NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
|Laguna|

Revolution In May?!?

Nintendo has more tricks up their sleeves than we knew:

Nintendo is aiming for a MAY Release date! This is official news straight from Nintendo! Nintendo wants to show off the hardware in May and launch the system worldwide the same month. This is as much of a marketing tactic as it is designed to give time for the developers to complete the games. "There is one more secret left" say Reggie Fils-Aime. "That secret will be shown to the world at E3 in May of 2006. Then everyone will understand the reason behind the controller's design and its capabilities." Mr. Fils-Aime stressed the importance of consumers needing to see the Revolution in action to truly understand it. Furthermore he feels that once the Revolution is shown in its entirety that it will generate a gaming mania and that it is very important to launch the product soon thereafter to capitalize on the excitement. What is the big secret? Your guess is as good as any. I guess we will have to wait until E3 next year to find out. Look for an update for this story with an exact day in May as soon as it is available.

WOOT! :shock:

OMFG NO WAY :shock:

E3 + Rev in one month. Heaven. Problem is my GCSE's are that month. I'll believe this more when I hear more about it. Are n-next reliable?

Woooo, my birthday is in may, and E3 is usually on my birthday! I can't wait!

Vive la Revolution!

This is quite a good idea, I thought they might do this sort of thing, and hopefully it's true. E3 brings on gaming hype making you just want to PLAY MORE GAMES etc!!!!

They'll be able to really hype up and advertise the Rev around that time too.

I don't know what that UNREAL guy was going on about really. Just because HE hasn't been given a development kit, doesn't mean other companies havent (Capcom for example, since there's that game in dev) I'm sure Sega has, them and Nintendo are quite close according to interviews. Anyway, heh, just cos he's in a crap small company who wouldn't get the Dev kit unless under N's wing, doesn't mean work isn't well under way.

Nintendo is very secretive, as we know. They are more ready than many believe.

Allard (XBox creator dude who happens to be an arsehole in my opinion) said that Sony wouldn't be ready to launch 1st half on next year just because they havent had any gameplay etc yet. But A LOT can happen in such a short space of time, the same going for Nintendo.

Hopefully this statement is true. It would mean that Nintendo have possibly kept the promise of not being last out for one. And that OTHER secret to be revealed!? Better graphics than the other 2?! :P

I doubt it, but it's worth a wish.

I reckon the other 'secret' is sterostopic 3D like we are discussing in that other thread.

My birthday is also in may! My exams are also in may! E3 is also in May! THE REV IS COMING IN MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgo hahaha

Excuse me.

Gaming mania! This is kinda exciting...

If anyone remember, before the Revo controller was shown, Nintendo said it would be a revolution in gaming. They said we would be shocked and confused about it, and at the same time very excited. And, to everyones surprise, thats excatly what they did.

If they are right about it creating a gaming mania, this could get very exciting. My brain is about to explode.

OMFG NO WAY :shock:

E3 + Rev in one month. Heaven. Problem is my GCSE's are that month. I'll believe this more when I hear more about it. Are n-next reliable?

N-Next is reliable, but the original source of the news isn't. Original source for news is Gamehelix, shady and quite unknown company that offers gaming toolbars for Internet Explorer. Gamehelix's toolbar is filled with crappy spyware and they are just trying to get more victims to download their product.

URL: http://gamehelix.ourtoolbar.com/

It's going to be a helmet I bet.

Nah, it will be steroscopic 3D without 3D glassers I reckon.

Maybe. We'll have to see 'ey?! Didn't they say everything would be revealed before the end of the year though?

BTW, have you noticed how Gamehelix is advertised on Seriousfaker007's blog? I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind these "news".

EDIT: Yeah, it is Seriousfaker007. Falafelkid can confirm that in his own blog.

BTW, have you noticed how Gamehelix is advertised on Seriousfaker007's blog? I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind these "news".

EDIT: Yeah, it is Seriousfaker007. Falafelkid can confirm that in his own blog.

Bollocks, this better not be a hoax :angry:

If there's another secret going to be unveiled, I think it's more likely that it's going to be a new type of game that will take full advantage of the controller. The controller is the revolutionary part, not some kind of silly helmet or goggles (seriously, that wouldn't attract more gamers at all).

I really hope this news is true though. Even though May and June will be too busy for me to play games, I'd love to see the Revolution released then, along with a bunch of games. Can't wait really.

I'll trust the official word, which said games and info would be shown before xmas. Not E3 next year, that's crazy talk.

I'm surprised there were so many posts saying 'wow great' before someone even questioned the source.

I really hope this is true but we'll have to wait and see. I'll believe it when I see it announced or if it's put on http://www.Nintendo.co.uk :P

Rubbish, what are Nintendo going to pull an Apple.

*Look new iPod, NOW available*

I doubt it somehow folks.

Sign in to follow this