N-Europe

The Sports Thread

Mr-Paul

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like the right thread...

Does anyone know a site where I can get cheap, decent dumbells? 'Cos the only place I can weight treain right now is school.

EDIT- do you think I should start my own thread?

It's not the best if you want something heavy, but you could fill up bottles of water to make-do while yours are getting delivered.

What time is the rugby today? I'm very annoyed because England Rugby is on at the same time as England Football tomorrow, which means I'll miss the rugby. And England cricket is on at the same time aswell. Couldn't they have arranged that they were all on at different times?

Yay! The rugby is about to start!!

What time is the rugby today? I'm very annoyed because England Rugby is on at the same time as England Football tomorrow, which means I'll miss the rugby. And England cricket is on at the same time aswell. Couldn't they have arranged that they were all on at different times?

What time is the match tomorrow?

We have the football thread, which is extremely active, but I have noticed that not many other sports are mentioned on here, apart from the occasional F1 thread or rugby which pops up every so often and other random events. Therefore, I have created this general sports thread for any sport that isn't football! Cricket, Rugby, Tennis, Lawn Bowls, whatever interests you, post it in here!

To start off, has anyone been watching the athletics? Us Brits didn't do too bad in it. What do you think about Christine Ohorugu's situation (missed 3 drugs tests so is banned from the olympics). Personally, I feel she should be allowed, as her mistake was through pure stupidity, not avoiding tests because she was actually on drugs.

I see you took my advice and started it then :grin:

Btw Anyone watching under 17 World Cup on Eurosport

Nigeria V Spain in the final. I'll be rooting for Nigeria :awesome:

Whoah, New Zealand thrashed italy in the rugby, 76-14. My money is on them to win the World Cup.

In cricket, it looks like England have a good chance to win against India, with a target of just 188.

And in formula 1, Fernando Alonso is on pole, with Lewis Hamilton in second place. Heidfeld broke up the top four by claiming fourth place in qualifying.

Also... COME ON ENGLAND! (both rugby and football)

Whoah, New Zealand thrashed italy in the rugby, 76-14. My money is on them to win the World Cup.

In cricket, it looks like England have a good chance to win against India, with a target of just 188.

And in formula 1, Fernando Alonso is on pole, with Lewis Hamilton in second place. Heidfeld broke up the top four by claiming fourth place in qualifying.

Also... COME ON ENGLAND! (both rugby and football)

England take 2 early wickets though, rele didn't see that coming. England should make it though!

It's strange how slow the Ferrari's are :(

It's not the best if you want something heavy, but you could fill up bottles of water to make-do while yours are getting delivered.

I'm getting them for my birthday... which is next month.

But I do fill draws up with mags, etc, so I'm inventive. And I'll try your suggestion too.

Yay, victories for all 3 england teams, football, cricket and rugby!

Cricket team played very well, fully deserved their victory.

Football team were a lot better than usual, very good goal from Owen, although Joe Cole was still trying to be Joecoledinho.

Didnt watch tthe rugby, but from what I've heard from my dad, weren't too convincing. Overall though, a good day for british sport.

Yay, victories for all 3 england teams, football, cricket and rugby!

Cricket team played very well, fully deserved their victory.

Football team were a lot better than usual, very good goal from Owen, although Joe Cole was still trying to be Joecoledinho.

Didnt watch tthe rugby, but from what I've heard from my dad, weren't too convincing. Overall though, a good day for british sport.

Not really for British sport. More for English and Scottish Sport...

By the way. The plural for Sport is actually "Sport". Like with fruit. Please bear in mind.

Federer through against Davydenko, relatively easily but the 3rd set was a bit shaky...

b_0901_061_federer.jpg

He's playing Djokovic in the final, who beat Ferrer

b_0908_012_djokovic.jpg

Hopefully Federer wins. Although Djokovic won their last match, Federer did'nt play well and even then it was 7-6 in the 3rd....

Btw, has anyone seen Djokers impressions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KuJSg51SNw

:laughing: :laughing:

Nice update, Stev2604! That truly was a weird third set last night, so many breaks of serve and Federer even had to save a couple of set points. I was glad to see him pull through in straight sets, though before the match I would have predicted it to be a four setter- I thought Davydenko, on his current form, would've stolen the first set.

Anyhow, Super Saturday was brought to a close with the Women's Final- Henin vs Kuznetsova. It was a straight sets win for Henin: 6-1 6-3.

b_0908_067_henin.jpg

Nevermind that though, tonight is the big one- Federer v Djokovic... I hope Roger absolutely annihilates him, especially after losing to Djokovic in Montreal the other week.

Allez la Suisse!

Nice update, Stev2604! That truly was a weird third set last night, so many breaks of serve and Federer even had to save a couple of set points. I was glad to see him pull through in straight sets, though before the match I would have predicted it to be a four setter- I thought Davydenko, on his current form, would've stolen the first set.

Anyhow, Super Saturday was brought to a close with the Women's Final- Henin vs Kuznetsova. It was a straight sets win for Henin: 6-1 6-3.

b_0908_067_henin.jpg

Nevermind that though, tonight is the big one- Federer v Djokovic... I hope Roger absolutely annihilates him, especially after losing to Djokovic in Montreal the other week.

Allez la Suisse!

Are you swiss by any chance darksnowman? :heh:

Allez la Suisse!

Thanks!

I'm hoping for the same too, hopefully Federer can put Djokovic in his place! Djokovic can be a bit cheeky at times, in Australia this year he openly declared he'd beat Federer, only to be brushed aside easily in the end! Federers not exactly heaping the praise on Djokovic either; last year he called him a joke and accused him of faking injury!

Anyway Federer to win in straight sets!

Yeah you're right, Djokovic is a good player but he can be annoying... he's a bit too cocky or something. Federer complimented him last night by saying that he wished he was getting the results that Djokovic is when he was his age!

I could see Djokovic maybe getting a set later but I reckon Roger will blitz him to show he's still top dog. :yay: