NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Any taekwondo fighters/practitioners/fans?

I'm an ex-student of it. The very few times I've had to fight, it's come in handy.

Good luck with the Olympics thing. What grade are you at the moment?

I'm an ex-student of it. The very few times I've had to fight, it's come in handy.

Good luck with the Olympics thing. What grade are you at the moment?

Cheers. I'm a red tag. Have you been in any competitions?

Cheers. I'm a red tag. Have you been in any competitions?

Red tag, eh? Not bad, not bad at all. Better than me and my green belt, anyway.

Oh, and nope, I'm not a competitive person.

I got up to a red tag but wasn't allowed to go ay further cause of my age,so I quit it.

I done it for years and it does come in handy.

In before 'Don't support violence and how martial arts are bad and immoral' post.

I personally want to learn a martial art of some sort, probably would be Taekwondo or Judo. But :effort: and school get in the way :(

EDIT: Also, I do enjoy a bit of the old Fedor Emelianenko on youtube. Not sure if he trains in a specific art, but god damn he's a good fighter in the MMA PRIDE setting (and most probably you wouldn't want to fuck with him in real life either >_<)

EDIT2: PRIDE, MMA, same difference.

EDIT3: Actually thinking about it, I wouldn't mind trying Kendo :o

Wow this is really cool. Good luck then.

I started Ju-Jitsu recently and really like it so far but I didn't do any budo sport so far so I'm at the very beginning.

I got up to a red tag but wasn't allowed to go ay further cause of my age,so I quit it.

I done it for years and it does come in handy.

Ever thought of going back?

Wow this is really cool. Good luck then.

I started Ju-Jitsu recently and really like it so far but I didn't do any budo sport so far so I'm at the very beginning.

Thank ye kindly, sir.

Has any tried Capoiera? Those youtube vids look amazing.

Untill someone can teach me to do a real life Hadouken, i'm not returning to martial arts.

i study martial arts at the flemish academy of martial arts. currently i'm in muay thai, panantukan, jeet kune do and on my own time i just go tyson on a heavy bag. there used to be boxing, but it got cancelled.

muay thai is by far the most efficient martial art i have come across. it's plain no nonsense destruction. a great workout too. people tend to get knocked out during training though, not the healthyest workout...

jeet kune do (means the intercepting fist, its also called jun fan gung fu, jun fan being bruce lee's real name) is supposed to be more allaround, but you'll be training a very long time before you can wield the art. kung fu is really taxing on your intuition. the movement feels very unnatural. yet i have learned a great deal from it. and there's nothing as spiritual (i mean bad ass cool) as working on one of these;

wooden%20dummy%20jkd.gif

panantukan is quite a dirty street style derived from kali. strike at the eyes, the throath, break arm, knee and neck. charming. it's designed to defend yourself from arms being unarmed. it has many other purposes. they teach you a vast variation on how to kill with bare hands, and much more on how to do all sorts of permanent dammage. panantukan isn't the competitive style. it's eat or get eaten.

i practice an average two hours a day, four in the weekends, six days a week. it's an addiction. i am however proud to say that i have always remained humble in real life confrontations, and never took advantage of my skills. i'm so sweet you wouldn't believe it :) as are most of our students. moral qualities are carefully screened when you train for obvious reasons.

my school; http://www.defcross.be/

Untill someone can teach me to do a real life Hadouken, i'm not returning to martial arts.

I can, but you moved to another island so it'll be hard for lessons.

I've always wanted to learn kung fu or karate. My parents never took the hints it seems.

Hey I'm red tag been doing around 5 years now with like a 1 year break. It's a great sport! and martial art. Best fun I've had was from tkd.

Are you going to qualifiers in manchester?

well i did years ago.. stopped when I had red belt with 2 black stripes.. only 2 from black belt wuhuuuu!

I remember "all" the kids from my town showing up for the first lesson.. but when they found out that they were not going to be "Bruce Lee" or "Chuck Norris" for quite some time they lef rather quick..

muay thai is by far the most efficient martial art i have come across. it's plain no nonsense destruction.

I did study Taekwondo and thought it was completely effing useless, as most martial arts. Muay thai is the only martial art I still intend to "learn" or somewhat master. All others are pretty... well... gay, next to it, and week too.

I mean, take a look at this master cup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHKIUuDbCI

Even though taekwondo beat everything else, it's just not even a match when against muay thai, is it? Just, feeble... a turd.

I did study Taekwondo and thought it was completely effing useless, as most martial arts. Muay thai is the only martial art I still intend to "learn" or somewhat master. All others are pretty... well... gay, next to it, and week too.

I mean, take a look at this master cup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHKIUuDbCI

Even though taekwondo beat everything else, it's just not even a match when against muay thai, is it? Just, feeble... a turd.

*sigh* The same old story eh? "My art is better than your art", "Thai fighters destroy TKD fighters" etc etc...I'd love for you to spar with me so i can demonstrate to you that a kick is a kick - it hurts, plain and simple.

"Whoever hits the hardest wins"

I was about to go in-depth a little more but...No...You'd probably still think the same way, so why waste my energy?

I considered and am still considering joining the Taekwondo lessons on my school's gym as it's almost free for the uni students, but the school's schedule is not helping.

I do judo...

Can someone tell me why this is so special, this martial art?

I Havent done Martial arts for many years.....I chose the sacred path of beer and birds rather than honing my skills at Ju Jitsu, shame cos I was doing quite well.

On the flip side one of my friends who taught TaeKwondo (who still chooses to live in my home town) did rather damn well for himself....Stranger still was bumping into him in the local pub the other month when me and the other half went to grab a pub lunch:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416209/

I do judo...

Can someone tell me why this is so special, this martial art?

Those take downs are killer moves. I, as a TKD fighter, would hate to fight a Judo practitioner. :shakehead ...Plus its an Olympic sport so you can take it further if you want.

I Havent done Martial arts for many years.....I chose the sacred path of beer and birds rather than honing my skills at Ju Jitsu, shame cos I was doing quite well.

On the flip side one of my friends who taught TaeKwondo (who still chooses to live in my home town) did rather damn well for himself....Stranger still was bumping into him in the local pub the other month when me and the other half went to grab a pub lunch:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416209/

Hmm, a French guy?

I have a lot of respect for those grappling arts. ..Very useable.

Hmm, a French guy?

I have a lot of respect for those grappling arts. ..Very useable.

He's far from French, More Yorkshire guy....(Unless there was something he didnt tell us in our youth, lol)

There's a dojo right around the corner. I should check out soon. Used to do Judo though, before school exams finally killed my soul.

Sign in to follow this