• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Nah I seriously don't think he will. Marvel are actually doing pretty awesomely at the moment. They seem to be realising that characters have to age, and develop so they are brining in a lot of younger characters, new characters and developing them.

Anyone else read Secret Warriors? Seriously that shit was badass.

Nah I seriously don't think he will. Marvel are actually doing pretty awesomely at the moment. They seem to be realising that characters have to age, and develop so they are brining in a lot of younger characters, new characters and developing them.

Except for Spider-Man, who they pretty much reset....and raped

Just read the latest issue of Deadpool. Soooo funny.

That was probably the funniest comic I've ever read actually, two bits made me piss myself, one literally hilarious. And the storys awesome. God I love Paco Medinas artwork.

Thunderbolts are on the last page and they look....so so so badass.

Deadpool sends Norman a hilarious fax.

Anyone use forbiddenplanet.co.uk before? Never bothered before but their hard cover prices are quite good so thought I might get some. Any idea on how long delivery takes?

From my experience Forbidden Planet have been great, pretty fast delivery, about 3-4 days, and as you said, they're prices are really good.

I have heard nothing but bad things about forbiddenplanet.co.uk - I personally have bought something and it never arrived, about 4 months later I got an email saying it was out of stock. Friends of mine have had similar experiences.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/ on the other hand is much better, they are actually 2 totally different companies. the .co.uk is the Forbidden Planet International (ironically) and personally I think they're shite.

On a completely unrelated note, Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon has silly lyrics in its opening song: "Looking up with no surprise, arriving in the speed of time". Speed of time? Wtf is that??

Gonna go into my comic shop tomorrow and try and fill the holes in issues that I need with Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men, along with any others I notice.

Might try and jump onto a few others, possibly Green Lantern and Superman. Anyone know which relatively new issues would be the best jump on points for those two?

Also any other suggestions on what might be worth jumping onto at the moment would be great.

If you can locate the one off special Final Crisis : Rage of the Red Lanterns that would be perfect. Green Lantern wise if you "Secret Origin" its good, but only available in tiny DC hardback which I think are a bit overpriced, if not then, good jumping on is #36 (I recommend Sinestro Corps aswell though, as somewhat essential)

75000bc8-c942-489c-9aa6-f192aef268f4.jpg

This website is amazing btw. Shows comics including all variant front covers.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Search.aspx

ReZ, have you read Watchmen?

Course he has

i get chills watching the trailer now =D

Yeah I have, and yeah Dom me too! I didn't even LOVE the graphic novel that much, I thought it was great but felt it was slightly dated, but still excellent, but yeah that trailer just looks ridiculously good, how its so perfect to the novel, and Rorshhaarrrkkskchhhs lines being bought to life....

God just awesome.

isn't Jean Grey finally dead? last I saw of her Magneto gave her a brain hemmorage. I know she's died about twenty times before but it felt like they really did kill her, what with cyclops getting his rocks off with Emma Frost n all.

ASAIK, she's fairly dead. That being that she will probs appear sporadically for a variety of reasons, like in the Phoenix Endsong and Warsong series.

Yeah I have, and yeah Dom me too! I didn't even LOVE the graphic novel that much, I thought it was great but felt it was slightly dated, but still excellent, but yeah that trailer just looks ridiculously good, how its so perfect to the novel, and Rorshhaarrrkkskchhhs lines being bought to life....

God just awesome.

gotta ask: how did you think it was dated? because it's....umm...not.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!