N-Europe

Wimbledon

Daft

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennis is a ridiculous sport tbh.

Also why didn't Nintendo get in on this year's Championships eh?

Them guys in New York stole the Wiimbledon idea but jeeze Nintendo, look sharp will ye? Perfect opportunity to market the Wii et all...

Guest Stefkov
Tennis is a ridiculous sport tbh.

Also why didn't Nintendo get in on this year's Championships eh?

Them guys in New York stole the Wiimbledon idea but jeeze Nintendo, look sharp will ye? Perfect opportunity to market the Wii et all...

I was watching, wel more glancing, at a match being played yesterday. Forgot where it was, might be Nottingham or something.

But it had Wii on some of the sideboards. Didn't think I saw it right but I saw it again.

You're right though, Wimbledon = perfect opportunity to advertise.

stay out of the thread then.

The only tennis events, I watch are this and the U.S. Open. Hoping for a good tournament, I can see another Nadel and Federer final tbh. I hope Andy Murray fails miserably and Tim Henman somehow performs, despite being shit all year.

Plus I will be catching the womens tennis, so I can have a perv at Sharapova and Serena Williams :heh:

No.

I have perfect right to state my opinion on a sport or a competition. Oh and Andy Murray has already failed miserably. If you knew anything about tennis you would know he has pulled out due to a wrist injury.

:indeed:

stay out of the thread then.

The only tennis events, I watch are this and the U.S. Open. Hoping for a good tournament, I can see another Nadel and Federer final tbh. I hope Andy Murray fails miserably and Tim Henman somehow performs, despite being shit all year.

Murray has already pulled out mate.....

I was watching, wel more glancing, at a match being played yesterday. Forgot where it was, might be Nottingham or something.

Might have been, we have a Tennis Centre across the road from the main University.

Tell me about it, fucking tennis, that's what BBC2 is for.

That's one thing that's pissing me off about the scheduling for this.

Tennis is on BBC2 from 12:00 - 3:25.

Tennis is on BBC1 from 1:40 - 6:00.

So good that they rape both terrestrial BBC Channels at the same time for a rocking 1hour 45mins.

Might have been, we have a Tennis Centre across the road from the main University.

That's one thing that's pissing me off about the scheduling for this.

Tennis is on BBC2 from 12:00 - 3:25.

Tennis is on BBC1 from 1:40 - 6:00.

So good that they rape both terrestrial BBC Channels at the same time for a rocking 1hour 45mins.

And all they show is replays of old matches because it's fucking raining!

If its raining then show some decent TV instead (i.e. Neighbours)!

Guest Stefkov

It seems Hingis and Cavaday (?) have started. 1 set each. Don't know either of them but Henman just came out onto the court.

Gonna go and watch that.

It seems Hingis and Cavaday (?) have started. 1 set each. Don't know either of them but Henman just came out onto the court.

Gonna go and watch that.

Cavadays gone, 6-0 in the 3rd set. She looked absoloutely wrecked in the end.

Henmans looking good so far; 4-1 up. Federer also went through in straight sets, wearing a vest for some of his match!!

Its all sunny outside!! Why haven't they restarted play!?!

From the BBC website:

1730 BST: Breaking news from the tournament referee's bolthole - play will resume at 1845 BST. It's stopped raining, but apparently the courts are a little slippy.

YAY!!!