NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

if i get this for christmas will people play with me:blank:

I really want to play online with people but its more fun if you sort of know the people even in forums world , but i havent really posted here enough to get to know anyone :(

Once you get it, just add a few people (there signature usually contains the friend code) and PM them to let them know you've added them.

I only started posting on the message boards a few months back (long time reader n all) and now I take part in weekly mario kart tournaments and have a great time.

I highly recommend you get the game, complete the game offline (unlocking all the courses), play online till your rating is about 6000 so your used to playing against other people and not just the computer then get your name down for the tournaments.

Its great to see this has now sold over 10 million copies worldwide, in just over 8 months and still selling amazingly well, 300K worldwide last week.

Source: http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39775

Tell you what Rossy boy, join in as soon as you can and then I'll have a decent chance of finishing ahead of you before you get good at it! :heh:

haha thanks Guys , to be honest ive never been fantastic at racing games but this just looks so fun then i read about your guys hi jinks here with it online it looks real fun .

Im sure you'll beat me regardless:heh: but i think i might get it :yay:

This game is amazing fun; the best online experience for me. If only Wii Speak came out this time last year :(

And I can't bleieve how many copies its sold already!!

Mario Kart 2 Nintendo, that's all I want!! Fix everything that should have been in the sequel :) Or patch it!

Anyone try the new competition? It's pretty good. The Wiggler is bloody annoying though, I especially hate the way he waits if you get knocked off the track, talk about cheeky! :heh:

It's really satisfying getting the invincibility star on this comp and dishing out some payback! :awesome:

Question. If you delete the Mario Kart Channel from the menu, do you still recieve the next competition messages?

This game is amazing fun; the best online experience for me. If only Wii Speak came out this time last year :(

And I can't bleieve how many copies its sold already!!

Mario Kart 2 Nintendo, that's all I want!! Fix everything that should have been in the sequel :) Or patch it!

Just out of interest dazzybee, what would you improve?(apart from wii speak compatibility)

Just out of interest dazzybee, what would you improve?(apart from wii speak compatibility)

DLC; track editor/creator; have balloon battle like death match; more multiplayer modes in general; more characters; Wii Speak......That'll do me!!

I just wish Nintendo would have put in a 40gb hard drive and offer us downloadable tracks! I'd pay for £40 for another 20 classic tracks!

As a quick MK2 solution can't Nintendo do something like port over Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Only with the gameplay [single karts etc...] of Mario Kart Wii and of course motion controls.

I didn't enjoy the game all that much on the Gamecube, but I absolutely LOVE MKWii because of it's controls and single karts etc... I'd like the chance to play through those tracks again!

As a quick MK2 solution can't Nintendo do something like port over Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Only with the gameplay [single karts etc...] of Mario Kart Wii and of course motion controls.

I didn't enjoy the game all that much on the Gamecube, but I absolutely LOVE MKWii because of it's controls and single karts etc... I'd like the chance to play through those tracks again!

Yeah they shoudl release Mario Kart DD through the Play on Wii selection - just add online and I'll be hooked as I actually really enjoyed DD, although it seems I was the only one lol.

Btw:

Brilliant.

This is amazing. But does it annoy anyone else when he calls it reverse cup!?!?!

Ah man, I don't have my Wii Wheel with me. I've been totally forgetting about the competitions.

Mario Kart still going strong worldwide, another 430,000 copies sold last week.

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Well in my opinion it's the best online game of this generation - YES even better than Halo 3 and COD. I always get tired of playing an online FPS after a few round and maybe an hour - but I can sit playing Mario Kart online with my mates for hours at a time, we chat on Skype at the same time and it's GREAT!

Next Competition.

Starting tomorrow:

mkcomp1512rb7.jpg

Thought we might have got something a bit better for the Christmas comp, something more like the Mario Galaxy style boss battle one, oh well. ::shrug:

Mario Kart has truned to crap recently - with the Homebrew channel and Ocarina it's just full of hackers and cheats, I played a guy called Wario the other day and he was bombing everyone then going big and activating stars, he even had the power to fire off blue shells! He was the worst I've seen to date - but there's planty of people using permanent boosts etc.

Had a few goes on the new comp earlier on, 44 seconds was my best time.

It's actually pretty tricky, especially toward the end when you're coming of the half pipe and going across the booster parts. It makes driving through the gates much more difficult.

Or maybe I'm just a bit out of practice. :heh:

Mario Kart has truned to crap recently - with the Homebrew channel and Ocarina it's just full of hackers and cheats, I played a guy called Wario the other day and he was bombing everyone then going big and activating stars, he even had the power to fire off blue shells! He was the worst I've seen to date - but there's planty of people using permanent boosts etc.
I think I've been quite lucky when playing online, only ever encountered those kind of opponents a couple of times.

The leader boards seem pretty messed up though. I really don't get what the satisfaction is in doing that kind of stuff, I mean what's the point? ::shrug:

Probably the satisfaction of having their name up the top of the board, even if they didn't do it properly hackers and stuff don't seem to care.

Ive only had the game for 4 days i think, but i tried the Competition today :)

Hard for me, and after a hour of constant attempts, i managed a 47:715 :)

Which i was pretty happy at ;)