Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

Just watched the Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam mini movie thing. It was pretty good, Captain Marvel is a character I keep meaning to read more of so it was nice to see an animated origin for him and Black Adam is always awesome. Its a shame it was only 23 minutes long but it'd be nice if that was just the first planned to test the waters with the character.

51zXnMdty4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Gonna watch that DC history dvd they released this year next, supposed to be good as well.

Just watching the Marvel press conference on next years event, "Fear Itself". Apparently its the Marvel Heroes Vs the God of Fear and its being done by Fraction and Immonen so should be good. 7 issues starting in April.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Who be the Dracula lookalike? and the guy left of Iron Man?... Bucky?

Believe that is Dracula' date=' and the guy next to Iron Man is Steve Rogers (the original Captain America) but Bucky is the new Captain America, so he is just "Steve Rogers" now, he leads the Secret Avengers now, basically super hero espionage spy action. Very cool.[/color']

Oh yeah I finished watching Secret Origin: The History of DC Comics. It was very good, gave a lot of nice insight into the changes DC has gone through over the years and it was nice to see positive mentions of Marvel from time to time. Only thing I found a shame was that the Modern Age of comics didnt get covered for as long as the others, I know its the one we all know the most about anyway but its still interesting to see it talked about. Id recommend anyone with an interest in DC to give it a watch.

Id disagree with the New Avengers review, I like these downtime issues and I thought the search for the new nanny was pretty good though. As usual though I do agree with you about Bendis' writing getting annoying.

Yeah I might have been a little harsh. I mean...I do like these issues...but its like...I guess the thing that annoys me, is that we had a 6 issue arc that had pretty much nothing happen/.....EASILY could have been done in 4 issues, and it just seems like this issue could have been merged with one of them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!