Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Animated Dark Knight Returns?

We know here at IGN that if there is one piece of entertainment all of us - editors and readers alike - cannot get enough of, it is the Caped Crusader. The latest rumblings from Hollywood have suggested yet another adaptation for Batman is in the works, this time in the form of everybody's favorite gritty author, Frank Miller.

Bleeding Cool has the scoop on these details, quoting that "multiple sources" are indicating that an all-new animated Batman adventure might be in the pipeline for Frank Miller and Klaus Janson's revered graphic novel, The Dark Knight Returns. The site references All-Star Superman and Year One as comparables for what might come to pass with this new iteration of Batman.

According to Bleeding Cool's sources, it seems that the project has caught the attention of Batman veterans everywhere, who are being recruited to help construct the ambitious project while the Dark Knight is so prominently at the forefront of the minds of audiences everywhere. No word has come regarding the full casting or any such thing at this time. We suspect this will be a direct-to-DVD and Blu-ray release, given the All Star Superman reference.

http://uk.bluray.ign.com/articles/116/1161993p1.html?RSSwhen2011-04-14_164600&RSSid=1161993&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fbluray+%28IGN+Blu-ray%29

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Been on a massive comic kick at the moment. Just for the first time read Batman: Year one and The Dark Knight Returns. I feel like a new man. Gonna move onto Long Halloween soon =D.

What I like about these stories is that they're short, not tending to drag on in the same bloated way you'd expect them to considering how long some superhero threads have been going. So, can anyone reccommend me any similarly shortish/excellent stories? I've read Superman: Red Son (and am downloading some Alan Moore Superman runs) but I WANT MOAR.

Isn't that Kirkman's series from before Walking Dead? I heard it wasn't too hot, but that was a few years ago. I'll give it a swing. Currently reading Rogan Gosh and some Grant Morrison comics.

Also; love the fact that in The Dark Knight Returns, the Batmobile is basically a tank. Lolocaust.

Isn't that Kirkman's series from before Walking Dead? I heard it wasn't too hot, but that was a few years ago. I'll give it a swing. Currently reading Rogan Gosh and some Grant Morrison comics.

Who told you that? Because they need a slap.

(But yeah it is Kirkmans. Although they started at the same time)

Well he said he was gonna do it soon, and Daft told him to do it NOW. Technically its accurate.

Also, it bears repeating, is where I was going with my posty.

Who is excited for this week?

Invincible

Super Dinosaur

GL

GLC

Shit loads of others stuff.

So I'm up to #35/40 for Walking Dead.

Sooooo good.

Just wait until you get to 48. :p

Don't recommend Invincible to Bard, ReZ, he mentioned he liked short things/things with an endpoint. :/

Invincible, obviously. (I recommend to everyone, disregarding whatever type of story they asked to be recommended).

eve·ry·one (vr-wn)

pron.

Every person; everybody. See Usage Notes at every, he1.

Walking Dead #48.

FUCK.

Jesus christ, Lori and the baby and everyone else. Carl and Rick on their own. The writer just makes everything change constantly, I'm distraught!

Yeah that issue is fucked up as hell. Although I was more upset about

Tyrese

personally.

Ellmeister, next you read Invincible, kae.

I knew the lady (michionne?) wasn't dead, they would have showed her brains being blown to bit if that had really happened :p Yeah Tyreese being killed was a big shock, he was like the second main character I think so to have him gone was a shock and then the deaths just kept piling on and on.

It seems like a good time for me to leave it for now as it is a new start/crisis for Rick and Carl and I have revision to do. I'm guessing the RV people manage to catch up to them and the coloured crazy lady. Her rape scenes were also fucked up.

Too good/distracting.

Also, is Invincible actually any good? Never heard of it before :p LOLJOKES

Also, is Invincible actually any good? Never heard of it before :p LOLJOKES

You make me sick.

Its written by the same guy.

Is amazing.

I think its many peoples on here "One of favourites". Its obviously my favourite (thing ever). We (generally) have got many people into it. The Peeps, Odwin, etc all love.

Its....just. Immenseness.

AND ISSUE 79 IS OUT TOMOZZZZZZ.

Marvel Unveils New Look for Ultimate Spider-Man, Hints at Character's Future

1303130250.jpg

Marvel has announced that after the shocking events of Death of Spider-Man, the sold out storyline currently running through Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics Avengers Vs Ultimates, there will be a new Spider-Man and a new character under the mask. Something’s happened to Peter Parker and here comes an all-new Spider-Man…in an all-new costume!

“We called this story Death of Spider-Man for a reason,” said Axel Alonso, Marvel Editor In Chief. “This is a huge story that’ll have fans around the world talking for a long time as we set the stage for the debut of our new Spider-Man.”

The Ultimate Universe is irrevocably changed with the conclusion to Death of Spider-Man in June’s polybagged Ultimate Spider-Man #160, but right now you can get in on the red-hot story that leads to the birth of an all-new Spider-Man, including new printings of the sold out issues

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31912

I wonder if this story is what was supposed to happen after Ultimatum. I remember reading a lot of interviews where they kept saying that it may not be Peter under the mask now and it would be a bit of a mystery but then when the series was relaunched, none of that happened. We were told straight away that Peter was fine and back being Spider-Man again.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!