NEurope
flameboy

Monster Hunter Tri

Combo books only increase the success rate of combining items, not new recipes. Early combinations can be found in the hunter book.

I love the fact that the way to learn about the game is the "learn by doing" method. Sure it's taking me a while longer to get good at the game but it feels more of an accomplishment the more I progress.

I can't stress how much I love the game, it's easily found it's way on to my favourite games list!

So everytime you combine you have to equip the books....? Not a big fan of that idea....Oh well. Good job the rest of the game is utter genius!!!

Hero, how do you feel about the world catching on to what you've been bangiing on about for ages? :)

Well im liking the community on here and through out the Monster Hunter world, I purposefully joined a team of unknowns that were HR 16's, aiming to kill that fecking Barroth, they said they would do it after the quest they set out to do.

Due to my lame rank.....I could not do this quest, so they kindly help be defeat the barroth (yay). Which allowed me to level up, to do more quests and we went to kill a Gobbi!!!

Hero, how do you feel about the world catching on to what you've been bangiing on about for ages? :)

It feels great! The series is finally getting the respect it deserves and I thank Nintendo for giving it the marketing push it clearly needed.

Haven't got Monster Hunter Tri yet? You can buy the Chest edition for £44.99 at GAME by using the discount code 'MVC2010' :wink: - link

Edited by welsh_gamer

I had another great session this morning online, again just helping out lower ranked players.

In one fight we fought a Royal Ludroth and it was butchered in about 4 mins. The poor thing started limping away but we were having none of it! We all attacked and stunned it, it then started to try and limp away again but we flipped it on its side, it recovered, started limping again then we killed it. The thing was desperate to leave the area but it just wasn't going to happen. Not on my watch. :D

I did a kill Rathlos quest this morning when I was offline and the strangest thing happened. I was happily fighting away when Rathian showed up. No biggie, I just left the area and hoped they would split up, but it didn't happen. Everywhere Rathlos went, Rathian went aswell. What was even stranger was that they were basically copying each others moves, it was very weird. This lasted for about 10 mins and I thought I would use this to my advantage.

I kept positioning myself so that Rathian would have to fire its fireballs at me but they would always end up smacking Rathlos. This worked like a charm and after about 5 mins of this tactic the crazy loop that they were in seem to break and they finally split up. Once Rathlos was by himself it was game over and I got the kill.

With that done it gave me the parts I needed to make a full set of Rathlos armour which looks great. The downside is the armour has a -10 on defence which makes the small defence drop skill active. I countered this with a charm that I picked up which has a +6 defence, this stops the skill from being active ( must be 10 or higher ) and all is well in the world. :)

Haven't got Monster Hunter Tri yet? You can buy the Chest edition for £44.99 at GAME by using the discount code 'MVC2010' :wink: - link

I wish the disc on its own was a bit cheaper.

I have Wii Speak and don't want a black CC Pro. :( And I'm not too keen on having that chest lying around either. :heh:

I wish the disc on its own was a bit cheaper.

I have Wii Speak and don't want a black CC Pro. :( And I'm not too keen on having that chest lying around either. :heh:

Well a couple of places online have it for £30 and I know Tesco were selling it in store for £32 with controller bundle at £42.

I guess the question is how much do you want it?

Greetings fellas, remember me? No? Damn it.

Anyway, I just started this game, still a gigantic noob only two or three quests in, no idea what I'm doing, but I'm loving it.

And since multiplayer is such a big part in this I thought what the heck, why not go back to N-E and play with them? So here I am, I'm gonna do a few more quests before I go online, but I'll post my ID soon.

Greetings fellas, remember me? No? Damn it.

Anyway, I just started this game, still a gigantic noob only two or three quests in, no idea what I'm doing, but I'm loving it.

And since multiplayer is such a big part in this I thought what the heck, why not go back to N-E and play with them? So here I am, I'm gonna do a few more quests before I go online, but I'll post my ID soon.

Yo bud! Nice to see you back. If you need any help just yell. There is alot of people around your level and ranking up can be quick when you have people who know what they are doing.

Yo bud! Nice to see you back. If you need any help just yell. There is alot of people around your level and ranking up can be quick when you have people who know what they are doing.

Many thanks dude :) Just killed the great jaggi, which was a bitch with my equipment, I'll see if I can go online tonight ;)

This game is really starting to do my head in. The capture quests are so annoying. I get the beast in the trap but hitting it with the tranq bombs is impossible. When you mess it up and run out you are screwed and it's 20 mins wasted. I can't trap that stupid bird and am starting to lose patience with the whole thing. I can't find the materials i want, can't get the online quests done either.

You make it harder than it is I think. Capturing stuff isn't too bad. Just take your own equipment. The materials to make your own tranquilizer bombs are very easy to come by since you can just get the materials from vendors.

Also I have to ask, how can you miss hitting a big beastie with a bomb :blank:

You make it harder than it is I think. Capturing stuff isn't too bad. Just take your own equipment. The materials to make your own tranquilizer bombs are very easy to come by since you can just get the materials from vendors.

Also I have to ask, how can you miss hitting a big beastie with a bomb :blank:

All i can say in my defence is i have never played a game like this before... Please come online and help me haha.

Point of reference for capturing: pitfall traps should be used in conjunction with the bowgun and tranq shots from that while shock traps should be used with tranq bombs. Very difficult to get an aim on a monster in a pitfall trap with tranq bombs because they're in the ground. This is what's helped me so far in the capture quests.

Really enjoying the game. Picked it up on launch and have put in maybe 20 hours or so. A lot of grinding for materials (including about 4 Royal Ludroth battles just to get the damned Tail to drop from the severed tail) but I'm making good progress offline and got an alright set of gear at the moment. Mostly been using the Sword and Shield combo as weapon but have tried some of the others, recently the lance which is rather difficult to get to grips with especially when you decide to take on a Great Jaggi while using it for the first time :grin:. Not really gone online to be honest. Tried it, worked well but no one talked and buggered off when I took up a quest.

Not really gone online to be honest. Tried it, worked well but no one talked and buggered off when I took up a quest.

Thats unfortuante, Try and meet up with all of us from n-e, check the meet up thread in the online gaming section for our usernames and id's.

Zechs I was playing with you before, think we managed to kill/capture a few things, did it help you get a few of your 1 start quests done?

Edited by James

And after all but a few minutes of the 50 minute time allotment, Gobul has been slain. Seriously, that one went on for ages. Perhaps I was just being overly cautious of him but I can't see Gobul being easy to beat quickly. It's like a game of cat and mouse where you swim in, get some hits off and the retreat while he attacks and hides in the sand. Still, creating a new weapon set with the Bone Tomahawk really helped because it's fire elemented and worked wonders against him because he's water. And the new Barroth Helm I made must have helped my defensive stats.

Now to get the rest of the Barroth armor seeing as Barroth's a rather easy kill now.

I have finally got to grips with this. Played about 25 hours on and offline. Yesterday we had some amazing hunts online and things are really coming together. This game can be a bitch at times but when it all comes together the feeling of getting the big kill is like nothing else. Superb.

I will warn new players though, this game needs a serious investment of time and each battle requires serious concentration. It is punishing but fair. And when the investment does pay off it feels so rewarding.

I have finally got to grips with this. Played about 25 hours on and offline. Yesterday we had some amazing hunts online and things are really coming together. This game can be a bitch at times but when it all comes together the feeling of getting the big kill is like nothing else. Superb.

I will warn new players though, this game needs a serious investment of time and each battle requires serious concentration. It is punishing but fair. And when the investment does pay off it feels so rewarding.

True. Only unfair thing I could say about this game would be barroth. He is such a bloody pain even when you have good gear to take him down with. I hate him so much. Anyways, not well today so all going out plans cancelled so got some free time for MH3 today if anyone wants to do what we do best, terminate rare species of the dinosaur kind.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this game is so damn good that I finally managed to convince a mate of mine to get a wii just for this game. He was playing with you at the start Hellfire while I was typing and buying his new wii online. Makes me wonder if there will be another great experience like this on the wii.

Edited by Deathjam

Need some help please,

Minor: Lvl 1 Quest: Goldfish,

I have made 2 goldenfish bait but can't find more ingredients to make a 3rd.... is it possible to catch them with something else or is the somewhere specific to get the ingredients?

Major: Lvl 2 Quest: Who's the Boss?

How the frak do you catch a Great Jaggi alive? I've only got one type of trap (Shock) had him limping, got him in the trap and started chucking tranqbombs but nothing... any tips... or maybe some info on how to make other traps... I got a trap tool but nothing else I have combines with it?

Need some help please,

I have made 2 goldenfish bait but can't find more ingredients to make a 3rd.... is it possible to catch them with something else or is the somewhere specific to get the ingredients?

How the frak do you catch a Great Jaggi alive? I've only got one type of trap (Shock) had him limping, got him in the trap and started chucking tranqbombs but nothing... any tips... or maybe some info on how to make other traps... I got a trap tool but nothing else I have combines with it?

For goldfish bait you can get the Snakebee Larva from honey locations and fireflies from the shop and bug spots. Just combine these and you should have enough bait.

For traps combine Thunderbug and Trap for a Shock Trap or Spiderweb + Ivy which will give you a Net. Combine the Net with a Trap to give you a Pitfall Trap.

I've now put in over 100 hours on the game, still no signs of me letting up either.

Me and my mates fought Jhen Mohran yesterday, such a cool fight. The whole fight lasts 30 mins if you can't kill him so be prepared for a long battle. We fought him 3 times, repelled him twice but on the third go we finally brought him down with a barrage of cannonballs and ballista shots. At one point during the fight you use the Dragonator and as soon as it hits the MH theme kicks in, its so epic!

@ Hero-of-Time - I've seen some of the Jhen Mohran stuff. Looks so epic. Can't wait till I get to that part of the game. Good luck with Altreon though when you get to it because that bugger looks insanely hard.

Just took down the first Great Baggi. Absolute nightmare. Everytime I hit the thing my sword's sharpness instantly went down a level, from green to standard/yellow. Ridiculous. And of course, I forgot to bring Cha-Cha so it fainted me twice. Just unlocked the first Lagiacrus quest as a result so looking forward to that but I'm in severe need of upgrading my gear but in terms of weapons, I can't even get the materials for the next upgrade yet and for armor, I have to continue to grind Barroth to get the rest of the set.

@ Mokong X-C - If you're having trouble trapping the Great Jaggi, what I did was get it limping and let it limp off to another area. Wait a little bit, till it's marker stops moving provided you've paintballed it, and then go to the area where he is. He should be sleeping so stick a shock trap down beside it and then use the tranq bombs. Any damage done while a monster is sleeping is multiplied by three and I believe the effectiveness of the shock trap is increased similarly when they are asleep.

Need some help please,

This is what got me pulling my hair out. It's actually ok when you know how.

1. Wait for him to start limping.

2. Place the shock trap.

3. Use yourself as bait and have it so he runs right at you and falls into the trap just before he reaches you.

4. Have the tranq bombs ready. Throw them at him when he's in the trap. Make sure they connect and strike his head.

That should do it. My mistake was hitting him in the wrong place with the bomb.