NEurope

Spreading the love for All Star Superman, not the dvd, the maxiseries, I wish Morrison would write him monthly.

Rez, That walking dead one, i think carl will die...

Edited by DomJcg

Rez, That walking dead one, i think carl will die...

A) Spoiler that tbh, there are quite a few readers. (I know its only a theory but still)

B) Although the cover seems to imply that,....I don't think it'll happen. Perhaps a large cull of some of the LONG time characters - Glenn, one of his best friends from the beginning really. Perhamapapdasa.

Who's getting Carbon Grey next week?

550w_comics_carbon_grey.jpg

Also I just bought Uncanny X-Force from ebay now, not waiting for comic shop anymore. Got issue 1 and put a bid in for (1-4) (and watching a back up in case I don't win that one)

ALSO

I sent in a photo of Tetley and Jean Grey many weeks ago, hopefully they will be in next weeks Chew. :p

TotalRecall01-Cov-Robertson-TEMP.jpg

AHHHH GL EMERALD WARRIORS OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED TRAILER

Looks so much fucking better than shitty first flight!

As I mentioned on Facebook, I found that a really weird trailer where I just didnt know what was going on and the only reason i still want to even see it is because its comic stuff.

So yeh... probably thee best spiderman issue i've ever read and yes i've read stan lee's run and beyond that.

It was just so amazing.

Seriously his parents faces and gwen's body are just haunting images

I nearly managed to name every character in that double page spread too, damn.

Also! Double dose of Spidey

The talk with franklin was just superb

I understood the need for more muted colours and art in the latest ASM issue but all that really did was remind me of all those issues pre Big Time which I hated so I didnt really enjoy it.

You didn't like it? BND by the middle (post 580ish) was getting really good when it got established. This issue's art I just really enjoyed it.

Did you read the avengers 10? The art in that was just shocking

Ive had major issues with Spider-Man since BND, ones that did die down for a while until OMIT. I only really liked a few arcs and they were American Son and New Ways to Die. Other than those I didnt enjoy the stories and as I mentioned, I found the art around Gauntlet time bland and colourless, something which I didnt like at all.

Yeah I read Avengers #10, the art certainly was weird. Some parts if I remember right actually had me wondering if they were going back to a 60s style for some reason.

New Teen Titans was quite good, linking in with Red Robin although even thats art was a bit off, especially drawing them a bit too young.

Ordered myself yet another new trade, I would say im weak but I am in a very Superman mood at the moment and I did enjoy this story, despite not being a fan of Christopher Reeve drawn as Superman.

14878004x.jpg

I wonder whose idea it was to adapt Jane Austen into Marvel Comics. So random.

But they seem to be selling...? (to who?)

Have any of you guys been reading DC Universe Legacies? Im really enjoying it so far, its kind of like DC's version of Marvels with their history being told through the eyes of a normal guy.

Huh, ive just been re-reading Blackest Night and noticed something interesting that foreshadowed whats happening now in Green Lantern:

At the end of Blackest Night when the Indigo Tribe take Black Hand back to their planet they start talking in their own language again, they mention a few names and one of them is Krona. I never noticed it before but that was probably a hint at who was going to be stealing all the entities later.

Have any of you guys been reading DC Universe Legacies? Im really enjoying it so far, its kind of like DC's version of Marvels with their history being told through the eyes of a normal guy.

I've been reading Legacies, mainly to get a background on the DC Universe.

It's been a really good series, and made me want to try and get a few of the older stories that have came up in the series

====

Final issue of Joe the Barbarian comes out this week. Damn weird book from Grant Morrison (goes without saying) but it's been great and I can't wait to see how it's going to end

Finally got around to watching All Star Superman, didnt really like it. I think its a mixture of not being a big fan of silver age Superman and the terrible pacing ReZ mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also Superman is a bit of a dick throughout most of the movie, especially:

During the prison scene when Parasite is attacking. He basically lets a whole load of people die just to cover up his secret identity. At one point even freezing a load of inmates who are promptly killed by Parasite.

One thing I will say about the movie though is that it was a good version of Lex Luthor.

I just seem to find it really hard to get into Image titles these days, if they dont grab me straight away like Invincible, Walking Dead and Morning Glories then I just dont stick with it. I would have added Astounding Wolf-Man to that list but I was so disapointed by the ending and constant delays that it kind of ruined it for me.

with Image I'm more likely to give random books a try

Who Is Jake Ellis? is only a couple of issues old and it's been good so far.

Infinite Vacation which has only had 1 issue so far was also good

Bulletproof Coffin which was a miniseries that recently finished which was weird but good

plus there's the ongoing fare that I get of:

Mice Templar (love Oeming, even though he's not on the art any more)

Proof (now being done in mini-series runs)

Chew

Savage Dragon (and any side projects that Larsen does, look out for Herculian this week)

Cowboy Ninja Viking (this seems to be on hiatus for now)

and all the Kirkman books

with Image I'm more likely to give random books a try

Who Is Jake Ellis? is only a couple of issues old and it's been good so far.

Infinite Vacation which has only had 1 issue so far was also good

Bulletproof Coffin which was a miniseries that recently finished which was weird but good

plus there's the ongoing fare that I get of:

Mice Templar (love Oeming, even though he's not on the art any more)

Proof (now being done in mini-series runs)

Chew

Savage Dragon (and any side projects that Larsen does, look out for Herculian this week)

Cowboy Ninja Viking (this seems to be on hiatus for now)

and all the Kirkman books

Have you tried Morning Glories yet?