NEurope
immy

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

I dunno, surely it wouldn't matter seeing as you placed the order a few days ago... though admittedly, I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Who knows, maybe they are a bit slower with getting some of them out. ::shrug: I'd say you'll defo get it for Friday, and hopefully before.

Has the reviews said anything about the difficulty? DQVIII was on the borderline and DWVII got too frustrating at one point so I haven't placed a pre-order on this one yet.

Has the reviews said anything about the difficulty? DQVIII was on the borderline and DWVII got too frustrating at one point so I haven't placed a pre-order on this one yet.

In this months ONM they say its a bit of a grind fest but seeing as its an old skool RPG that's to be expected.

From what I've read (but maybe it was about a different DQ...) you don't reach high levels in it. Think more in the range of Paper Mario rather than the realms of Final Fantasy.

You swap main character after each chapter so you end up back at level 1 for each chapter except for the last chapter or so.

Also, my copy got dispatched this morning :)

Did you receive yours yet Ike? I see they have dropped the IV off the box.

Yeah, it arrived yesterday. They've removed the number to avoid confusing people. EU never got a main Dragon Quest game until 8, which also had the number removed. It's probably so people don't think DQ8 is DQ1, and then DQ4 is DQ2.

Hmm, I came across it in stores, and I'd swear I saw a 'IV' on the box. Perhaps just the UK?

In chapter 3, there is a small town where you can buy Steel Broadsword for 10G, buy as many as you can as they sell for 1500G each!

From CVG.

Ow be knackin' vore? We're playing a bit too much Dragon Quest IV, and all those country dialects have us as crumpiddy as a flittermouse. Square Enix have really gone to town on the localisation. Scots, Irish and scrumpy-lovin' Westcountry types - the dialects are so accurately realised that most need reading out loud to comprehend.

Okay, I'm just going to take credit for this. :D

From CVG.

Okay, I'm just going to take credit for this. :D

You did all the accents? :D

You did all the accents? :D

I had to proof-read it all which was a bit of a nightmare and I did have to mutter a few to myself because I had to double take when reading them :heh: . Thankfully our translator was absolutely brilliant. I met him when he came back from Japan and he is a legend as well.

1up have weighed in with their review- scoring it a highly respectable B+.

The Japanese RPG was built on Dragon Quest's framework, but the genre has since wandered off in other directions. As a result, this modest remake of a chapter nearly 20 years olds feels almost like a revelation. Despite its relatively small scale and humble presentation, it really does have a grand feel about it -- a sense of scope often lacking in modern console RPGs, whose extravagant graphics and overwrought stories necessitate locking the player into tiny, linear, claustrophobic settings.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169858

NGamer gave it an 81%. A large part of the review was dedicated to the accents, if you want me to put up a little transcript Daft? :heh:

NGamer gave it an 81%. A large part of the review was dedicated to the accents, if you want me to put up a little transcript Daft? :heh:

Awesome! Credit goes to the translator. I was really impressed when testing it. Hardly had to bug anything. :D

I heard they removed the feature to talk to your team members like in DQVIII in the EU/(US?) versions. Can someone confirm this? Daft?

So much I want this game since I loved VIII and Like DQS. But alas, due to Uni taking most of my money and a huge backlog of games, i've decided not to buy any games till I complete at least 10 new games i've yet to complete. And some of those are mighty long games :heh:

I heard they removed the feature to talk to your team members like in DQVIII in the EU/(US?) versions. Can someone confirm this? Daft?

Absolutely cannot remember. I played this about 9 months ago. :heh:

I've read this too. I hope it doesn't take -too- much away from the game, and on the up side seeing as I've never played any DQ before this one, it shouldn't be something I miss. It still sucks that they decided not to include the feature though, its apparently one of the things that helps make DQ games the charming and well loved series it has become. :(

So much I want this game since I loved VIII and Like DQS. But alas, due to Uni taking most of my money and a huge backlog of games, i've decided not to buy any games till I complete at least 10 new games i've yet to complete. And some of those are mighty long games :heh:

Man, I'm not getting into DQ 4 just yet as I want to clear through one or two games first, its a pity that you won't be getting it for a while. Its looking like its just me and Lord Ike that have picked it up. :blank:

-----------------

Eurogamer have their review up and its a decent read.

Nevertheless, in terms of menu arrangement, and the nuts and bolts of interface design, this is better executed than last week's release of Final Fantasy IV.

The FF IV DS menu's are good, but can be a little confusing. Like with the Augments. ¬_¬

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=235667&page=1

I might make an exception for DQ. But i'm hammering my way through some games first. I have a bunch i've started and half way through though I just need to do the end.

I atleast want to complete some before I get it, which shouldn't really be all that long.

Actually I have a couple of games that I got given that I don't like and will never play again, so I can just trade those in for DQ... Hmmm...

IGN have their review up and its a pretty negative read. The overall score they give DQ 4 is decent enough at 8.0/10, but the text of the review isn't alluring at all. They just harp on about how its been ported from the Playstation without talking that much about the game, lol. Weird.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/911/911086p1.html

Yeah, funny how it's a remake of the NES version with the PS1 version features added in. it's also miles better than any FF remake.

It's defienantly my favourite game on DS.