• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

I got the Paperback Volume 1 as Forbidden Planet didn't have the HUGE Ultimate Collection in. I'm sure I'll grab Volume 2 by the end of the week as well.

I've now got quite a few comics to get - Vol 3 and 4 of the Age of Apocalypse, Scott Pilgrim Vol 4 (and Vol 5 when it's out in Feb), I'm getting Buffy season 8 and Angel ATF every month along with the new Umbrella Academy and now I'll be getting Invincible whenever I can.

Avengers? I've always been a bit unsure about them as a kind of 'greatest hits' of Marvel Heroes but I just realised that I basically love some of the members. It's a shame Cap died as, despite the hammy name and the like I realised that he's a wicked character at heart in everything I've read of him.

That would be DC's Justice League. Avengers are very much their own entity. Each characters solo adventures (back in the day I read Avengers) kinda took second place to group commitments, rather than the other way round. It felt to me.

avengers.gif

(Just cause I love this pic)

what I never understood with The Avengers is basically this:

why the fuck does a God need team mates? I've always thought Thor would just fuck everyone's shit up faster than even the most powerful Avengers like Hulk or Iron Man ever could

Well at the time thor is still weak when he joined, he hadn't got all his godly powers back. He's also not the strongest god either. But he is the strongest out of the avengers, but seriously, can you see thor relating to humans? at all? thats why he's in a team like the avengers really. I always saw cap as fulfilling the hole created by thor/hulk in terms of conveying emotions. In the earlier comics (don't know if it still applies) he used to get angry fast, and iron man/wasp would calm him down :P

And from 300 issue thor onwards his bones woudl never heal if they broke :(

why the fuck does a God need team mates? I've always thought Thor would just fuck everyone's shit up faster than even the most powerful Avengers like Hulk or Iron Man ever could

What everyone else said, basically. Gives him a place to fit in, plus they are more effective in large numbers etc.

He can be beaten. Rogue wasted him back in the day, using Ms.Marvel's powers (much weaker strength/durability than he has, plus she had no experience with them) and her mutant power. I loved that storyline.

WhatIf_66_03.jpg

Seriously though Pash. Buy Invincible. I don't want no excuses. Fuck/off.

Can you just send me a non-precious copy of them or something? (If you have something of the sort)

I can't look at 20 quid or however much it is.

Can you just send me a non-precious copy of them or something? (If you have something of the sort)

I can't look at 20 quid or however much it is.

I have Aquafires TPBs, but I'm pretty sure its just the later ones, and not the first ones. I'll check though, but if so then I'll happily send them,....along with the Christmas cards for you and Chair I never got round to sending, lol.

If not I would suggest you buy the ones up until I have, and I'll lend you the rest. Doooo eeeetttt. Or rather Aqua will. He wont mind/have a choice haha.

I got the second Invincible Ultimate Collection and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. The first collection was full of twists and surprises and it really kept me on my toes, but after 13 more issues I felt like nothing really happened... and so far Invincible doesn't seem very invincible at all :/ everyone he seems to fight bloodies the crap out of him. I didn't dislike it by any means, I kept reading and smiled along the way, I was just expecting a bit more after the first bundle.

I got the second Invincible Ultimate Collection and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. The first collection was full of twists and surprises and it really kept me on my toes, but after 13 more issues I felt like nothing really happened... and so far Invincible doesn't seem very invincible at all :/ everyone he seems to fight bloodies the crap out of him. I didn't dislike it by any means, I kept reading and smiled along the way, I was just expecting a bit more after the first bundle.

Volume 2 is kind of a setup volume for future issues. Volume 3 is by FAR the best out of the first three, and Volume 4 will be a mix of setup and awesomeness, then Volume 5 (whenever the heck it comes out) will be AMAZING.

I'd suggest you buy Vol 3 asap.

You won't be disapointed by the other criticisms you stated either.

Volume 2 is kind of a setup volume for future issues. Volume 3 is by FAR the best out of the first three, and Volume 4 will be a mix of setup and awesomeness, then Volume 5 (whenever the heck it comes out) will be AMAZING.

I'd suggest you buy Vol 3 asap.

You won't be disapointed by the other criticisms you stated either.

What happens in 3? i cannae remember...

@ shorty, whats the point in having a character that can never get beaten up? It would be like nothings worth him fighting

i remembered what happened in 3 heh, it is awesome.

@ shorty, whats the point in having a character that can never get beaten up? It would be like nothings worth him fighting
Well I like Superman so... :heh: - but I didn't really mean never get beaten up, it's just that it's like we have to take it for granted that he wins most of the time, but you don't see that. We saw him get smashed up and covered in blood more often than we saw him emerge victorious, it would just be nice to see him kick some ass :D

I'll get the 3rd volume later this month as a self-gift after my exams.

So I've finally read the Invincible Vol 1 - Family Matters last night and loved it.

Some thoughts:

I adore the concept and the story, I like how Mark knows his powers are coming so it gets straight into the action. The characters I've met so far are great. The art is really good, I love the line and inking work, however I did notice some images being reused which is a small pet hate of mine (I'd rather have the image redrawn again with every imperfection). The panel composition is pretty plain and not really exciting.

Overall I'm really excited about reading Vol 2 because right now the story has me gripped.

• 2 weeks later...

Dy'wanna spoiler tag that? Good thing I didn't read it.

Just read the issue. Or rather I skipped the shit bits, so I read the first page, then skipped to the Batman stuff. Pretty good. He'll be back though. Even if its pseudo-Bruce Wayne, like whats been happening in RIP aftermath maybe that might have something to do with it.

Invincible #58 was such an impressive issue. It had like 16+ panels per double page. 7 different story elements/closures/setups. It was just amazing. And the last panel is incredibly pimp.

9.4/10 two issues to go!!!!!!!!!

The Walking Dead #57

Sick.

9.4/10

Why two issues? and how was the wolfman team up?

Two issues till issue 60 mega spectacular awesome super fest.

Wolf-man team up was excellent IMO. It was kinda more of a Wolf-Man story (which is good though) and its good to establish their relationship, and yeah, just as a team up it wasn't a pointless thing *CoughWOLVIESPIDEY*Cough* it was completely natural for both comics and very well executed.

Right, and thats gonna happen becaaause? if it does, it'll be

Angstrom

lol at the final crisis, batman seemingly killing darksied and then semmingly dying. He shot him in the shoulder bit, and supes didn't see batman die, only found his 'corpse' if he is dead i;ll be suprised, this seems to be one big bang before bruce hangs his cape up.

Right, and thats gonna happen becaaause? if it does, it'll be
Angstrom

Unfortunately in the blurb that was released when they showed the artwork they did say what it was regarding.

And it is indeed Angstrom, and if you want bigger spoilers, which they put in there ;

Angstrom is gathering evil Invincibles from different universes, and attacking the main Invincible universe with his army of them.

Which should be....erm pretty sick.

lol at the final crisis, batman seemingly killing darksied and then semmingly dying. He shot him in the shoulder bit, and supes didn't see batman die, only found his 'corpse' if he is dead i;ll be suprised, this seems to be one big bang before bruce hangs his cape up.

Word. I'm pretty sure thats his body though. But yeah. DC will never kill Bruce Wayne. Thats effectively a fact. He will most certainly be back at some point, in some way, shape or form.

AAMMGGGZZZZ.

Everyone should read Green Lantern. That was amazing.

The Blue Lanterns revealed that they want Hal Jordan to lead them as a Blue Lantern, KNEW IT! But hes not exactly warming to the Blue Lanterns, so we'll see. Other cool stuff happened, then the end was amazing, seeing fear in Sinestro was scary. Atrocitus found out the only way to make Sinestro feel fear.....he found out about....Sinestros DAUGHTER!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::yay: :yay: :bowdown:

9.5/10

"Morrison, who wrote one of the "final" Batman stories in Batman R.I.P., stated, "First it's R.I.P., and we'll see how that winds up for Batman. Then the two-parter mentioned (Batman #682-683) goes through Batman's whole career, in a big summing up of everything that also ties directly into Final Crisis. And Final Crisis is where we see the final fate of Batman."

=[

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!