N-Europe

Halo 3 Plot Discussion (Spoilers)

McPhee

I thought the ending was ok, nothing mind-blowing though. But I really liked how everything went full circle in the full ending, with Master Chief going into stasis, like he was at the start of the first Halo game.

I really hope that there's no Halo 4, Halo 3 ended the story-arc nicely. Although it'd be interesting for Master Chief to feature in a new non-Halo game. Maybe the Frigate gets discovered, and Master Chief and Cortana need to escape a new alien threat, or something...

I'm sad that Sargent Johnson died though, but it was great to finally take out The Monitor.

It'd be nice if Halo 4 picked up a couple of hundred years later, with MC coming out of stasis via a crash land or a deep space salvage crew finding him :wink:. Then you would get all new setting/characters/weapons. It would be a nice departure.

It'd be nice if Halo 4 picked up a couple of hundred years later, with MC coming out of stasis via a crash land or a deep space salvage crew finding him :wink:. Then you would get all new setting/characters/weapons. It would be a nice departure.

Or maybe in the past?

To me (and I'm clearly wrong) the ending was similar to Harry Potter in that they killed off the main character (as should always be done at the end of any text) and then couldn't go through with it or were too scared that fans would be upset by the loss of their precious Mr Chief. That or they won't sequels.

I thought that, a lot like the Alien films, with him coming out of cryo just at a time when he's really needed, like in a couple hundred years when the events of the current Halo trilogy are something akin to myth.

I thought that, a lot like the Alien films, with him coming out of cryo just at a time when he's really needed, like in a couple hundred years when the events of the current Halo trilogy are something akin to myth.

I actually like the way they handle that- Masterchief first appears coming out of Cryo as he's desperately needed in the final crisis in the war, then receeds as this still faceless avatar of a character. It'd be sweet to see him come back in another situation