NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Split-screen as in local multiplayer - I call it that for some reason.I didn't mean it's canned. It just states in the Mag that it's been worsened and neglected.

Split-screen as in local multiplayer - I call it that for some reason.I didn't mean it's canned. It just states in the Mag that it's been worsened and neglected.

Oh good. My mag was stolen so I couldn't check that up.

Oh good. My mag was stolen so I couldn't check that up.

I'll write out the passage : "This is Nintendo all right. Only it isn't. Because the Nintendo we know and love would never sacrifice on portion of a game for another. Nintendo trim and tweak to perfection. Not so here. The pressure to deliver an online experience has led to Nintendo overlooing the local multiplayer mode - that has carries Mario Kart for all these years.

Four- player balloon battle? It stinks. Designed for twelve players, the remaining eight team-mates are AI drivers - completely undermining the skill-based play the mode has always rewarded. Same goes for Coin Grabbing, a new battle mode that needs little explanation.

Split-screen racing? Fine, but it struggles visually - never dropping frames, but noticeably chugging compared to solo karting. We'd ask why Nintendo didn't simply give us the option to turn AI karts off, but all the modes, maps and tracks have been so tailored to that magical number 12 that the game wouldn't play properly.

Hmm, so you can't turn off the AI? Or have simply 4 players in a (battle) game? That does suck.. Fortunately I can still play Mario Kart 64 if I want to play Sky Scraper with 4 players.. It also means playing against my brother won't be as fun as it used to be.. If it's true, that would be a huge oversight indeed.

they better have a 4 player split screen online game (3 consoles 12 people) or i am going to KILL Nintendo

Well all my worries about this game are well and truly buried! I can't wait to try out the Wii Wheel, hopefully it'll do something to the gameplay, it's not a huge loss if it doesn't! It's so close!

Brawl (Imported of course) and this within the month, thanks alot Nintendo! :yay:

I hope they will change that you can't do offline all versus all battle and can't play the grand prix in multiplay anymore... That would just be stupid...

I just read that you can't play the GP in multiplayer anymore as well! If this is true, then that is absolutely terrible!

I'm sure i've seen official videos of more then one person on the same wii playing the GP mode!

You've never been able to to Grand Prix in 4 player! And you couldn't do grand prix in multiplayer on the DS version. I don't know what peoples objection to it is!!!

You've never been able to to Grand Prix in 4 player! And you couldn't do grand prix in multiplayer on the DS version. I don't know what peoples objection to it is!!!

I don't mind about 4 player, i'm talking about 2 players! You could play grand-Prix in 2 players from the Snes version upwards, why get rid of it now?

Over at the Gamesradar forum, there not happy, and either am i!!!!!!!

I'm hoping it's staying in-tact!

You've always been able to do 2-player Grand Prix.. that was always the most fun mode for me - I hate the 'one off race' with no accumulated points system... 4 Player Grand Prix would have rocked... oh well....

It wasn't in the DS version!

It'd be good but I aint that bothered.

But the Wii version DOES accumlate the wins and losses in a single session doesn't it?!?! It better, this would anger me way more than the Grand Prix thing!

I have to say I have still not preordered this. With the release so close to GTA IV I just know I won't get the time to play it. Plus this is really the same Mario Kart we have always been playing nothing majorly new to make it a must buy...ok theirs the online play but only have time for so many online games. The lack of effort on the same screen multiplayer sucks as well....

I always enjoyed doing the GP with my sister and we always had some laughs so if it really is removed, why? It was always fun.

I have to say I have still not preordered this. With the release so close to GTA IV I just know I won't get the time to play it.

Because you'll be too busy sleeping after half n hour?

Plus this is really the same Mario Kart we have always been playing nothing majorly new to make it a must buy
Says someone buying GTA IV...The irony's off the charts

It wasn't in the DS version!

It'd be good but I aint that bothered.

But the Wii version DOES accumlate the wins and losses in a single session doesn't it?!?! It better, this would anger me way more than the Grand Prix thing!

The DS version is a handheld game, every single 'home' console Mario Kart has had it! Well...i'm bothered about it. I'm still really looking forward to it, but thats a bit of a downer!

Because you'll be too busy sleeping after half n hour?

Says someone buying GTA IV...The irony's off the charts

you know very well that gta4 will be better than mario kart.

I can't believe i'm even comparing them.

No, you shouldn't really compare them, there two different games!

Both are excellent in their own right!

That's not what he said :\

He said that the critic you gave Mario Kart (Being the same thing as the other games) is too GTA 4 too ;)

But then everybody knows that OOT is better than Donald Duck Quack Attack, and yet they're very different games.

Grand Theft Auto is one of the most over-rated game series out there (maybe second to Halo!); I loved the first 2 and was excited by the 3rd but extremely let down!

Mario Kart on the other hand never fails to be awesome!!

In my opinion of course (really hate having to put this epilogue after giving an opinion; it's the only way you don't get lynched on these boards nowadays)