NEurope
Tales

Gamefaqs' Character Battle VI

Anyone planning to follow this? And submitted an entry?

You can do it here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/contest/cb6

This years battle is a bit different from the others. Four characters will battle each other and the top two will move on. In the first bracket you have Knuckles, Rikku, Vaan and Yoshi. Let's say Vaan get the most votes and Yoshi second. Both move on. In the second bracket you have Arthas, Diablo, KOS-MOS and Megaman. KOS-MOS get the most votes and Megaman second. That means that in the second round Vaan, Yoshi, KOS-MOS and Megaman will battle each other. You then again choose the two that get the most votes. It can still be Vaan first and Yoshi second. Ask if you didn't get it.

I hope there are more than me that are going to follow this, could be fun. here'smy entry:

Entry deleted.

I hate these gamefaq pols, they always end up the same way: Link vs Cloud

I can't think of a less important but more overly hyped event that happens each summer than Big Brother...closely followed by this.

But each their own eh. If you want to vicously press vote for several weeks to see Cloud win regardless, be my guest.

Forget the finals then. The first round is always the most interesting one anyway. To see how many lesser known characters make it through. Everyone should have a favourite or two except the obvious Zelda, Mario and FF characters. Bidoof anyone?

Yeah, I love this and follow it every year. Each year I predict that the Blue Bomber will make it to the finals and each year he gets so close but then gets knocked out. Samus will do well this year due to MP3 getting released near the time of the battle.

Samus won last year when Link, Mario, Sephiroth and Cloud were not in the contest. They should all be banned from this one in my opinion, the contest would be much more excting then.

I have Megaman reaching round 3, where I think he will be beaten by Samus and Yoshi. I don't think he has big enoguh fanbase to match those two.

Samus won last year when Link, Mario, Sephiroth and Cloud were not in the contest. They should all be banned from this one in my opinion, the contest would be much more excting then.

I have Megaman reaching round 3, where is being beaten by Samus and Yoshi. I don't think he has big enoguh fanbase to match those two.

I think he will take Yoshi but he will get a beating off Samus.

I hate these gamefaq pols, they always end up the same way: Link vs Cloud

They were cool, however it all went downhill when every year just became a repeat of last year's battle. Personally they should keep removing champions so they don;t just keep having the same battle time and again.

I actually quite like these! Not religious following or nothing, but if I'm gamefaqs or I know a charcter I like is coming up, I'll usually go on and give them a vote. I just wish Yoshi could win one year, just for a bit of a change like.

I love the Character Battles. Why did you delete your entry? I'd like to see your idea on who'll win. I submit mine last night :P

Mudkip ftw!

As mentioned above, we all know the result. But here you have it anyway:

Quarterfinal

Cloud

Samus

Yoshi

Bowser

Cloud gets a free ticket to the semi finals. Samus lives on the MP3 hype.

Link

Mario

Sephiroth

Crono

I will never be sure about this one. What a bracket! Three out of four are former champions.

Ganondorf

Yuna

Tidus

Balthier

Ganondorf will get the most votes. He got second place in contest 3. Yuna has certain attributes :P

Aeris

Snake

Kratos

Gordon

Not sure how big Aeris' fanbase really is. Maybe I'm overestimating her. Snake will pass on because of MGS4's hype.

Semifinal

Link

Cloud

Mario

Samus

Link has won two contests plus the tournament of the champions(Link vs Cloud vs Mario vs Sephiroth) Cloud has won one contest and second place in another one. Same with Mario, but Link and Cloud are without doubt the strongest characters.

Ganondorf

Yuna

Aeris

Snake

This side of the contest has a lot of weak characters compared to the other side where you have Cloud, Link, Mario and so on and therefore difficult to choose correctly. Anyway, I have hope in Ganondorf and Yuna.

Final

Link

Cloud

Ganondorf

Yuna

Link FTW!

Duh nuh nuh nuh!

cbattle1.jpg

cbattle2.jpg

cbattle3.jpg

As much as I love Mudkip I couldn't possibly betray Sonic, my #1 hero.

Sonic will never reach the final, you know that :P

How did you do that anyway?

Sonic will never reach the final, you know that :P

How did you do that anyway?

You gotta live teh dream!

Do what?

Showing your entry as an image? Print screen copy past on paint or something?

Yep. Took 4 minutes, and saves a lot of time and is easier on the eys than texting it up.

gamefaqstw8.th.png

Here's mine. Imageshack sucks(or it may be me) so good luck reading it.

I have failed miserably. Only two times have I guessed both characters correct, Megaman>KOS-MOS and Link>Bidoof. But I will have MC>Yuna today correct also. In total I have only 34 points. My bracket is screwed in some places. I had Bowser>Mewtwo but the results were Ruy>Bowser, and I have Bowser advancing to div final. And I had Jak>Lloyd but neither of them advanced. Jak ended in fourth...And I had Tingle and Ratchet come in second but both ended in fourth. The future doesn't look very bright either. I have Roxas>Riku, but they are probably be affected by SSF(Same Fanbase Factor) and none of them will be advancing. Just like Arthas and Diablo. KOS-MOS advanced only because they stole votes from each others. And I have Amaterasu over Dante :P Great.

In total I have only 34 points.

!!! Excatly the same amount of points I have!! :o

Although, seems I got right on todays one, M.Chief is gunna win it, with Yuna being second, both are what I put down.

You have Mudkip beating Ganondorf and Master Chief...? You're optimistic^^ And what about Yuna? I have her go to the finals :P Maybe I'm overestimating her, but I'm sure she will go far.

I have Zidane over Ness tomorrow.