NEurope
immy

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

Yea, i'd image there would be. I'll just import it from America then once it's fainlly out :heh:

Damn formatting problems and DQ VIII sucking me into the series.

Australia is getting IV in September which gives me a little hope for a EU release in September as well.

Australia is getting IV in September which gives me a little hope for a EU release in September as well.

I had read some where it was projected for a September release in the EU, cant be assed to go find the source though.

I read that aswell, and we get games before Australlia. Plus Ubisoft is distributing the DQ's there.

I read that aswell, and we get games before Australlia. Plus Ubisoft is distributing the DQ's there.

Well, Austrialia has Professor Layton and Chibi Robo and we don't. Hopefully Gameplay's date is correct.

London (7th August 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that DRAGON QUEST®: The Chapters of the Chosen™ will be released across all PAL territories on 12th of September, 2008 exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ system.

September 12th then. I'll leave it a week or two and get some kind soul to get me it for my birthday, excellent. :grin:

September 12th then. I'll leave it a week or two and get some kind soul to get me it for my birthday, excellent. :grin:

About fricking time! I finished testing it about 6 months ago and I want my free copy!!

=o before America? Wow. *cancels VGP order*

About fricking time! I finished testing it about 6 months ago and I want my free copy!!

I want your free copy :P

I'm surprised. This is out around the same time as the US T_T

I'm shocked to say the least, yet they can't get Chrono Trigger out this year in Europe..

Wow, I clearly missed this annoucement, too many RPGs and so little time!

Jeremy Parish on 1Up has an import preview up of DQ V. It doesn't give away too many details you won't know already about the game, but its a nice enough read nonetheless.

Click click!

At times you can't help but be jealous of Japan. They've got IV and V and we're a month to IV T_T

Can't wait for this. So much RPG goodness.

Gamespot have a preview up. Here's a few things from it regarding the controls and interestingly, some mode that involves the DS local wireless:

Even though it is on the DS, there are no touch screen controls for this game. In towns and dungeons, you can see your surroundings across the top and bottom screen, allowing you to see what's ahead. You can use the L and R buttons to rotate your camera angle. In town, you can also press the Y button to pull up a hand-drawn map of the entire area that will point out where to find the important shops. On the overworld screen, you can bring up a zoomed-in map to give you a better idea of where you are situated.

[...]

There is a Chance Encounter mode, which is available through a local wireless connection. We aren't sure what it entails exactly, but we were told it involves expanding your town to discover an ancient mystery regarding a cursed kingdom.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/dragonquestiv/news.html?sid=6196018

Basically you can found a village that grows over time and you can send 'pioneers' to your friend's village carrying a message and they'll live in the town. If anyone uses the mode, I will be shocked.

Something like a medieval Sim City with mixed in bark mode?

Yeah, except the towns development is set.

A few bits of info from a hands on of DQ 4 at RPGamer. The guy says he's about 20 hours in and he is enjoying the game a lot by the sounds of it.

First, the positive:

...unlike the Final Fantasy remakes, Dragon Quest IV never tries to push the DS to do more than it can do. A great example of this mix is when the characters are exploring the various towns. The buildings and characters retain a pleasant, simple, sprite-like look, but the area spreads itself across both screens. This looks attractive and feels less claustrophobic than restricting the surroundings to one screen. But it doesn't stop there, in this DS remake, you have the ability to rotate the view of the town 360 degrees. The result is a perfect blend of old and new.

I think I read that you can't rotate the camera in the DQ 5 remake. I may be misremembering that though cos I can't remember where I would have come across that factoid at.

And some negatives for DQ 4:

The quick save option is restricted to the world map and thus practically negating what makes a quick save convenient in the first place. There are some absolutely confusing choices that went into organizing the otherwise mostly clean menus. There are absolutely zero touch controls, and I still need to go to the church to check how much experience my characters need to level up. I don't care if that's "just Dragon Quest", it's a silly mechanic that Square Enix needs to let go of.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/dq/dq4ds/dqivimp.html

I think I read that you can't rotate the camera in the DQ 5 remake. I may be misremembering that though cos I can't remember where I would have come across that factoid at.

You can, I was playing it the other day.

my copy of DQ IV was dispatched today. I expect it... tomorrow. I'm gonna keep it sealed a few weeks though and see if I can clear FF IV outta the way first and maybe Mario RPG too. I hope there are plenty of others that have ordered it too and will be playing this classic over the incoming weeks!

I ordered it from Game.co.uk. They are quick with dispatching pre-orders. :)

Not with mine apparently :(

Well my log says:

09/09/2008 17:24:49 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

09/09/2008 15:47:47 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

07/08/2008 20:29:45 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

I wonder if it's because I ordered it at 8.30pm?