NEurope
UziT

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

reminded me of Shadows of the Empire.

Argh! The worst game I have for my N64. How I regret buying that.... it was a compulsive buy, I woke up one day and I wanted a new game for the N64. There were very few and a Star Wars game looked good to me. Argh! :nono:

Argh! The worst game I have for my N64. How I regret buying that.... it was a compulsive buy, I woke up one day and I wanted a new game for the N64. There were very few and a Star Wars game looked good to me. Argh! :nono:

I had that, it was OK. You just got the feeling that it would have been soooo much better if they'd have given a little more effort to each section. Just being able to see your gun in the FPS sections and a few more enemies.

SotE is the kind of game I know isn't good, but I can't help loving it. Played a bajillion hours. Being a SW nut helps too.

DS review here for anyone who is interested :p

Here it be the review you see.

Actually really interested in the Wii version. The PS3 demo was "ok" and reminded me of Shadows of the Empire. Primarily this was on moodset, scouring of planets for a single person and the game mechanics, eg..the love of Loooooooooooong falls to your doom!

However, with Wii motions I just had a feeling this would translate well. Reviews seem to agree too.

When it's cheaper I'll buy it instantly.

My thinking exactly. Really happy I did, really enjoying the motion controls, even the lightsaber swings are great!

SotE is the kind of game I know isn't good, but I can't help loving it. Played a bajillion hours. Being a SW nut helps too.

I still have the book of the game as I loved the title so much! The book is a brilliant companion piece to the game and fills in the story so much. Although some of the game was dire, I loved the atmosphere and the opportunity to run around the Star Wars universe in glorious 3D (at the time) was amazing. The story was actually good in-game too and (shock!) the final flying level was the inspiration for Factor 5's venture into the Star Wars universe.

Oh yeah, back on track, is everyone enjoying TFU then? After hammering the DS version solid, imo it has a better story than the recent films :heh:

Yeah, I will eventually buy this game (for cheap) because of the story, which seems very solid and good. The gameplay just looks generic.

I was on til 3 in the morning but its finally finished. I thought the whole Rebellion storyline was great especially with the twists they added. I will say the game has one of the most annoying moments in a game....EVER!

[spoiler=]On the 2nd to last level you have to bring down a Star Destroyer with the force and the thing takes ages as you have to fight off respawning squadrons of Tie Fighters aswell. My pad nearly went through the TV at one point :)

I have been going through a few levels again to get some achievements ( 360 version ) and its a better game when you can use all the force powers on the earlier levels, its easily more fun.

Overall the reviews got it right when giving it 6-7 out of 10 as it really is an average game. I personally had more fun with Psi-Ops when that was out and this is really all that game is with Star Wars slapped on.

I was on til 3 in the morning but its finally finished. I thought the whole Rebellion storyline was great especially with the twists they added. I will say the game has one of the most annoying moments in a game....EVER!

[spoiler=]On the 2nd to last level you have to bring down a Star Destroyer with the force and the thing takes ages as you have to fight off respawning squadrons of Tie Fighters aswell. My pad nearly went through the TV at one point :)

I have been going through a few levels again to get some achievements ( 360 version ) and its a better game when you can use all the force powers on the earlier levels, its easily more fun.

Overall the reviews got it right when giving it 6-7 out of 10 as it really is an average game. I personally had more fun with Psi-Ops when that was out and this is really all that game is with Star Wars slapped on.

It's way more fun on the Wii though. The controls are really great. I've only done the first 2 levels though....Loving it at the minute.

It's way more fun on the Wii though. The controls are really great. I've only done the first 2 levels though....Loving it at the minute.

Yeah most of the reviews said it was more fun on the Wii aswell.

Yeah most of the reviews said it was more fun on the Wii aswell.

I like it on the PS3, can do a little more with the throwing stuff around, but is just missing something that the Wii brings.

I'm hearing great things about he story, can't wait till it kicks in. Already some relatively dark moments

I like it on the PS3, can do a little more with the throwing stuff around, but is just missing something that the Wii brings.

I'm hearing great things about he story, can't wait till it kicks in. Already some relatively dark moments

Yeah, I think the story is great. If your a Star Wars nut then you will really enjoy how things turn out :smile:

Hmm, it sounds like this could be worth checking out- especially if it can be found on the cheap at some point. I agree with everything that's been said about SotE, and the possibility of a good story in the Force Unleashed is enticing.

Okay, so I bought this game yesterday... AND I COMPLETED TODAY, FFS! I knew this game was short, but christ, 6 FUCKING HOURS?!

Well, to look on the bright-side, I got it cheaper via store credit and trading in two old games, plus, it was a short but sweet experience.

Just finished the game, it's a pretty cool action game, from what I played of the 360 version, the Wii version is indeed better, but the game has its share of flaws. Still havent played duel mode. Look forward to the review.

Also, HOW THE HELL DID GEORGE LUCAS APPROVE THE STORY?

The apprentice, by himself is an anomaly, how the hell would there be no mention of him with so many material during that period in the the Extended Universe. Then, he's waaay overpowered. I mean, how the hell does a sithling or dark jedi has all those amazing force powers, brings down star destroyers, fights and defeats Vader and the Emperor in a sitting after going through hordes of stormtroopers? Absurd. Also, Palpatine didn't make any lightsaber after fighting Windu! The Mandalorians are all dead except for Fett! There aren't that many force proficient Shadow Guards! And worst of all, the apprentice is the one who starts the rebel alliance? ugh. Idiotic.

Okay, so I bought this game yesterday... AND I COMPLETED TODAY, FFS! I knew this game was short, but christ, 6 FUCKING HOURS?!

Well, to look on the bright-side, I got it cheaper via store credit and trading in two old games, plus, it was a short but sweet experience.

Did you rush through it? I mean, I've read its short... but six hours is a bit of a piss take! Whats the replayability like? Any incentives to return to the game?

I took about 7 hours too, there are some incentives, you can start over with all your powers and upgrades, which is actually fun, as you can fully upgrade, there are lots of unlockable extras with hidden cheats that give you different outfits (you can play as Darth Maul for example), you can find lightsaber hilts and crystals, etc... And there's obviously the duel mode, which should add some replayability. Havent' tried it yet though. Let's be fair here, we're always comparing games' lengths with RPGs, 5-7 hours in an action game isn't all that uncommon.

...you can play as Darth Maul

Wow. Personally would have liked a game based around the origins of the maul tbh.

Wow. Personally would have liked a game based around the origins of the maul tbh.

You're still the apprentice you're just dressed as him :P

i truly loved it i played both versions 360 and wii

the wii version is in my opinion the best version the way you have to use your lightsaber by swinging the wii mote or using the force with the nunchuck

Played a demo last night on the 360, and i have to admit it is quite good. It is the Star Wars game everyone has been waiting for i think. May consider this a purchase.

I took about 7 hours too, there are some incentives, you can start over with all your powers and upgrades, which is actually fun, as you can fully upgrade, there are lots of unlockable extras with hidden cheats that give you different outfits (you can play as Darth Maul for example), you can find lightsaber hilts and crystals, etc... And there's obviously the duel mode, which should add some replayability. Havent' tried it yet though. Let's be fair here, we're always comparing games' lengths with RPGs, 5-7 hours in an action game isn't all that uncommon.
You can even play as Admiral Ackbar... ITSA TRAP! :heh:

I had a go with this at the store today, Wii version. Didn't impress me. The force controls, which everyone seems to speak so high of, are no different from what is in Second Sight. I will only get this at budget price, perhaps used, and for the story.

I had a go with this at the store today, Wii version. Didn't impress me. The force controls, which everyone seems to speak so high of, are no different from what is in Second Sight. I will only get this at budget price, perhaps used, and for the story.

They are very different, much more dynamic.