NEurope
immy

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI: The Zenithia Trilogy

I so can't wait for this DQV ds. It's possibly one of my fav, though hard to pick just 1. I've been playing DQIV ds since its release in Japan somewhat slowly (still ch4) and Im loving it too. I can't be happier this christmas, it's a DQ heaven :)

Dragon Quest IV was rated 79% by NGamer, and it even has an English translation that you can access using an Action Replay.

Dragon Quest IV was rated 79% by NGamer, and it even has an English translation that you can access using an Action Replay.

I was just about to jump to my importer sites until I read it was via action replay only in Ngamer.

Theres a preview for Dragon Quest IV on 1Up.com.

Heres a section of it involving any possible European release:

With luck, the presence of English (and other European) dialogue in the game is a sign that this remake will at least bring this classic to the wider audience it deserves. That's hardly a certainty, unfortunately, as Square Enix recently shut down its Slime Knights website, which served as an official English-language fan community for the series -- not an encouraging indication of the company's commitment to rebuilding the Dragon Quest name outside Japan. Fans should keep their fingers crossed...and it wouldn't hurt to hope for the best with the already-announced DS remakes of Dragon Quest V and VI, which have never made their way beyond Japan.

I do hope these remakes are brought to Europe cos I thought the purpose of them is to give us a chance to catch up before DQ IX. If they eventually don't make it over here then it'll be a job for VGP.

I've completed DQ IV about four times now, on my fifth run at the moment and I've gotta say, the more I play it, the more I like it.

Also, the alternate ending is SO much better than the original its a joke.

Looking good. I'm quite enjoying the off shoot DQM, so this is defo on my radar now.

English subtitle for DQ IV is "Chapters of the Chosen", and given a US rating of 10+. Which hopefully means it's getting a US release soon.

Europe is getting Dragon Quest IV! It's been rated by ESRB. Hopefully not long until it comes out.

Good news, the US has a release date :)

Well, there’s no need for speculation anymore. The official North American hub site for Dragon Quest IV, V, and 6 DS has opened up. There’s not much to check out at any of the sites, but the page for DQIV does confirm a September 16th, 2008 release. Click over and have a look at all three sites for yourself!

Good news, the US has a release date :)

Yay! Gonna preorder as soon as VGP puts it up.

I wonder why DQIV is taking so f*cking long to come out!!

I noticed Gameplay has DQIV down as a 26/9/08 release, which is just over a week from the US release. And the 26th is a Friday. I think it's wishful thinking, but - hey - It might happen.

I noticed Gameplay has DQIV down as a 26/9/08 release, which is just over a week from the US release. And the 26th is a Friday. I think it's wishful thinking, but - hey - It might happen.

Oh really? Nicely spotted. If it comes out that day then I'll definitely get it on release.

Some DQ V details:

- specialty goods/specialty goods museum return from the PS2 version

- find specialty goods and arrange them in the museum

- obtain some of these goods through NPC conversations

- ability to equip some specialty goods that will provide you with useful abilites

- find the museum, come the curator, and arrange your goods on different floors

- different goods and arrangements mean different visitors

- specialty good creation available. You name and design it.

- trade these goods over local wireless

And more:

- new character named Deborah

- Deborah is described as a ’strong-willed beauty’In the latest Jump, they’ve confirmed a new character in the game, the “strong-willed beauty, Deborah.â€

- conversation between party members is possible

That date might be a fair estimate. I read a while back that the first DQ DS game would be out around that time I think.

Gotta love Dragon Quest, though gotta hate translating all that text :heh:

That date might be a fair estimate. I read a while back that the first DQ DS game would be out around that time I think.

Gotta love Dragon Quest, though gotta hate translating all that text :heh:

Yeah, probably. Gameplay is the only UK site that has it listed at the minute. The thing is though, the Japanese version had all of the translations done apart from some formatting, so we might get it pretty quick.

It does? If I knew that I would of imported it ages ago.

You need an Action Replay to access it. I nearly imported it myself when I found out an English version was in it, but then I saw you needed an AR. Plus like I said, there are some formatting problems.