N-Europe

Soul Calibur IV

Retro_Link

^^^ they did, if your pondering over getting it or not, I'd say just get it, while it doesn't have the impact of SCII it's still the same enjoyable experience with a decent amount of depth that will last you a good while.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Its enjoyable... but god damn they really nerfed some of the characters, not to mention theres alot of blocking issues.

Also, Yoda is completely shit.

Audio settings... obviously.

But you'll lose Yoda's awesome English voice in the process.

EDIT: Read the question wrong, yes they did keep the Japanese voices... but like i said Yoda's English voice is bad ass and you'll get the shitty Japanese one.

I'm going to get the PS3 version anyway....I wonder what Vader souunds like in nihongo...

I was worried for a second because I heard Mitsurugi's English voice over on the gamestrailer thing and it sounded horrible.

Mitsurugi sucks in SC4... none of his great attach moves from SC2 are even useful anymore :(

As a diehard Mitsurugi fan.....I'm just going to try and ignore that comment. *runs off and cries*

:cry:

I was annoyed enough when they changed his move set from 1...although I should have expected it.

Its enjoyable... but god damn they really nerfed some of the characters, not to mention theres alot of blocking issues.

Also, Yoda is completely shit.

You see the nerfing of characters in such a finely balanced fighter does concern me...

Mitsurugi sucks in SC4... none of his great attack moves from SC2 are even useful anymore :(

WOT?!!! That sucks big time.... What's my second character Maxi like then?!

Just to add to the list of negatives, the online is shit against random players, full of one-button spammers and general fucktards, but then you knew that allready. :wink:

Seriously though it completely takes the fun out of it, until you pwn one of the little sods that is. :heh:

Guest Jordan
Anyone get the Collectors stuff from GAME?

Also how do you pull off a critical strike? :P

I should have mine tonight.

Critical strike:

The enemy must have atleast 1 piece of equipment destroyed, then when their soul bar (above their life bar) starts flashing red, get ready.

When the bar shatters, the character will be stunned and a red flash will appear on them that'll look like a lightening strike. Hit LB then.

I should have mine tonight.

Critical strike:

The enemy must have atleast 1 piece of equipment destroyed, then when their soul bar (above their life bar) starts flashing red, get ready.

When the bar shatters, the character will be stunned and a red flash will appear on them that'll look like a lightening strike. Hit LB then.

Sweet...Thanks dude! :)

I'll should be adding some of u for a weekend of xbox live goodness if ur up for it!

Maybe it's just because I suck, but The Apprentice is so insanely overpowered it's unreal. Like, on Arcade stage 7, he is harder than the "boss" guy on stage 8. And the boss is supposed to be the strongest character with the best AI. It's ridiculous.

Ok, I've just played it for an hour or so.

I like Mitsurugi's move set, so I can stop worrying about that.

The feel closer to 3 than to 2 or 1 so I'm not too pleased, but I'll get used to it.

I love Vader.

I love Astaroth but I hate his first costume.

I hate the right stick on the PS3 being so close to the buttons.

And I still rule because no one could beat me.

I'll pick it up but I'm not going to rush I don't think.

My 360 just died! And guess what? It took SCIV with it! YAYNESS!

Was so pissed off i through my 360 controller across the room, it hit my PC monitor, put a dent in the screen and the 360 controller died. All in all a good £200 worth of damage. Oh joy!

I think i'll just give up on gaming, the Wii is dull, the 360 is an unreliable piece of junk and i'm really not all that fussed by the PS3 right now. PC gaming is still great, but i only really play online and my net connection has gone to shit (along with the dent in the monitor and the lack of a headset due to 360 controller die-age)

Gonna go pop some perscription strength pills for this damned headache i've had for the past 3 days and go to bed i think....

The disk looks like a baby's been teething on it :( Not sure if the disk actually is broken tbh, it might just be the drive thats nackered

Thinking about it i might just get a replacement 360 from Microsoft, sell up and buy a new TV + PS3. For the amount i use the 360 for i doubt it'll make a huge amount of difference which console i own.

Got the game today, just couldn't resist getting my housemates addicted to a game where i could kick their arse . . . however they ended up humiliating me in the first couple of matches since they've totally nerfed Talim, my favorite character from SC II on the GC.

Anyone up for some fibre optic PSN play add me to your PSN friends list - Takeo73 :P

Finding the boss guy fucking solid with Ivy. Apprentice went down in straight rounds though. GAH!

I found The Apprentice to be a piece of piss, really can't see why people are struggling with him :hmm: The only character i don't like fighting is Lizardman, he's just bloody annoying!

Youch... You going to be able to send it back to Microsoft or do they only accept RRODs after a year?

They only accept RRODs after a year, everything else is £70. There are ways and means to force an RROD though, which is what i'll be doing when i get home tonight

They only accept RRODs after a year, everything else is £70. There are ways and means to force an RROD though, which is what i'll be doing when i get home tonight

Well fuck me. My PS3 has broken. The piece of shit wont read and BluRays.

The only think that I didn't want to break and it had to be the fucking PS3.

Well fuck me. My PS3 has broken. The piece of shit wont read and BluRays.

The only think that I didn't want to break and it had to be the fucking PS3.

Thats horrible. None of my japanese made stuff has ever broke. :heh:

Enjoying the game but it needs abiit of patching to get balancing sorted.

Its a good game but it could have been more.As it is. It feels abit like SC2 compared to SC1. Abit thin on content.