Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

It is so ignorant hating England, because of the actions of a minority. Especially from people who are actually English!

Jeez, they are no better then the idiots abroad who think English football supporters are all hooligans because of bollocks that happened years ago by a minority of fans.

I expected better from you Ant. Especially how you moaned like a little girl when Liverpool fans got painted as thugs and cheats in the Uefa Champions League Final. And you then preached about how the Livepool fans were actually saints and just a minority acted like dickheads.

Double standards anybody?

Spot on. Anyway, it's total media shite about the English being hooligans. Look to eastern Europe, Italy and Argentina, now they have hooligans...

Maybe back in the 70s and early 80s English football had a problem, but not now.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are the most succesful team the past 10 years...

Yet he said we are living off past glories and having trophy less seasons, which has hardly been the case the past 7 years...

Past Glories...Like Carra said "Don't Talk to me about the so called glory years, these are the glory years"

I support England, but I boo Gary Neville. lol. England fans are a bit fucking crap though admittedly.

How is it alot of people hate the England team for that exact same reason...Who are you to criticise my perfectly legit reasons for having a dislike of the national side

Carragher was all set to be in the England Squad v France in '04 some Paper churns up the idea that Ledley King should start and look what happens?

And I don't hate England for being in London or hate it for Wembley being don't be so ignorant...

I hate the England team because it's full of players that shouldn't even be there, it support is moronic and irritating at best and it went and Booed Peter Crouch for some un-known bizarre reason. Some of the fans as well are clueless as well appear once during the tournaments claiming to know everything about football and just jumping the bandwagon. Plus them England Flags with the names which are not at all original and are just crap...

I hate the England team because it feels as if it's their right to win the World Cup but as long as we have a spineless manager with a team consistant ofplayers who had a good run it's just utterly pointless..

Darrius Vassel

Michael Ricketts

Andy Johnson

David Nugent!?

Naming a few there

I am not a very patriotic person and in my view in recent years the whole thing surrounding England has been a joke.

I haven't always had this opinion it's just been ever since 2004 where my love for the team has faded into oblivion, the media, the manager, the squads, the un-certainty and un-stable nature of the squad...

Ant, my passion has gone down for the national team a big lot too, but I don't think it's right to hate your own country's national team. Not giving a fuck about it is fine, but to hate is over the line.

Plus some of your reasons are nonsense. You hate the team because some players shouldn't be there? Yes, P Nev is an arse hole with over 50 caps, but look at Heskey at Liverpool. Picked over Fowler. Fucking dreadful.

As for the fans thinking they have the right to win the World Cup, I honestly don't see any one claiming it at all.

Yes you are the most succesful team the past 10 years...

Yet he said we are living off past glories and having trophy less seasons, which has hardly been the case the past 7 years...

Past Glories...Like Carra said "Don't Talk to me about the so called glory years, these are the glory years"

23 Carra gold <3

I support England, but I boo Gary Neville. lol. England fans are a bit fucking crap though admittedly.

Ant, my passion has gone down for the national team a big lot too, but I don't think it's right to hate your own country's national team. Not giving a fuck about it is fine, but to hate is over the line.

Plus some of your reasons are nonsense. You hate the team because some players shouldn't be there? Yes, P Nev is an arse hole with over 50 caps, but look at Heskey at Liverpool. Picked over Fowler. Fucking dreadful.

As for the fans thinking they have the right to win the World Cup, I honestly don't see any one claiming it at all.

23 Carra gold <3

It has gone down to hatred, it really has it's despiseable, tedious and a farce...

I ain't happy to say that either...

To be fair to Heskey, Fowler couldn't accept Owen and Heskey at the 00-02 time where among the best Partnerships in the Prem...

Mind you he should of been a regular in the mid-late 90's.....

And it's saying something when they play Wes Fucking Brown ahead of Carra

This topic is full of them unfortunately.

According to the ignorant, everyone else is ignorant. *sigh*

With Rooney out I think England will struggle which is a shame.

I maintain we are all ignorant bastards in this thread....

I'll leave it at that....:bowdown:

It has gone down to hatred, it really has it's despiseable, tedious and a farce...

I ain't happy to say that either...

LOL, yes, Wes Brown over Carra. WTF is that?? Carra should have been at least a starter for England ever since 04.

Liverpool Major Honors of the last decade -

League Cup - 2001/2002, 2002/2003

Champions League - 2004/2005

Uefa Cup - 2000/2001

European Super Cup - 2001, 2005

FA Cup - 2001/2002, 2005/2006

Charity Shield - 2001/2002, 2006/2007

FA Youth Cup - 2005/2006, 2006/2007

Total = 12

Manchester United Major Honors of the last Decade -

League title - 1996/1997, 1998/1999, 1999/2000, 2000/2001, 2002/2003, 2006/2007

FA Cup - 1998/1999, 2003/2004

League Cup - 2005/2006

Champions League - 1998/1999

Intercontinental Cup - 1999/2000

FA Youth Cup - 2003/2004

Charity Shield - 1996/1997, 1997/1998, 2003/2004, 2007/2008

Total = 16

Added to the fact are total is made up largely of League Titles and yours isn’t, I would say you have been far from the most successful team in England of the last Decade ;)

And yes I am judging this decade as the last 10 years. If you wanna talk about the 00 onwards, the fact you have not won the league (We have 3 times) and have League Cup wins and Uefa cup wins added to your total, it shows the difference in priorities in our clubs, you compete at the lower level ;)

Exactly. Anyone these days can rack up silverware as there are so many trophies to be won! But we all know that the big one is the Premiership.

LOL, yes, Wes Brown over Carra. WTF is that?? Carra should have been at least a starter for England ever since 04.

England had the perfect team in 2001...And shit happpend....

Carra should of been a starter right from that time, seriously what does he have to do to gain recognition?

I remember an Italian Article a few months back stating

"If Carragher was Italian we would build dynstanies around him""

Rumours have it he has been offered a place in the team to face Germany, Carra would be a fool to take it if he plays crap/unlikely he will be slated from all edges of the media...

I'm so proud to have him at our club should be club captain over Stevie G...

Exactly. Anyone these days can rack up silverware as there are so many trophies to be won! But we all know that the big one is the Premiership.

But you said trophy less season?

What is it, No League Titles or No Trophies What so Ever?

Well, for your ignorance and anti-English attitude I hope your useless team who have spent the last decade re-living their former glories has another trophy-less season

Contradiction...

We had Sol and Rio who were immense from 2001 to 2003 together. Carra was still behind Sami and Henchoz at Liverpool for centre back, and was played at left back a lot as well if I remember right? Hard to justify picking him over Sol and Rio 2001 - 2003. Carra really became World Class after Benitez came. He was always an excellent defender, and severely underrated, but after Benitez came, he jumped up another level.

England had the perfect team in 2001...And shit happpend....

Carra should of been a starter right from that time, seriously what does he have to do to gain recognition?

In 2001, Sol Campbell owned any English defender in the league. I'd say up until 2 years ago, he was the best defender our country had.

I'm so proud to have him at our club should be club captain over Stevie G...

I know people inside Liverpool prefer Carra, but I love Stevie Gerrard, and think he's a great captain. (I'm from the Wirral)

In 2001, Sol Campbell owned any English defender in the league. I'd say up until 2 years ago, he was the best defender our country had.

I agree, in 2001, he was probs one of the top 3 defenders in the World I reckon. Sol is still an awesome defender. One shaky season at Arse, and people slagged him off. He was quality last season.

Deffo, Carra at the time would of been relatively young 24 maybe....

Bah hence the reason I hate England, it's players who just didn't get the recognition and the players who didn't nessesary warrant it, get it...

As for Stevie G and Carra, I guess I still haven't 100% forgiven Gerrard for the Chelsea transfer scenario...

Carra just says the right things and does them, never been in any trouble worth of major note as well...

Class Act, on and Off the pitch....

Keeps his head down as well instead of Gerrard he sold his Wedding Pictures to the Kop magazine for a £1!!!!

regarding the sending off and red card discussion.

personally i think he should be sent off as it could have given evra a broken leg. those kind of challenges are career threatening. remember keane vs city? and many more.

the fact that teams like blackburn, everton, darby, wigan and middlsborough (and other clubs) play such a physical game, much like a battle feild (mainly coz they cant play proper football) rather than a football match, actually means they deserve to get sent off.

remember what happened to ronaldo VS Boro last year? pure hate, just coz the defender has to ability to match ronaldo, he goes on and takes him out.

i think the FA should crack down on teams that apply this physical approach to games to protect players from some thugs that are practically in the wrong sport (better off in rugby or boxing).

regarding the sending off and red card discussion.

personally i think he should be sent off as it could have given evra a broken leg. those kind of challenges are career threatening. remember keane vs city? and many more.

I'm sorry but thats a load of shite. That tackle was not 'career threatening', and it definitely was not a leg breaker. Had Evra not jumped and had his studs in the ground then maybe yes it would have caused serious damage. But the matter is, Evra jumped and eased the blow to his foot, note foot not leg.

As for comparing what Keane did to Alf Inge Haaland thats just outrageous. Keane intentionally went in to hurt and did hurt Haaland, what Kitson is no where near comparable. He went for the ball, and miss timed the challenge. (Assuming Keane vs City, means this incident).

I'm sorry but thats a load of shite. That tackle was not 'career threatening', and it definitely was not a leg breaker. Had Evra not jumped and had his studs in the ground then maybe yes it would have caused serious damage. But the matter is, Evra jumped and eased the blow to his foot, note foot not leg.

exactly, evra had to act o prevent damage, he shouldnt have to do that, under what justification is it possible to launge like that at the ball? evra is under no obligation to raise his foot to prevent harm. ie, there was danger to the player with the ball to be damaged. thats why almost all challenges from behind are red cards should the ref see that there was/is danger to player in posession.

edit: rofl at ants love for over-rated liverpool players, ahh i remember when they (liverpool fans) glorified mcmanimen(sp?) and compared him to the great Giggs. its like comparing alan shearer to clinton morrison. another one was "Kewlle to be better than giggs".

edit 2: carrager wouldnt make it to anyone dream team either apart from liverpool fans ones. defenders id put before i chose him include rio, vidic, terry, toure, carvalhio, ben hiem and dawson

exactly, evra had to act o prevent damage, he shouldnt have to do that, under what justification is it possible to launge like that at the ball? evra is under no obligation to raise his foot to prevent harm. ie, there was danger to the player with the ball to be damaged. thats why almost all challenges from behind are red cards should the ref see that there was/is danger to player in posession.

Firstly it was not a tackle from behind. And Kitson showed no intent to harm the player, his eyes were on the ball, it was just a missed timed challenge. I've seen a lot worse go by with no card.

Secondly, what is this ballet dancing or football. Players should be able to take a challenge, of course not expecting to break a limb. But they are use to taking a challenge. Hell when I use to play football I rarely stayed on the deck, and I'd say I'm not a tough man at all.

edit 2: carrager wouldnt make it to anyone dream team either apart from liverpool fans ones. defenders id put before i chose him include rio, vidic, terry, toure, carvalhio, ben hiem and dawson

I'd only put Toure and Terry in front of him, Vidic probably equal, if I was totally honest.

ROFL you ass fuck Liverpool players to death. In no way was Carragher the best english defender in 2001, Sol and Rio were much more consistent and better on the form ratio's. Carragher was not the first name on the team sheet back then at all, heck he was more of a squad player and was 25% of the player he is now. Hell even John Woodgate was better back then. But you didnt even have pubes back then, so I wouldnt expect you to remember.

Carragher has only risen to prominence and looked really good since the 2003/2004 season

Wait a minute, the way I read that Ant was agreeing that Sol was better than Carra in 2001, it just missed some punctuation.

I'd say Woodgates better then King but given that neither of them have played more then 20 games for there clubs in the last 3 seasons i'd rather have Toure.

Woodgate is amazing. Massively underrated. Shame about his injuries.

WTF Hobbz I am Agreeing Sol Cambell was one of the best defender in the world...I was just saying that Carra would of been 24 at the time and Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't he in the Squad that beat Germany 5-1...Carra that is?

Jesus you are quick to jump down my throat aren't you?

Besides Max It isn't just Liverpool Fans that put Carra in their dream team alot of people rate him...

Anyway My Best Defenders are...

Carra

Terry

Woodgate

Agger

Toure....

As for comparing what Keane did to Alf Inge Haaland thats just outrageous. Keane intentionally went in to hurt and did hurt Haaland, what Kitson is no where near comparable. He went for the ball, and miss timed the challenge. (Assuming Keane vs City, means this incident).

I Know how can you compare them both???

Also Once Again

defenders id put before i chose him include rio, vidic, terry, toure, carvalhio, ben hiem and dawson

I mean Terry and Rio are probably justified, but Ben Haim, Carvaliho, DAWSON!?

Jesus Man Opinions are one thing but backing it up is another, Dawson is good but to chose them players ahead of Carra is mind shockingly bias or you are just taking the piss....

Best Defenders for me

Rio - My opinion the best defender in the Premiership....Strong, pace, cool defender....aint bad infront of goal

Terry - No one can argue...heart of Chelsea's team

Carra - Awesome attitude, great defender for Liverpool

Toure

Campbell

Best Defenders for me

Rio - My opinion the best defender in the Premiership....Strong, pace, cool defender....aint bad infront of goal

Terry - No one can argue...heart of Chelsea's team

Carra - Awesome attitude, great defender for Liverpool

Toure

Campbell

you forgot Nosworthy! :heh:

Just kidding. I think Terry is better than ferdinand, and woodgate would be in there too if he could stay fit.