N-Europe

The Official N-E Quiz. Forum prizes to be won! (round 11 complete)

Shorty

It's a bonus question, people who have already got one right should be able to answer again, otherwise the leaderboard will hardly change.

And Moria, you changing the rules and editing your post ages later doesn't help either. 2 points?? Hellfire is allowed 2 guesses etc...

Does it matter if it's a bonus question or not? The rules are you're allowed 1 answer within 24 hours. We need to give other people a chance too. Hellfire obviously wouldn't have guessed that if he knew what I was just about to edit it to, as Shorty said, it doesn't even have a T in it.

Motion you can't give people answers! Jeez, this is a quiz, you can't have teams or help people out, I know you PM'd the answer to conzer, that's totally unfair. I'll have to see what the other staff think about that but IMO that's just cheating.

Well it was obviously right anyway so round 8 is over I guess, I leave it up to the other staff to see if that's ok. I didn't think it was but hey others might disagree with me. I gotta go for today so it'll be sorted without my intervention.

The rules state use whatever means to get your answer. It was only a one off and I didn't even think he was online mate.

Apologies. :(

There's hardly any difference between posting the answer and saying "PM me for the answer" in the thread. So you should have the same punishment as Tellyn! and have your points from this round taken away.

Regardless of whether it was outlined in the rules it is at least common sense. It is a quiz, and everyone obviously wants points so why would you be willing to throw them to someone else anyway?

Canis canem edit.

Oh come on guys, go easy on me please :( I've apologised and I read the rules before doing it

I am going easy on you. If I wasn't I would have posted:

As You lose 5 points for posting where the question is, the same should also be applied for posting where the answer is (unless you are actually answering the question). For example, posting a link to the board that is the answer would also be unacceptable.

Woah sorry motion.

Actually he had just pm'ed me as I had reached a thread aved on my comp with Flink's real name posted in it. He probably gave me the answer ahead of Hellfire however. I presume I don't get a point this round either then.

I don't think he should get deducted any points. There were n specific rules laid down as regards conferring were there?

Give the point to Hellfire.

Or else be all draconian and expel me and motion from the quiz.