NEurope

Brightest aftermath not written by Johns? Weird, also i'm calling it on being deadman

What (the) White Lantern? Hope so. I can't believe I like Deadman now. And Aquaman. I hate Geoff Johns. :p

I am HOPING for comic delivery today, but I'm not sure if he can always do Tuesdays.

No I don't think it'll be deadman (although...maybe) It ma be deadman warning everyone, and everyone hates deadman because he killed the twelve.

Savage Dragon is so disturbing sometimes.

Upkirts of a 10 year old girl, full knickers in view......what?

Then a 38/39 year old red alien midget falling in love with the (now 11/12) year old girl?

Disturbing. Also I just went through his political period, about 10 issues which got his opinion on the American politics at the time, - over quite nicely. :p

Still its on an upswing and starting to get good/really good/fun/unique again. I'm on 128, and so from 75-115 ish its been okay/interesting, but definitely getting better again. Worth sticking with.

so Invincible did come out this week (Yay!)

good issue, nice game-changer at the end, but apart from that not much happened

Finally....upto 140 of Savage Dragon and finally the lettering is good, and FINALLY the colouring is really good, so its a lot better now. And the storyline continues its upswing. :D

--------

Vince; Oh snap. Several smaller reveals. Damn. Hope it ramps up now though. Been a quiet couple of issues really. I also hope its not delayed (because I don't see how this one was tbh)

holy shit Batman Inc #4 is out next week! No more quarterly (for now!)

And vol 6 HC of Invincible as well (oh and the yanks get 78 a week after us ;) )

Thanks for the head up. Need to actually get on and read #3.

#3 just got decarded in my household.

Daft - please catch up on Invincible. I'll love you forever (I do and will anyway) but even more if!

Honestly, I really want to. I'll find a way. Somehow.

Anyone know what issue Batman Beyond is on? I got #1 but that seems like a while ago and I swear I had more. (I mean the ongoing one, not the 6 issue arc.)

Upto Savage Dragon 155 now, good stuff.

And...

J.K. Simmons Confirms He’ll Voice JJJ In Ultimate Spider-Man

Although J.K. Simmons won’t be reprising his role as J. Jonah Jameson in director Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man, the veteran actor isn’t finished with the short-tempered newspaper editor just yet.

He confirms to ComingSoon that he’s providing the voice of the crusty character in Ultimate Spider-Man, the animated series set to debut this fall on Disney XD.

“Yeah, I just started doing that,†Simmons says. “I don’t know when the show’s gonna be out, but yeah, J.J.J. lives on in my career at least (laughs) for a while with the new cartoon show, yeah.â€

Officially announced last April, Ultimate Spider-Man boasts an impressive creative team that includes Brian Michael Bendis, Paul Dini, Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly and Steven T. Seagle. The cartoon has its roots in the long-running Marvel comic series of the same name, launched in 2000 by Bendis and Mark Bagley.

In the interview, which focuses on Simmons’ new film The Music Never Stopped, the actor also discusses his disappointment upon learning he wouldn’t be returning to the big screen as Jameson, a part he played with gusto in director Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy.

“I was at Sam’s birthday party, and we were talking about story ideas for J.J.J., and then six weeks later, they pulled the rug out from under all of us,†he said. “So, yeah, I wish the new people all the best with it, but I sorta felt like those films were iconic, and Sam was such a great director for that — I’m finding myself using the word franchise, which I hate — but it was a big disappointment that we weren’t going to get to play again because those were just really, really fun.â€

The character apparently doesn’t appear in The Amazing Spider-Man, but who knows, maybe there will be room for Jameson, and Simmons, in the sequel.

The flash is ending with issue 12

::shrug:

Why? for flash point? how pointless

Apparently to make room for all the Flashpoint spin off stuff a lot of the low reader books have been cancelled, people do not seem happy as you would imagine.

This run of Ultimate Avengers is so fucking cool. Millar smashes it.

And seriously...how fast is Yu?!

Anyone read Ultimate Spider-Man #155 last week then? It was probably one of my favourite issues in a while, only one real problem moment with the art and that was

Him drawing Mary Jane like a young version of her 616 self, dont see the point in that at all.

Also this is typical evil comics, giving Spidey everything he wants right before the big event.

Also, Samnee apparently drew the Spider on Spider-Mans chest upside down for most of the issue.

Yeah those two most recent issues were great. I fucking rejoiced at the end with that "Next issue!" cover by Bagley. Can't wait. Proper Ultimate Spidey. Back when it was good. :p

and yet the picture you post shows the writer as Fred Van Lente? :)

I see Greg Rucka will be taking over on Punisher, think I'll be picking that up

Hmm, never caught punisher before, even with Rucka i don't think i'll continue.

Waid with Daredevil on the other hand? COUNT ME IN

Also, anyone read X force 5.1

Did scott and magneto figure out x force is still around? or are they referring to the reavers?

I've got it here to read, so will do so (probably tomorrow) and report back. I don't get these .1's though....this one and the Deadpool one "Great jumping on points!" ....so why are they following part 1 of a new arc? :/

Anyway.

I finally caught up on Savage Dragon. The most recent issues are certainly crazy stuff and I'm interested to see where it will go from here. I still think my favourite chunk is 1-75 though. But (particularly Virus) from 145-169 is awesome/its cool.

burnparty.jpg

Jesus fucking amazing Christ. Okay, calm down. I don't want to over hype it. It wasn't THAT good, but part 1 and 2 of War of The Green Lanterns is REALLY AWESOME.

The usual kind of Geoff Johns "awesome" developments, and one mildly major occurence in part 2.

Awewwweesssommeeee.

But but comics don't come out until today :( lucky bastard, still i'll hopefully be reading them tonight.

Also, bendis does how many titles a month?

Scarlet

Avengers

New Avengers

Moon Knight

Ultimate Spider-man

Takio GN

now brilliant? maybe another GN? how does he sleep? Its worse than Nick Spencer...