will have to fight and type on the keyboard to talk to the other players. I know it put alot of people off when playing online with the PS2 as alot of people had trouble getting to grips with fighting a Wyvern and typing at the same time.

*crosses fingers for headset support on Wii*

With games like these with promising online content, it really should have headset support.

But since this a 3rd party game I am hoping they will scrub the horrid Friend Codes and use their own service and maybe bundle a headset which will also tempt other third parties to do so since someones already done it.