NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Dazzybee & Dynamo I have added you both to my Mario Kart Friends List, please check your inbox for my code :)

the new competition sounds great. I've always wondered why Nintendo opted for Mirror Modes, rather than racing the tracks backwards.

what about ramps and stuff? For a track to be backwards the whole design would have to be changed

One thing I completely forgot about was the last competition which I thought was class how Nintendo can do things like that.

Will have to check this new one out.

Anyone tried the new one yet? I'm hitting it now :)

Edit: Played 3 times and got better each time, current best is 2:11. I know I can do better, gotta work out where the best place is to use the mushrooms.

I've got 1:55.509 so far. Nice to use Karts for a change =)

Good old Dynamo, showing off his prowess with the manual karts again :heh:

I didn't quite manage to get under 2 minutes last night, with auto of course, so I just may have to bite the bullet and try manual for a change.

The best place for a mushroom, methinks, is at the first corner to cut across the grass. You just need to turn slightly more in the direction of the right path of mushroom jumps to avoid understeering.

My best is now 2:07. I reckon I could do better but only by a few seconds. God knows how they get 1:52.

My best is now 2:07. I reckon I could do better but only by a few seconds. God knows how they get 1:52.

That sounds rather a long time, I'm sure you could do better! I used Funky Kong in either the Aeroglider or the Flame Flyer, so if you haven't tried that combo, I'm sure you could improve your times with it. If you're using manual, I would take the path with the zippers on to the right after the first section as it offers a good chance of max boost.

Just over 2:00 for me at the moment.

It's not as much fun as the last competition, but still cool. :hehe:

Well it's good that they're varying the challenges and this is clearly the longest-lasting! The last one was a bit too quick really although it takes a few goes to realise it. I like this one because it involves pure driving skill to get a fast time and not having to rely on not getting walloped with an item.

Got my time down to 1:58.7 but can't cope with the manual and went back to auto for it once I discovered I was using the mushroom boosts in the wrong place. I edited my previous post to reflect the better option.

what about ramps and stuff? For a track to be backwards the whole design would have to be changed

For a lot of tracks, especially in the older games, they could be easily done backwards. I would have preferred them to be done backwards, as then they seem like a completely different course.

And, if they were going to do the tracks backwards too, the designers of the tracks would have taken that into account, and made it possible to do jumps from both ways in their tracks.

Your miles too good for every competition..:D

Got 2:02 last night. Could probably get 2:00 or just under but it isn't worth the stress of repeatedly pressing restart. :heh:

Has anybody seen the huge shortcut on Mushroom Gorge? Has anybody managed it?

Is it the one with the giant mushroom after the wooden bridge? Or something else?

Is it the one with the giant mushroom after the wooden bridge? Or something else?

No check out the continental/world number 1. He basically boosts over the mountain past the finish line.

No check out the continental/world number 1. He basically boosts over the mountain past the finish line.
lol, I thought you meant he actually went up and over the mountain you have to drive through!

If your talking about this shortcut of jumping the small gorge at the end of the lap it's actually not that difficult! I can't do it consistantly lap after lap, but I've done it a few times:

Yeah he does boost 'over the mountain' its a glitch... he turns around near the wooden bridge and turbos onto the red mushroom into the mountain side, he then somehow bounces round the mountain and lands behind the finishline - repeat x3! I tried to copy but couldn't bounce on the mountain.. not sure how its done....

Whoa! See that's what I like about Mario Kart these little glitches and stuff which are fun to learn about and try. It's why I love the N64 version for one :D Nice trick though.

Awesome!

How the hell do people stumble across these kinds of bugs? It's mad.

I've always wondered why all the world records are set by people playing as Funky Kong too, is he somehow fasty than all the other large characters?

How the hell do people stumble across these kinds of bugs? It's mad.

I've always wondered why all the world records are set by people playing as Funky Kong too, is he somehow fasty than all the other large characters?

I was wondering the same on both of those questions.

That guy in the video took a different(ish) route to the ghost that I was trying to follow. It looks easier but it's a little slower. If you pause it at about 17/18 secs then the guy I was following turned before the mushroom.