NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

The Anti-LOL Campaign

Let me know who that dickhead is and I'll kick his ass for you, buddy.

Cheers bud but you might find it hard to kick your own ass :kiss:

Smilies at the end of hostile posts add a touch of sarcasm. Plus they enable your post to take more than one meaning at times.

I know, that's why i find them so funny. You have no idea if the other guy is serious and wants to eat you raw or just kidding :smile:

#1cubeplayer cool it. You too JonSt.

Any more flaming or useless spamming (although this really is quite a stupid thread heh) i will lock this thread.

Just a warning.

I use "lol" to indicate a minor amusement, in "the real world" its a small passage of air through the nose. Not a laugh but a sign of amusement. Its lost its original meaning and gained a new one, like the word "gay".

lol has stolen people's laughter.

I prefer haha much more.

I agree lol is wearing out its welcome (or has), but I do find 'haha' to be slightly, well, offensive, in some situations.

Chantel - hey

Candice - sup lol

Chantel - lol, watcha doin

Candice - lol, filin me nails only i fink i broke 1 of dem lol

Chantel - lol!!!

Candice - lol!!

Chantel - lol

Candice - lol

Chantel - lol

Candice - i no lol

Chantel - lol

Candice - lol anywayz gots to go, luvs ya lol

Chantel - lol bi xXx lol

Candice - lol

Chantel lol

#1cubeplayer cool it. You too JonSt.

Any more flaming or useless spamming (although this really is quite a stupid thread heh) i will lock this thread.

Just a warning.

Sorry, Jordan. I honestly thought JonSt was my friend. I mean, I even put smilies at the end of my posts. Oh well.

The scary thing is that some people actually DO giggle as much as their 'lol's imply.

Sorry, Jordan. I honestly thought JonSt was my friend. I mean, I even put smilies at the end of my posts. Oh well.

JonSt is your friend, but even friends have disagreements

man just watched saw, that is some fucked up shit.

I pronounce lol by saying each letter individually, and I know of other people who say it this way, but then for the lollerskates to make sense you really have to pronounce it like a proper word. How do you guys say it?

I always think of it (I don't say it out loud, only say it inside my head) as being a word. Probably has to do with the fact that it's a word in Dutch (and me speaking Dutch and all that).

I just really really don't like "lol"... it's always sort of annoyed me, especially when it's being over-used or just being used when it's like, not needed.

I'll just stick to stuff like "heh", "hahaha", "hehehe" or just some smileys. They work fine.

I always think of it (I don't say it out loud, only say it inside my head) as being a word. Probably has to do with the fact that it's a word in Dutch (and me speaking Dutch and all that).

I was just thinking of posting that, damn you! :heh:

Yeah, 'lol' is Dutch for fun or amusement... which is a really strange coincidence if you think about it... :)

I think i have used the word "lol" once in my life, and it made me feel so dirty that i ran off and showered immediately.

I do agree that people who use lol as some kind of pseudo punctuation mark deserve to have a finger broken everytime they do so.

I think i have used the word "lol" once in my life, and it made me feel so dirty that i ran off and showered immediately.

I do agree that people who use lol as some kind of pseudo punctuation mark deserve to have a finger broken everytime they do so.

But Hank, what will happen if they never learn, and run out of fingers, whats next?

But Hank, what will happen if they never learn, and run out of fingers, whats next?

Toes and/or penis. If those run out.... ribs.

They can't type anymore. Problem solved.

I was watching my friend play WoW the other day — yes, I'm that cool — and he kept on using 'lol' when his actual facial expression didn't change an iota. But that's nothing to the time he actually said it when someone told a joke. He was ashamed, and rightly so.

I don't use 'lol' as it's just so cheap. To me it reads like, "I don't want to write a proper response, so I'll just whack ol' faithful in at the end here." I know not everyone uses it in such a way, but still... I don't like it.

Dieter has no faith in the project clearly:

lolornot3eb.jpg

LAUGHING OUT LOUD

I don't think I use LOL often. I prefer to use smilies and hahaha's and heeheehee's. Or even *laughs out loud*. My friends all use lol's and rofl's on MSN, this is from a couple of e-mails I got from a friend:

1. ill just add you cus ive got ure email addy now lol, im rarely on msn tbh but well talk when i am on lol

2. sorry its taken so long to reply to ure emails, like i said i hardly ever check them lol. i get so much junk mail i can never be bothered, so my email addy wasnt a joke lol, its just i never check my emails lol

5 lol's in there. 5! 0 in mine. Plus there's the you're without the y and o. I think I'll join. ;)

Sign in to follow this