NEurope
Retro_Link

Soul Calibur IV

Okay, if you lot have stopped bitching.

Jeeze its like a load of retards trying to fuck a hosepipe.

Jeeze its like a load of retards trying to fuck a hosepipe.

Thats what I keep saying! Soul Calibur is way better! :heh:

I'm not telling you what to think, but my opinion is equally as important as yours. You hypocritical pigs get up in arms when I say what I think, when I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm just stating mine. Soul Calibur is in it's own way just as good as Tekken. I'm just saying that Tekken is deeper, and can be played in different ways. Soul Calibur is just a lot more accessible than Tekken is or ever will be, it's easier to get great at that game, because in SC the moves are simple and easy to pull off.

Some moves in Tekken are really really difficult to do, and other than that, the mechanisms of the two games aren't all that different. I like Tekken better because the difference between an experienced person and a n00b is much bigger than in Soul Calibur, which like DOA is one of those games where someone can come in and just mash buttons and do well unless the other person really knows how to play well.

See, I find Tekken akin to playing with mittens on, while horribly drunk. Everything moves so slowly and stiff, and it's basically a 2d fighter, only shinier.

SCII on the other hand is like playing liquid silk. Everything is so fast and natural it plays amazingly. True, it has a certain degree of constraints, but like all the best games, it's the rules that provide the pressure to create great gameplay. Ikaruga is a good example...

They're both 2 of the best fighters ever made, I just prefer Tekken, probably because I've spent inhuman hours mastering that game and know it inside out.

Ikaruga is...well, it's the most fun you can have without being forced to cuddle afterwards...

I loved SCII, was really good at it too! Played mostly as Maxi, his moves were pretty and i knew every one of them :)

Well look bard i see your logic but honestly maybe tekken got faster but dear god Tekken 2 and 3 were the slowest fighting games plus the graphics were quite bad.I'm not the biggest fan of soul caibur or tekken but

Soul blade owned tekken 2 and 3:)

That's just my opinion.

Tekken 2, was like, kinda suck, but Tekken 3 was immense, as for graphics, it had some of the best graphics on the system, and definately the best fighting system around on that console.

Hahah Tekken, me and my friend used to play that all the time. I was too lazy to learn the combos, so I backflip spammed with Law while he was doing all of Kings complicated combos. But I still won more often that not :p

King is ridiculously hard to use properly, but half of his grab combos take off more than half your life. The flipside is that he's really, really slow. Same with Marduk

All I can say is sexy, very sexy!

Whats the deal with Siegfried and the bird? (a dodo?)

Surely Ivy doesn't need to wear anything, it not like she is getting much support!

Any idea what version this is from?

Any idea what version this is from?
No, just said this...

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20645_soul-calibur-iv-premieres-images.html

Namco Bandai reveals the first images of Soul Calibur IV envisaged out of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 by the intermediary of American magazine EGM. With the program in this new shutter of the famous play of combat: an improvement of the system of creation and personalization of its character, an interactivity with the decorations more succeeded, the addition of new invited combatants, and especially the presence of a online mode. The exit of the play is planned for 2008.

I just hope the controls are as tight as the Dreamcast SC! The best one of the 3!

And I thought DOA was bad...

This should be good, Taki looks awesome but Tira looks a bit off. I never played SCIII so maybe thats why.

Quite alot of fighters to look forward to.

Ugh. WTF devs, learn to use HDR. That looks ridiculous. And Ivy's tits are too big, she doesn't look hot that way :/

I hate this stupid HDR usage, they just bloom everything to hell and it's suddenly an awesome looking game. The models seem good, so do the textures, but since they don't want to make realistic skin and don't want them to look like dolls, they just add HDR+1000 and everyone thinks it looks great.

070119.jpg

Soul Calibur 2 was one of my fave cube games so I can't wait for SC4.

The graphics look nice but IMO they've gone a bit ott with Ivy XD

But I'm not bothered about Ivy... as long as Xianghua is in it ;)

Bring back Soul Calibur II Talim and i'll be happy, she looked daft in the third game.

Ivy just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

that what I said when I saw the screenshots:smile:

Bring back Soul Calibur II Talim

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.:(

Bring back Soul Calibur II Talim and i'll be happy, she looked daft in the third game.

Never played the third but she was crap in the second actually the only charcater i would avoid.

Talim's awesome when she's used well...

eg

The second match is better though because the Maxi user is actually God. Seriously though, that shit is unholy.

That Maxi user is absoloute class, the way he ustilises Soul charges for gaurd breakers and with his movements... amazing. Bard, I don't think you too far away with your comments on that user. I was quite impressed with the Nightmare user to actually, they were clever despite Nightmares sluggish movements.

Man, Ivy needs to be the way she in Soul Calibur 2 in this, not three. Getting her sword in the whip state was better, amongst other things.

But Xianghua is the one (for me), I'd love to play anyone using her. Man this game is my system seller, question is, which one. I know most people here are 360 users, so probably getting for the 360, but the PS3 D-Pad is better... I'll just weigh it up closer to release date.

Fucking love Soul Calibur. Is number 3 any good? I heard it had some problems with combos or something.