NEurope
conzer16

2007 Rugby World Cup

Into the slightly bulkier, more muscle-bound breed aye?

I prefer to call them "beefy fellas", Me and Motion have a thing for them.

Proud of our lads. 100% proud of them, they gave their all without backing down until the final whistle and in the end we were beaten by a better side. South Africa fully deserve the win as you've all said. Their lineout really is the best in the world, as is their back row. The TMO decision for the try was very dodgy but never mind, you win some you lose some. Big shame but as I said, at least we didn't disgrace ourselves (unlike many other countries this competition). Far from it. The team's motto has been Shock The World for the past year given our last four years. Certainly did that.

Right...speaking for other people now are you? I would rather hear from them if they think it's annoying than someone speaking for other people.

Ok, your comment annoyed me, but never mind.

I LOL'd when the guy ran on the pitch purely because it puts motion's bullshit rants in the football topic to shame.

How does it put my rants to shame? That a stupid streaker ran onto the pitch? :wtf:

Agreed.

My respect to South Africa - they've played a solid tournament, with a strong team that have shown flashes of brilliance. Their work in the line-out was top-class tonight, and was definitely what separated the teams.

We should though be very proud of the English players. To come this far having been written off from the start is easily one of the greatest achievements that international rugby has ever witnessed. I think the controversial try decision tonight showed what a fine line there is between winning and losing in this game - who knows how things might have panned out if it had been given. Look back to South Africa vs. Fiji as well - three minutes to go, SA up 30-25, Fiji box-kick it from just outside their 22 and if it had just bounced good (and by that I mean not a lucky bounce, just a normal bounce) Fiji would have been through and it'd have been a very different story. As I say, it's a very fine line.

Great World Cup anyway. It's a shame the next one is in New Zealand - personally I feel Japan would have been a better option, certainly with regards to expanding the game. Let's just hope England can pick themselves up from this and in these next four years build a stronger team that can go into 2011 as favourites instead of write-offs.

Fully agree.

Bring on the Six Nations!!!

Well done our English heroes!!!!! I'm not a rugby man, even though I respect the sport much more than football, and I'll not be following the team on a regular basis, but bring on the next world cup!!

How does it put my rants to shame? That a stupid streaker ran onto the pitch? :wtf:

1. He was clothed, so wasn't technically streaking.

2. You always rant and rave how rugby fans are gods gift to the world, then some prick runs on the pitch in the final. Brilliant fans right there!

2. You always rant and rave how rugby fans are gods gift to the world, then some prick runs on the pitch in the final. Brilliant fans right there!

Rugby fans are better than football fans though thats literally just fact. Just becasue one mentalist or in fact I heard two ran on the pitch doesnt represent the crowd. And man after being in the crowd in several football matches and several rugby matches it really is almost an objective fact that rugby crowds more civilised than football crowds.

Well, we did well to get there. No shame in losing to a better team. Unfortunatley the match was a bit stale, would've livened up if the try was given.

Agree Zell, bit of a stale game that was exciting in the sense of England playing and the overall tension. Both sides were too nervous to try anything too risky in a world cup final.

Ohhh dear... what a pathetic argument mate. You're making something out of nothing lol. Even the French police on the night agreed with us. But hey moving on eh?

Ohhh dear... what a pathetic argument mate. You're making something out of nothing lol. Even the French police on the night agreed with us. But hey moving on eh?

Just returning the same pathetic favour you've given the football topic for over a year. I'm willing to call it quits if you are.

Ahh but my comments are actually decent ones based on fact. You tarring rugby supporters as a whole because some weirdo greenpeace guy ran onto the pitch is a bit weak lol ;) Never mind...

_44188733_start416.jpg

_44188754_wilkinson416.jpg

_44188778_c416.jpg

_44188801_engmedals416.jpg

_44188803_trophy416.jpg

Ahh but my comments are actually decent ones based on fact. You tarring rugby supporters as a whole because some weirdo greenpeace guy ran onto the pitch is a bit weak lol ;) Never mind...

And you're tarring all football fans because of the actions of the minority!

Okay so there may be more ***** who claim they are football fans (they clearly aren't though), but then there are more football fans in this country than Rugby fans.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy?!

Not gonna turn this into an argument cause I can't be arsed. Simple terms...

"Football stadium filled with 70,000 segregated Football fans" = more trouble + 10x more police presence than "Rugby stadium filled with 70,000 mixed rugby fans" - No hypocrisy, just facts. Even the French police were saying at the game that they never have any trouble at rugby matches, even at a world cup final. Makes no difference how many fans there are of both sports, as long as you compare the trouble caused between both groups of equal numbers then it's fine. And the fact that football fans need to be separated says it all really. Geddit? Same old stuff from me really, but was prompted so there ya go.

Anyway, the Six nations is AGGGEESS away arggggghhh

"Football stadium filled with 70,000 segregated Football fans" = more trouble + 10x more police presence than "Rugby stadium filled with 70,000 mixed rugby fans" - No hypocrisy, just facts. Even the French police were saying at the game that they never have any trouble at rugby matches, even at a world cup final. Makes no difference how many fans there are of both sports, as long as you compare the trouble caused between both groups of equal numbers then it's fine. And the fact that football fans need to be separated says it all really. Geddit? Same old stuff from me really, but was prompted so there ya go.

I don't just mean the number of fans in the stadium though. Because there are more football supporters it means there are more people out for trouble, therefore there are more of these people who are willing to pay for tickets just so they can get in the stadium to cause trouble.

I'm not actually sure if that makes any sense but I stand by it anyway! :heh:

Again with the segregation? So bloody what! Have you ever watched a Merseyside Derby?

Segregation is nothing. Away fans can get to their coaches easier if they're all in the same place. Even if they are seperated from the home fans during the match, they still end up mingling with them when they arrive, during half-time and when they're leaving.

And is there any trouble? Like bugger is there!

[sarcasm]

And the Police praising the Rugby fans? Oh no! :eek:[/sarcasm]

And I'll be in feckin New Zealand for the whole thing!

Only up side is that there are 4 home games in Dunedin for the Highlanders in the 2008 Super 14 and they start a few weeks after I arrive :D

Motion you are seriously full of shit sometimes.

If you say so.

And I'll be in feckin New Zealand for the whole thing!

Only up side is that there are 4 home games in Dunedin for the Highlanders in the 2008 Super 14 and they start a few weeks after I arrive :D

Never really watched much Super 14, should be great to go to a couple of games though if that's what you're planning?

Wonder what the Six Nations will be like with most of the nations starting from scratch... :confused:

Rugby fans shit on football fans, simple as. I say that as a football fan. Football fans can be really vile at times.

A nice, if expected statistic:

Not a single arrest during the entire world cup, 40 odd games, thousands and thousands of spectators. No trouble at all, no controversy, nowt. And packed stadiums for every game (except the ones in Cardiff lol)

Who gives a flying f*ck!? Can't we just appreciate each game on it own merits instead of discussing which has the better fans! Its a pointless topic that proves very little.

Just pointing out something I read mate, calm down. I just thought it was quite an impressive fact, nothing hidden agenda behind me posting it, just thought I'd share.

Actually there was gonna be trouble when I went there a few weeks ago to one of the games and was told I couldn't bring my camera in. Was not pleased. Seems some stewards say one thing and others say another. Should have just tried another gate but couldn't be arsed.

lol, I didn't mean to sound so pissed off! :heh:

You're right, that statistic is pretty impressive. That reminds me I need to sort out tickets to see the Wasps!

Unlucky England. South Africa deserved to win though.

The try that wasn't but could've been was unlucky to go against ye.

Let's look forward to a fresh and probably unrecognisable 6 Nations campaign!

From an England perspective it'd be stupid to just throw 15 youngsters into the team for the 6 Nations, so I'm looking forward to a bit of continuity with certain players who can lay the foundations (Sheridan, Stevens, Moody, Easter, Wilko, Tait, Lewsey, Sackey) and mix all that experience with a bit of new talent. I imagine most nations will do it like that.

Question is who will the coaches be!!

So Motion, how come when someone brings up something Football related earlier in the topic its "Damn I wanted to keep football related stuff out of this topic", yet now suddenly it's "lolol rugby > football lolol"?

And why is it necessary to post that in the Football thread also? Because damnit, I wanted to keep rugby related stuff out of that thread.