• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Not having read the book I can't see how 10 volumes could equate to 2 seasons. That's roughly 1300 minutes of television.

Anywho, its not really here nor there but I have nothing better do with myself than make a nuisance. :awesome:

I think you mis-read, as I never said that. STOP BEING A NEWSANCE!

My immediate TWD Casting wishlist:

Morgan:

Andre Royo aka Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins in The Wire

bubbles.jpg

He does every kind of fucked up and on the edge as a Baltimore Junkie- fantastic range and ability, particularly if Morgan comes back later after..well, you know.

Terese

Idris Elba, aka Stringer Bell in The Wire

stringer-bell.jpg

Huge, black and awesome ;)

Abraham

Ian Mcshane, aka Deadwood's Al Swearengen

ianmcshane.jpg

Perfect fit for the older, lethal survivalist with an eye for a well groomed soup drainer.

Andrea:

Julie Benz. Currently Rita in Dexter

benz-lg.jpg

She's pretty sexy, with the kind of femininity that can go from vulnerable to unbreakable in an instant.

just a start. ;)

OH MY GOD, THESE ARE THE BEST CHOICES EVER. Someone make this man casting director. Carl should be Mcault Culkin.

Yes but this is AMC people, I can't imagine they will have the budget to cast names in all their roles. Think of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. They have John Slattery and Bryan Cranston and they're not really 'names', everyone else has been in stuff but its not as if their agents were in a tizzy of offers.

Besides, Julie Benz is doing something better with her time. :p

And while I normally appreciate Lena Headey and hell, a woman with a gun, she looks so bored in that image...

Mad Men and Breaking Bad have established them as a major studio now though. I dare say they can carry that weight in to a meeting with financiers and casting agents. I'd expect this to have a bigger 'name' cast than either.

to be honest though- TWD's strength is in the everyman nature of its cast. You don't need names at all. I'm just throwing about my fantasy cast :P

Wouldn't mind some Mad Men regulars actually. Not that they're not busy or anything..

Mad Men and Breaking Bad have established them as a major studio now though. I dare say they can carry that weight in to a meeting with financiers and casting agents. I'd expect this to have a bigger 'name' cast than either.

to be honest though- TWD's strength is in the everyman nature of its cast. You don't need names at all. I'm just throwing about my fantasy cast :P

Wouldn't mind some Mad Men regulars actually. Not that they're not busy or anything..

Yes but Mad Men and Breaking Bad were original stories, don't forget they'll have to be throwing more money into financing the project itself :p

Just finished reading issue #2 of Blackest Night, was ok but I think this is definately gonna work better as a trade so events flow together better. Plus my lack of knowledge of DC heroes is hurting me here, certain parts I just dont know whats going on.

Would looking at the list of Black Lantern Corps members that were shown in BL2 and BL: Batman help?

Black Lantern Corps # Prominent members

*Sigh*

Actually can't express how sick I'm getting of my comic shop owners bs. :( I rang up to see if he did get the uber Ultimates covers and he said he wasn't sure he could give me the Spider-Man one cos its 1in50 and said "Ill need to convince someone they didn't want it"

Even though I am ;

- The second customer they've ever had, and loyal.

- I was the first person to ask for the cover. Because I was the one who told him it existed.

He said he'll see what he can do though.

New Ultimate Spider-Man issue makes me grumble grumble:

So apparently now Peter and Gwen are together, dont like that at all. One thing I liked about the Ultimate Spider-Man series was that they'd done a good job on Gwen and her relationship with Peter, she was more of a sister to him. Now of course thats gone

I was okay with it, and I thought this issue was really good overall. Almost seemed a bit short though.

The red guy was interesting. Looked like The Hood? Who knows.

Yeah, good stuff.

Agree on Blackest Night too. It is WAY too heavily steeped in DC Universe as opposed to GL. But meh, still good. Not as good as the chilling first issue though.

And I LOVED Ultimate Avengers. Finally got Millar back, and it feels nice and blockbustery. The art is brilliant.

Oh jesus christ.

Please tell me Gwen isn't back in Ultimate Spidey? She died in Carnage for fucks sake, like years ago.

Admittedly, it was a bullshit decision to kill her off, when she was, at the time, one of the best characters. I assume this is some clone?

Oh jesus christ.

Please tell me Gwen isn't back in Ultimate Spidey? She died in Carnage for fucks sake, like years ago.

Admittedly, it was a bullshit decision to kill her off, when she was, at the time, one of the best characters. I assume this is some clone?

No no, its actually explained quite well. The skin/shrivelled shit was taken in by Shield and she re-awakened or something. As comic book death cop outs go it was more than tolerable.

No no, its actually explained quite well. The skin/shrivelled shit was taken in by Shield and she re-awakened or something. As comic book death cop outs go it was more than tolerable.

Oh fine.

I just loved her as a character. What I wished the girl who lived with me was like.

===

I adore how Matt Fraction writes realistic battle dialogue. No long monologues that make no sense in the sense of the time it would take to say them and what's going on in the page, just short sharp phrases.

Lorelei, being sucked in Cloak's Cloak "No No no-"

Cloak "Yes. Sorry."

That's perfect.

IGN: Blackest Night's Mastermind Revealed

Blackest Night Release Schedule

July 2009

Blackest Night 1

Green Lantern 43

Green Lantern 44

Green Lantern Corps 39

Tales of the Corps 1-3

August 2009