Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Its looking great ReZ :D (and you too of course ;))

Random time: I've just found out Sonic the Comic (we all know and love from our days as wee nippers) is still going...I just kinda presumed it stopped when I cancelled my subscription :p

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Its looking great ReZ :D (and you too of course ;))

Random time: I've just found out Sonic the Comic (we all know and love from our days as wee nippers) is still going...I just kinda presumed it stopped when I cancelled my subscription :p

Huh?

It's still going in an unofficial capacity online, but the Uk AMAZING series stopped years ago...

Cheers Dan and Ashley.

A) I adored Sonic The Comic. I used to draw my own series (one page of content, one front cover lol!) stapled together etc. Had nearly a hundred I think.

B) I think its new ish (replacement) but the front cover for the latest issue "Sonic Universe" is FUCKING sweet.

I loved that Sonic The Comic had a lovely atmosphere/continuity/storylines.

Plus Robotnik > Grimer.

I used to get the OLD "I Love To Read" Batman comics. Really young readers. That's all I read, efectively helping me learn to. From Batman, I jumped straight into Essential X-Men when I was 8.

Huge leap, but I loved the source material. I was astounded. It was the issue where Sabretooth escapes from the mansion, ripping Psylocke to shreds (all over Boom Boom), before going on a dark killing spree around New York.

From then on, I soon was just reading the proper comics (in "Collector Edition" form). Astonishing Spider-Man, Essential X-Men, Batman legends...some issues of others here and there.

Edited by Paj!

I have the money for Invincible Ultimate Collection Volume 1 sitting on my desk. However, that doesn't help as I have to buy it online. £15 on amazon is the best price, right?

I'll have to wait till next month, so I have enough for postage too. / I could just buy the second one too, and get free postage.

I still have the Sonic christmas tree "star" they gave out. By have, I mean I found it online and printed it off... vintage.

I'm going to take the plunge this week I think and get this semen producing Invincible. Now everyone seems to be far in and erections are near blowing up based on ReZ's and Dan's reactions :p, but is the beginning any good? Because I have a feeling if the first one isn't that great one of you will end up saying "It gets better later"

Yeah it starts off great. Not boner inducing, but frankly after you read issue 7 its unlikely you won't want to read any more.

Invincible #60

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Erm....mental. Like....jsesuse. I'm not even gonna write any spoilers, cos its too awesome, but theres one scene which is...well its not even PARTICULARLY important, but its amazingly well done. The whole thing is.

I want to read it again. I will do. Bought two copies too, one to frame. :bouncy:

9.5/10 (Changed my rating from 9.4 after thinking about it some more) definitely one of the best single issues of anything I've ever read.

-----------

Awesome! Ottley just posted this.

Oh, I just found out the 4th Hardcover is FINALLY at the printer, it's looking like May is the month. Later.

Ryan

Finally!

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

Issue 60 was absolutely brilliant, reading through that made me wish that Kirkman had been the one writing Secret Invasion

Rex is dead! But what a way to go I guess

Agreed. Thats one of the coolest types of those kinds of scenes ever.

I ADORED the Invincible/Angstrom scene. "KILL HIM" from Oliver. Amazing, and then he was about to do it...aaahhh so good, then he gets his arm!

*Cries its so good*

Ultimatum is sitting on my desk right here to be read. Dreading it.

God damn, Green Lantern Corps #34 was amazing.

Mongul RIPS OUT Arkillos tongue. Sick. And Vice is imprisoned on OA in the prisons....then he escapes. Oops.

Its amazing. It'll kick you for ten.

Its in Volume 2 of the soft TPBs, and volume 1 of the big hardcovers.

--------

MY EYES!

Ultimatum #3, sits with #2 as the worst comics I've ever read. Easily.

Easily one of the worst comics I've ever read.

Jeph Loeb clearly wants "THIS" to happen at the end of the book, and to get to "THIS" he will do things that make no sense whatsoever, and he will rape INTO THE GROUND the masterpiece work of Mark Millar on Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

Jeph Loeb can burn in hell, and I CANNOT UNDERSTAND how Marvel have let him take a shit on their Ultimate line.

Hes and idiot, Marvel are idiots for letting this happen, and I'm an idiot for paying $3.99 for this shit.

Yes I paid $3.99 for flimsy paper, and no extra pages, whereas Invincible 60 gave me extra pages, no adverts, good writing and artork and a four page fold out cover.

I feel a YouTube video coming on.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!