N-Europe

Super Metroid!

Just got me a new Wii today, in the middle of downloading S&P...I'm considering Smetroid, to get me in the metroid mood. Is it THAT good? (ie worthy of the 800 points) Cos its either this or Sonic 3 for my last 800.

Personally, there would be no contest: my 800 would go to Super Metroid. Come to think of it, my last 800 DID go to Super Metroid! In the end, it's just a matter of personal taste. If you prefer platformers à la Sonic, where the emphasis is on speed, jumping, bright colours and a rather cheery atmosphere, go for Sonic 3. If you prefer a 'platform' game with shooting, exploration, backtracking, suspension and a slower pace in an desolate alien setting, go for Super Metroid.

It's hard to come up with some 'rules' to decide which one you'd like most, but if you want my opinion, great games as they both may be, Super Metroid is the better choice.

Personally, there would be no contest: my 800 would go to Super Metroid. Come to think of it, my last 800 DID go to Super Metroid! In the end, it's just a matter of personal taste. If you prefer platformers à la Sonic, where the emphasis is on speed, jumping, bright colours and a rather cheery atmosphere, go for Sonic 3. If you prefer a 'platform' game with shooting, exploration, backtracking, suspension and a slower pace in an desolate alien setting, go for Super Metroid.

It's hard to come up with some 'rules' to decide which one you'd like most, but if you want my opinion, great games as they both may be, Super Metroid is the better choice.

D'oh, spent it on Hyper Street Fighter, I mean its ok. Maybe the VC should have refunds on one item or a short demo 'try before you buy'.

Im stuck. Its just to the right after getting the charge beam.

I passed a barrier you can only shoot open from one side and came to a room with tiles that you cant run over with normal speed. I cant go back and I cant go forward.

Embarassment.

I can't really remember where that was exactly, but try bombing and/or shooting the walls. There should be a destructable block somewhere.

Im stuck. Its just to the right after getting the charge beam.

I passed a barrier you can only shoot open from one side and came to a room with tiles that you cant run over with normal speed. I cant go back and I cant go forward.

Embarassment.

hha i think i know where you are.

you are unaware that you hold a and you run faster(or whatever the button is)

try that Most people get stuck there because the game never really makes that clear.

HOLD THE BUTTON AND RUN NORMALLY.

On what, the d-pad?

you press down twice and the dpad.

That monkey part stumped me for a while , in fact I still can't nail that with any regularity.

Anyway , I have managed to get to Maridia and suddenly things seem to be getting that bit harder , although I honestly don't think any game has given me the same level of satisfaction when you get through a tough part as this one has done.

Ya i dont get why people get stuck on the wall jump part.. The wall jump is simple i guess when you know how:) satisfiying.

At first I was pushing the direction of the wall jump and the jump button too close together, so nothing would happen. When I take my time and press direction and jump afterwards it's really easy.

• 2 years later...

Hi all

ive been folliwng this guide

http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/710/710438p1.html

i have these items

missile

super missile

power bomb

grapple hook

spazer

charge beam

x ray

varia suit

gravity suit

high jump boots

speed booster

ice beam

wave beam

ive followed this guide up to this point

Walkthrough - Space Jump, Plasma, Spring Ball

ive left the wrecked ship and ive enterd Maridia but i tried to get the plasma beam, and when i drop down i cant reach the ledge, the spring ball, i cant get into the room as the floor bits wont break?

and i have no idea where space jump is

should i be at this point, i dont have space jump, plasma, screw attack or any other items

could someone please advise me on where to go next

thanks