NEurope

Telltale Games have announced The Walking Dead AND Fables (Vertigo) games.

Today, Telltale Games is announcing an exclusive worldwide publishing agreement with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to develop video games for the comic book series Fables, and an exclusive worldwide agreement to develop and publish a series of videogames based on the AMC cable network’s zombie hit “The Walking Dead.”

Fables will be interesting to see what it turns out to be like

I suppose i should help the unfortunates in the world. Myxss may never be back up if i'm being honest, so i found a potentially better place (avoiding certain words) message me if you desire to join in on the fun.

Loving Dan Slott, Thor and Brightest Day (anyone read JL:GL? its amazing)

May as well see which new site you are using then. Most of us are actually already using a new one while we waited for Myxss's return, I think it was just Paj who didnt have the address (and for some reason didnt bother to just ask until now unlike the rest of us).

I tried starting Generation lost but its not a group of characters ive ever really liked so I didnt get much past the first issue. Brightest Day I do read but I think its been a bit hit and miss with its stories. Dan Slott on Spider-Man I am enjoying but I cant say its perfect.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how come you havent posted in so long Dom?

HOLY SHIT ITS DOM!?!

I watched All-Star Superman./

I havn't read it, but it doesn't translate to a movie very well at all.

I havent watched it yet but ive read that it tries to tell too many of the stories from the issues, some of which feel like they could be a movie all on their own.

Well it's a long story that all started with a letter. Over a year ago I received a letter from my university congratulating me on my marks and wanting me to continue to do well. I then handed in my next essay feeling very confident and pleased with myself. Unfortunately I got a 42. Ouch. I basically decided then and there that things weren't working the way they were. So I decided to change. This unfortunately was one of the things that I didn't have time for (sorry guys!). Since then I have achieved a lot:

Achieved a 2:1 for my second year, despite the 42 mark.

Was forced by one of my housemates to leave my house, effectively I did not have a house during second year exams.

On track for a high 2:1 for my degree.

Visited the Houses of Parliament.

Campaigned in the general election.

Starting to learn Italian to travel to italy.

Got a well paid job while at uni.

Am moving up to Carlisle come sept to start a pgce course in citizenship.

Am moving up there with my girlfriend who is doing the same course but in English.

Hence, I hope you understand my lack of commenting :)

To keep on topic, my favourite series at the moment

ASM - great but the writing is a tad on the immature side

Secret Warriors- nearing the end, tension is amazing

FF - Maybe I just love Hickman

JL:GL - didn't know any of the characters but I really enjoy it :)

Green Lantern - The universe building has to be seen to be believed

X-force - This latest issue was possibly one of the best of the year past.

What is everyone elses?

A) Congrats dude, that is awesome.

B) Good to have you back.

C) There is an ongoing saga between me and X-Force. I'm annoyed essentially. I (on the off hand) asked my local store if he had it in (Issues 1-2 at that point) he said he did and that he had put them aside for me. Since then he has "lost" them and my constanct asking to get them in have been fruitless. He is way beyond useless sometimes, as in costs me money for missing out on stuff. :/ But basically - I am fucking itching to read it.

D) You accidentally left off Invincible from your list.

My favourites. In pretty much order;

1) Invincible - Amazing artwork, ridiculously cool story, awesome fights, cool developments.

2) Green Lantern (Universe, encompassing EW and GLC) - Amazing artwork, insanely cool fights and visually impressive, incredibly threatening and awesome villains, cool progression, building threats, the whole design. "Lanterns"....just...ugh. So good.

3) Amazing Spider-Man - Dan Slott is king.

Others not in order as I cannot decide but;

Chew, Avengers, Thunderbolts, Avengers Academy, The Walking Dead, (Trades/not ongoing - The Boys, Dynamo 5)

I must join in with the JL:GL love, I didn't know any of the characters apart from Booster Gold, but for my money it's been better overall than Brightest Day!

Well glad to see you back Dom.

At the moment my favourite series are:

Batgirl - A nice change from the usual doom and gloom of the Bat universe and some brilliant team up issues.

Avengers - First arc I wasnt that impressed with but im enjoying the Infinity Gems stuff and JRJR has a much better team working with him now.

Ultimate Spider-Man - I think the Cameleon arc felt much more like the old USM and im liking this new Superhero training Peter is getting.

Spider-girl - Interesting series with a character I never really followed before this.

Teen Titans - Been a bit of a weird one of the past year or so but it seems to be going back to more of how it was when Geoff Johns relaunched it which can only be a good thing. Plus Damian is there now which is always interesting.

A) Congrats dude, that is awesome.

B) Good to have you back.

Chew, Avengers, Thunderbolts, Avengers Academy, The Walking Dead, (Trades/not ongoing - The Boys, Dynamo 5)

Thank you, it's good to be back, now watch as my posts rise and fall with deadlines!

As for invincible, i would tout it's love more if it appeared in front of me more :)

Get a hold of X-force, its sublime! I had somehow forgotten Thunderbolts and AA both are examples of writers at the top of their game. Also Doug Manke (I think thats right...) is absolute class.

Whose waiting for Fear itself to hit?

Fear Itself is a weird one for me, its just not on my radar at all. Im sure i'll enjoy it while its happening but for now I dont really care.

My favourite books at the moment are (in no particular order)

Chew - love the art and the writing so far has been great, although I'm a bit skeptical about the outer space storyline

Savage Dragon - the last year on this book has been amazing

main character killed off for good!

Walking Dead - Looks like we're heading for another character clear out :)

Secret Six - Gail Simone is on fire at the moment with her writing on this and Birds of Prey (have been a little disappointed with the current crossover issues though). The arc with Catman going after his kid was one of the best of last year imo

Deadpool - after a few mis-steps after the quality X-Men arc, this was back on form with the Vampire storyline

I need to catch up on Savage Dragon! I'm about 35 issues short of a full run *or so now* and I've read upto 120 ish.

Although Image Comics/the front cover of the latest issue pretty much ruined the thing that happens. Well because Image Comics website spelled it out as a headline lol.

And Dom, I really am desperate to hit X-Force. Remender is fucking kind.

And yeah, Doug Manhke is INCREDIBLE. Highly detailed AND crisp lines, a rarish combination.

I'm also loving Haunt which is getting amazing.

http://www.the-gutters.com/

If you haven't seen this by now, you really need to. It's a web comic about comics, the best part of it is that it keeps its finger on the pulse, if something big happens in the comic world their on it.

Well yeah but if you'd been reading the comics or reading his messageboards it was obvious what was coming. He got a lot of positive responses for going ahead with it though :)

Lots of love was coming his way on Twitter

I'm still trying to read through the old stuff, only got it through that site we used to use ;)

But my pc has been out of order and only got to the mid 20s so far iirc

http://www.the-gutters.com/

If you haven't seen this by now, you really need to. It's a web comic about comics, the best part of it is that it keeps its finger on the pulse, if something big happens in the comic world their on it.

*Reads from beginning*

Post your favourite one too Rez!

gmac, my only experience of SS was the crossover with action comics, they seemed pretty fun, is the rest of it like that?

Well yeah but if you'd been reading the comics or reading his messageboards it was obvious what was coming. He got a lot of positive responses for going ahead with it though :)

Lots of love was coming his way on Twitter

I'm still trying to read through the old stuff, only got it through that site we used to use ;)

But my pc has been out of order and only got to the mid 20s so far iirc

1-75 are just...bloody amazing (especially for their time). 76-100 ish are head scratchy/don't like tbh, but its building and getting better again at 110-120 ish. Can't wait to catch up.