NEurope
Ashley

Online Boards - Take Two

Sorry for the delay (to be fair, would you like to play around with vB in you're free time?) but they're finally changed around to meet the preferred state of most people.

If you look at the forum home page you will see that the online boards is now just one board which when you click on it links to all the rest. That way the images are off the main page and the page is elongated by them.

Also you should notice that each game doesn't have its own forum, instead there is just four forums; general discussion & help, Wii, DS and Others (granted the image needs to be changed but I'll get RedShell on that). Which again was what you people wanted more. And I admit, the other way wasn't the best. But as I said at the start, these forums are constantly flexible to meet your needs.

Anyway, hope all is okay. Any problems, questions or criticisms feel free to address them.

Yay we made motion happy, was starting to think it was unpossible :p

Glad you like it anyway.

can you change it so that it shows the latest post in the online section on the main forum page?

apart from that great work!

I think the online boards are an AWFUL idea and don't work. If the online section was INSIDE the Wii/DS section more online gaming would happen between members - simple as. I set up an online thread on Medal of Honor and got more members in half an hour than the equivelent on the online board got in nearly a week!! People don't go on there really! Can't we experiment with putting them in the Wii/DS section?

I think the online boards are an AWFUL idea and don't work. If the online section was INSIDE the Wii/DS section more online gaming would happen between members - simple as. I set up an online thread on Medal of Honor and got more members in half an hour than the equivelent on the online board got in nearly a week!! People don't go on there really! Can't we experiment with putting them in the Wii/DS section?

Agreed this would work a million times better.

Two words, Sub Forums.
Personally this gets my vote. I've always believed it only ever needs to be this simple.

Wii board would have a Wii-Online sub board, visible once you're viewing the Wii boards or if you click on the "Console Talk" link on the main page. Same for the DS boards. In there we'd let you make whatever threads you wanted (within reason, no need for 5 'general discussion of online game x' threads) to organise... whatever you like.

Interested?

Yeah. No one views the online boards, the actual console boards get a lot more views and more talk about online games. It makes more sense.

Vote: Sub-Boards

No, there shouldn't.

Vote: Sub-boards

Day 1 has ended. The community decided to lynch the online boards, and waited for the admins to do their dirty work.

The Online Boards have died. They were a mess. (Evil)

A new forum has joined the game.

No, there shouldn't.

Vote: Sub-boards

Day 1 has ended. The community decided to lynch the online boards, and waited for the admins to do their dirty work.

The Online Boards have died. They were a mess. (Evil)

A new forum has joined the game.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

No, there shouldn't.

Even though I would never use it, it would keep people from posting stuff about online xbox ps3 and PC games in the wii board.

It's lead to further splitting of the board, less people visiting certain boards and thus making more boards redundant, and isn't that what we're trying to stop with this change?