NEurope
pedrocasilva

Shiren the Wanderer 3

I wish they would announce that it'll make it'a way to the US and Europe. I'm hoping it will, loved the DS version.

This week's Famitsu scores.

Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360, Tecmo): 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)

Koto ni Maru Hana Sanrin: Kyoto Satujin Jinken File (NDS, Tecmo): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)

Fushigi no Dungeon - Furai no Shiren 3: Karakuri Yashiki no Nemuri Hime (Wii, Sega): 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (35/40)

FIFA Street 3 (PS3/Xbox 360, EA): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (PS3/Xbox 360, Bandai Namco): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)

Oookuki (PS2, Global A): 3 / 3 / 4 / 3 - (13/40)

Where the hell is darksnowman? He will love this :)

..he's at work.. but he knows :heh: I got a text about it this morning :indeed:

Good stuff! I knew he would be excited about this :)

Can't wait for this. Loved the DS version so will be picking up this :)

A must-buy! I haven't played it on the DS, but I'm really getting into Atlus with Etrian Odyssey.

Where the hell is darksnowman? He will love this :)

Haha, yeah I got the email this morning. :yay:

... and swiftly texted nando with the megaton news!

I'm really glad Shiren 3 is getting at the very least localised for the US. That means its getting an English translation and could well be the game I get into homebrew for! I hope Shiren 2 on DS gets the same treatment. :hehe:

Just read on Jeremy Parish's Twitter that Shiren 3 is being ported to the PSP. :(

Guess its good that Shiren will be able to reach a wider audience and all, but I thought it was nice enough having it as a Wii exclusive. Will have to dig around for more info!

Just read on Jeremy Parish's Twitter that Shiren 3 is being ported to the PSP. :(

Guess its good that Shiren will be able to reach a wider audience and all, but I thought it was nice enough having it as a Wii exclusive. Will have to dig around for more info!

Jeremy Parish will be right...whats his twitter name, must follow him!:bouncy:

As for Shiren, meh have the DS one and couldn't get far into at all and boy those games are hard...

Reviews from the States are starting to roll in. The uninitiated are complaining that the game is too difficult, complicated and lacking in story while experienced Wanderers claim that Shiren 3 has actually gone in the opposite direction difficulty-wise but has less story, in the sense of being able to effect the world over time like in previous Shiren titles.

As predicted, Jeremy Parish has given Shiren lots of publicity via 1Up and the toastyfrog blog. The latest Active-Time Babble podcast is also centred around Shiren and the roguelike genre.

Story: 6.3

Design: 6.5

Gameplay: 7.5

Presentation: 6.0

Overall: 7.3

They don't go into any sort of depth whatsoever with this review. :(

Lots of reviewers just don't get Shiren, why I normally never listen to them. Give me this and i'll be a happy camper.

Saying that, been wanting to get back to Shiren on the DS again lately. Awesome game.