• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

This whole Avengers Academy thing feels so 90's and uninteresting. Though I don't know much behind the concept, I'd prefer they used existing heroes that would need training in order to become Avengers in the future...

Got to say im really looking forward to reading both Marvel and DC this year after both of their events finish, probably Marvel a bit more though.

The Brightest Day year long and seeing who comes back after Blackest Night for DC and for Marvel im really interested in reading these new Avengers titles but moreso the whole "Heroic Age" thing looks really promising. Theres also that 2010 is the year of Spider-Man thing that been advertised, I just hope the images of him and MJ in a wedding dress arent just a tease but an actual link to the Mephisto crap that could maybe get fixed.

That'd be cool.

Not really digging the last set of reveals but if anyone had told me back in the day that hardball, komodo, cloud 9 or 3D Man could form the basis for a compelling character ensemble based on design sketches or whatever, I'd have called them a crack smoking hobo motherfucker. I'd have been deeply wrong. and don't get me started on Johnny Guitar.

Gage is the tits at this job, so he can use, invent, fabricate and press gang absolutely anyone in the MU and can probably form a pretty solid drama. Looking forward to this series almost as much as the 'main' titles.

That might well be Kate Bishop's new look. She needs one, after all.

Hazmat is awesome. Love that suit long time. I just really hope she's not Japanese...

edit: When is 'returns out, Rez?

Its not solicited for this Wednesday, so I would assume its next week. But to assume would make an ass out of u and me.

Kirkman twittered last night to say it's now at the printers, so I'd assume 25th

Oh god 34 pages of win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------

Check out my Savage Dragon. Just going to copy and paste from another forum, can't be bothered to edit.

Right off the bat, I think I did a pretty good job! Maybe apart from the eyes. But they're still good I think...it looks like he's looking down on some scum criminal on the floor, looking all empowering.

Savage_Dragon_Heroclix_by_ReZourceman.jpg

Oh and I accidentally took a video, and when I realised it was a video I just roled with it. (Didn't know I could take Super Macro Videos on my camera)

Fin - Despero

Head - Silver Surfer

Torso - Grey Gargoyle (I love this torso, very defined pecks)

Legs - Street Thug

Arms - Can't remember. A Mutant I think.

All comments welcome!

Edited by Dan_Dare

Awesome paintwork, but something just sticks out for me... I'm not sure if the body is too small or the arms are too big.

What was your painting technique?

Its probably his arms, BUT they are meant to be big (so it was intentional)

dragon1.jpg

1141949_f520.jpg

My painting technique.

I don't really tend to dry brush. Anyway, I usually base a dark version of the bottom colour, so on this guy dark green, then I literally just built up the highlights, so getting lighter and lighter (and slightly different colour itself, so this guy went from green to limeish green) each hilight getting smaller and smaller.

I think this guy had about 7 hilights. Its lobotomous (spelling?) but the results are what make it all worth it. If you want I can find a good link to a modding and painting thread, that some guy did. In fact here it is, worth a read.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271048

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!