N-Europe

Soul Calibur IV

Retro_Link

hmm, i'm starting to get interested in this game now (never played sc3 but played the first 2). Don't like how different versions have a different exclusive character! I would like to play as both! Although if the PS3 has bad slowdown as mentioned on IGN it will be a 360 purchase for me then...

Is there an estimated release date for this yet?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd just add to the general consensus and say that I am starting to look forward to this too. Played SC2&3 and liked it alot...this is looking good as well!

Definite purchase for me. I need a good beat em up.

Go for it dude, the arcade stick I got for my 360 a year ago was 80quid. What you've got there is a bargain. I'm thinking of getting another stick aswell, but I'm probably gonna wait for SF4 to come out, as HORI will probably release an exclusive octagonal gate one for it (the one I have right now is only 4 way, which makes quarter motions a bit more difficult).

Guest Jordan

Even you Bard have to admit, Soul Calibur can be played with a regular controller.

I mean, it being a 3D beat 'em up means an analouge works quite well, in comparison to say Street Fighter IV which will play ... not so well.

Even you Bard have to admit, Soul Calibur can be played with a regular controller.

I mean, it being a 3D beat 'em up means an analouge works quite well, in comparison to say Street Fighter IV which will play ... not so well.

Can't remember, but I think I still played SC with the Dpad.

Yeah, totally, I mean, SC2 is still one of the only fighters I've ever played that works quite well with an analogue stick of all things. A regular controller shouldn't handicap you like it does in VF or SF, but I still prefer the added utility of an arcade stick, so that's how I'll be playing.

Boxarts

sc4_vader_cover.jpg

sc4_yoda_cover.jpg

Soulcalibur_IV.png

From best to worst imo:

1. PAL PS3

2. JAP PS3

3. JAP 360

4. PAL 360

I'd say JAP PS3 is the best...I hate box arts where nothing is happening and its just a series of other pictures stuck together...I want a fight scene or some great art work...not just 3 character pictures, a sword and a logo slapped on a cover...

The 360 covers just look plain odd...

That's embarrassing. Proof at last that Star Wars is evil.

I'm not buying this.

You're not buying this because of box art you'll not really look at and 3 Star Wars characters you don't have to play as?

boxart is truly shite. Oh well, I'll just ignore it once I have a copy.

If it's as good as the first or second games, then you wont see much of the box and it wont leave your machine for quite awhile. The 3rd lacked something despite all they put into it.