NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UK

Russia vs Britain- who would win?

UK, I thought that was fairly obvious...

No, I'm a bit thick so expect it :grin:

I don't think there will ever be another war with nuclear weapons involved. No-ones that stupid, are they..?

There's nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism around here, is there? I'm sure you'll agree.

No I wouldn't. Patriotism is the bane of Europe. Look what happened the last two times European countries got all patriotic. Oh! Look! World Wars! :blank:

What is there that is so good about patriotism? In fact, what is the point of being patriotic? How the hell do the achievements of others, who just happen to have lived in the same country that you do, in anyway make you a better person?

I don't think there will ever be another war with nuclear weapons involved. No-ones that stupid, are they..?

How about this guy?

gwb.jpg

I think the only reasonable response is "touche"...:indeed:

I think you'll find some patriotism in you, The fish, if you dig deep enough. Whether its supporting England in the world cup, to holding the union jack up, I'm sure you've been patriotic one time or another. Patriotism is not being a better person just cause you won the cricket. Its being proud of your ethnic background.

I think you'll find some patriotism in you, The fish, if you dig deep enough. Whether its supporting England in the world cup, to holding the union jack up, I'm sure you've been patriotic one time or another. Patriotism is not being a better person just cause you won the cricket. Its being proud of your ethnic background.

First off, I love the way you say that a person from England, possibly the world's greatest melting pot, should be proud of their ethnicity.

When it comes to the world cup, I generally support the team I think should win (duh). In the last world cup, it was Australia.

I'll support England in football if I think they deserve to win the match. It's the same with league football, and with any other sport.

For example, I've never supported Tim Henman, apart from in the first match he had at this year's Wimbledon, as he's usually a bit naff.

A report I saw a few years ago seemed to state that Russia were well below UK in the military hardware stakes a few years ago due to decommissioning since the cold war. I would think the UK has a good chance of pwning if that info is correct.

However if the battle is conducted using lipstick lesbian popstresses, we will be getting our arses well and truly kicked.

A report I saw a few years ago seemed to state that Russia were well below UK in the military hardware stakes a few years ago due to decommissioning since the cold war. I would think the UK has a good chance of pwning if that info is correct.

Wait 8-odd years, and this could not be more true.

Two new aircraft carriers with F-35B's? Yes please!

Wait 8-odd years, and this could not be more true.

Two new aircraft carriers with F-35B's? Yes please!

On the other hand.....I could be incredibly wrong (the report was from a daily newspaper).

According to this page: Clicky

....We would be the pwned.

I think there should be a British "straight" name for the F-35B. Especially since BAe have had a hand in designing it. We've never used the American model names as far as I remember...(P-51 we just called the Mustang, P-40 we named the Tomahawk or Kittyhawk, F-4 was the Phantom).

I think there should be a British "straight" name for the F-35B. Especially since BAe have had a hand in designing it. We've never used the American model names as far as I remember...(P-51 we just called the Mustang, P-40 we named the Tomahawk or Kittyhawk, F-4 was the Phantom).

Well it is actually called the Lightning II by the Septics.

Another candidate was Spitfire II, which would pretty fitting in my opinion, as they are probably the best carrier-based fighter out there.

Oh come on, they've gotta come out with something a little more imaginative than that :p and remove the II as well. The Lightning was a great plane in its own right.

And how would the Spitfire II be fitting anyway? Considering that the Spitfire was a landbased aircraft...Seafire would be acceptable I guess.

And how would the Spitfire II be fitting anyway? Considering that the Spitfire was a landbased aircraft...Seafire would be acceptable I guess.

I mean that it's by far the best plane around.

Invisible to radar? Check.

Supersonic? Check.

STOL? Check.

Yeah, but even in its day the Spitfire wasn't far and away the best fighter ;) great plane sure but it had a lot of contenders (Mustang, Fw190 etc)

Sorry for being arsey and pedantic :p

russia wins as we only have 3 troops spare, the other 98,000 are oil mining. but Mr T. would ultimately decide the winner

Oooh the first post reminds me of top trumps. So it depends on who's go it is, and if they go with population or world economy ranking.

We owned them once, we could own them again.

hum, as i remember we never actually fought them.

no one would win, NATO would interviene and neither of us could take 3/4 of europe and america

hum, as i remember we never actually fought them.

no one would win, NATO would interviene and neither of us could take 3/4 of europe and america

Crimean War baby.

Btw guys its ownage time. China and Russia are having war games on their border with like a million men. They are going to make a new defensive alliance between the CSTO and SCO basically Russia and the old non EU repulics and China. They are having an event called Peace mission 2007. If those two countries kissed and made up for the past and formed a solid alliance uber beats time!

No, I'm a bit thick so expect it :grin:

Trust me, there is always someone stupid enough.

a nuclear war could only work if one of the parties was suicidal, so no matter how crazy the person in power is, they still want to live.

People are forgetting that Russia has the amazing dancing bears...on the hot coal.

Russia FTW.

Sign in to follow this