NEurope
DiemetriX

New Nintendo patent. 3d somthing somthing

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=2&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=nintendo.AS.&OS=AN/

Three-dimensional image generating apparatus, storage medium storing a three-dimensional image generating program, and three-dimensional image generating method

I dont understand... but i't sure sounds cool :)

NintendoPatent.jpg

And Nintendo Revolution to be called Nintendo Futurna?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23900684

Nintendo Revolution to be called Nintendo Futurna?
I don't know about the rest.. but... WHAT A HORRIBLE NAME :shock: there I said it :hmm:

I don't know about the rest.. but... WHAT A HORRIBLE NAME :shock: there I said it :hmm:
Yeah, that name would be TERRIBLE;

'Nintendo Future' I like as a name (that sounds similar)!

It does look and sound very fake but i was thinking 'futurna' could be Japanese for something (but then again i don't know any Japanese).

Hmm... that patent is interesting however I wonder what kind of people work in the patent office because it takes either a genius or an idiot to write such an incomprehensible description.

But what I can read out of it, this describes something similar or the same as that 3D thing we were talking about in another thread but then again English is not my native language so I wouldn't trust what I read out of it :D

I also think that Futura thing is fake, because Miyamoto said he wanted to break free from using a TV screen what indicates that the Revo is still connected to a TV screen and the futura sends some kind of beam on a canvas.

im looking at images from the patent. crazy stuff indeed. they are actually talking about 3d projection

Hmm i was gonna say this could be an updated patent for the Virtual Boy (i wonder how many priests bought that thing?) but this diagram has me stumped

Yeah, saw the patent earlier but has been dismissed on ign as being nothing revolutionary. Some guy said the patent was always stating a screen or projection monitor (=screen), so no holograph stuff or whatever. It would just be a new way for the viewpoint to be displayed.

im looking at images from the patent. crazy stuff indeed. they are actually talking about 3d projection

Actually, they aren't. That patent is (by my understanding) highly advanced routine for camera that should prevent that nothing comes between camera and object that player is following. For example, if you think about Super Mario 64, there was always problem that camera could get "inside" wall and you couldn't see Mario. With using this routine there should be no way that Mario could "disappear" behind the wall. That makes games far easier to play even for beginners and would be actually quite logical, when you think how much Nintendo is aiming for new gamers.

Futurna looks fake....and I can't believe this patent is to use with REV since there already a lot of games being made, without using this....I think....

Damn it i hate all this speculating!!!! if only we had some sort of concrete evidence. but regardless of all this futurna picture i reckon that nintendo still have big suprise in store 4 us. everything they are doin is just way 2 secretive. and is it just me but are all these rumors starting 2 link up in a strange way? first Miyamoto says he wants games 2 leap off convention t.v screens... then we had SG007 (most likely) bogus story... now we have not only this strange patent but some crazy ass pictures of what is believed 2 be a nintendo console projecting 'something'.

its all seems a little suspicious to me... but i reckon there are still a few suprise's round the corner...

well there is still one surprise...but we all know nintendo.only when they show we can believe in it.until then let's wait and play a lot more GC :)

The patent seems like the DS patent? Meh, haven't really read it.

That rumour is sooooo fake. Nintendo have already confirmed the Rev is still a TV console.

And Futurna is probably the worst name EVER suggested too.

Damn it i hate all this speculating!!!! if only we had some sort of concrete evidence.

I for one love all the speculating! :kiss: I find 40% of the fun of a new generation of consoles being all the excitement and suspense leading up to it!

you think that it may produce a holygram, just a thought. Maybe its just a fancy name for a projector, to produce some sort of 3d image.

sounds intresting, this along with the tv's won't be everything comment sure do make ninty sound more intresting. I was looking forward to the 360 but shinner cars can wait this is ganna be golden.

Hmmmm....Could this be another surprise of the Rev?!?!.....Even though they've said it's a TV console and such, doesn't mean it can't do this ASWELL!!!

Hmmmm....Could this be another surprise of the Rev?!?!.....Even though they've said it's a TV console and such, doesn't mean it can't do this ASWELL!!!
don't count on it...

This patent has been doing the rounds recently. It idoes appear to be genuine, but seems unlikely to actually become anything solid.

Although...

This rather oddly comes after Shigsy let slip that he would "like games to fill the entire living room", before immediatly clamming up as soon as he said it. Who knows what Nintendo are up to...

Actually, they aren't. That patent is (by my understanding) highly advanced routine for camera that should prevent that nothing comes between camera and object that player is following. For example, if you think about Super Mario 64, there was always problem that camera could get "inside" wall and you couldn't see Mario. With using this routine there should be no way that Mario could "disappear" behind the wall. That makes games far easier to play even for beginners and would be actually quite logical, when you think how much Nintendo is aiming for new gamers.

Yeh that sounds like the most likely interpretation. I mean they were saying something along the lines of that a while back how they want a camera system where the gamer never loses the viewpoint or something.