Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shout either way.

:D

Anyway I watched some of the game myself, thought Malouda did well to score, Ronaldo shows how he can work is magic literally within the blink of an eye.

And Both set of fans showed how quiet they both can be.....*Runs Ducks For Cover*

And Both set of fans showed how quiet they both can be.....*Runs Ducks For Cover*

Talking of fans, how shocking was it to see fans leaving before the penalties. Its a norm at the Emirates to see people leave early and it pisses me off. Why come if you've got to leave early. Its an obvious factor the tube will be busy so make sure you have adequate time.

Talking of fans, how shocking was it to see fans leaving before the penalties. Its a norm at the Emirates to see people leave early and it pisses me off. Why come if you've got to leave early. Its an obvious factor the tube will be busy so make sure you have adequate time.

To be fair the Chelsea fan that i saw take his Children out did them a favor,make sure they don't see them as losers...

Convert them back to Glory Hunting United Fans ;)

My thoughts on the title race for the new season:

Us - I think we have really added depth to our squad with the signings and Nani + Anderson will serve as long term replacements for Scholesy and Giggs. The fact Fergie is considering the future already, is very positive and shows he means buisness. Hargreaves has added that anchor we have lacked since Keano left and he will make us 10X as strong in europe, last season we lost to Milan because of the lack of a defensive midfielder imo. As far as the title is concerned, we have just signed an explosive striker who will partner another explosive striker. If they can function and the rest of our attack plays like last season, it is hard to see anybody catching us.

Chelsea - Terry being out for the first month is HUGE for them. Last season injuries stopped them from getting off to that quick start, and gettin that quick start is usually the deciding factor in who wins the league. Malouda was a great signing, but there is still serious doubts to which formation Jose will play with. If they can keep there squad fit, they will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt. Even so, I believe Chelsea are still lacking the right man to partner Drogba and I dont think Glen Johnson can do it at Chelsea, so the right back spot has a question mark on it.

Liverpool - Definetly added strength to their attack and Torres was a brilliant signing. I think he will do a very good job up top, but I dont think he will be a prolific goal scorer. The big Liverpool needed to add was wingers and they have done that, but again I am not sure they have done it well. Yossi to me is a player who belongs at a middle table club and I dont think he has the pedigree to really make an impact at Liverpool. Babel looks very versatile and can play in various positions, he is looking like a good signing but time will tell. But do Liverpool really have better wingers then Chelsea, United or even Spurs? I dont think they do. Where Liverpool are really fucked though imo and looked weak last season was the left back spot, Riise just isnt a good defender he is a good left winger. With Heinze prolli not coming and Baines going to Everton, it looks like another season with a big weak spot.

Arsenal - Everybody is writing them off too soon. Sure Henry has left, but Wenger is still a great coach who can get the best out of young players. The players at the club will now finally get there chance to shine and with Fabregas, Gallas and Van Persie as the spine of the team, they can still do a very good job. If Arsenal can iron out there inconsistency and beat the littler teams week in and week out as well, they will be up there. I am still not convinced they have the depth in there squad, needed to win the title. I mean, a couple of injuries and they dont have the players chelsea and united have to fall back on. Either way, they will vastly improve on last year.

Top 4 -

1 United

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

I think the top 2 will remain the same and Arsenal will really have a go and at times look like they can win it. This season there young guns will show their promise and the HUGE expectations from Liverpool supporters will not be matched, due to the questions over Rafa's signings. Torres will come good, but the team will never really look like they have what it takes to go that extra mile. Spurs will challenge, but once again fall short and John Terry's injury will really damage Chelsea from getting off to a quick start, due to the inexperience of the replacements.

Liverpool or Arsenal will win the FA Cup

2 English teams will reach the semi's of the Champions League Again

Derby will 100% go down, with who I dont know.

and West Ham, Pompey, Spurs, Villa will all challenge for europe

Thats me verdict :)

I agree with 85% of what you said...

The things I don't....

Heinze Will Come to Liverpool, Fergie is clutching onto straws. Unless theirs evidence there I don't know about he will be a Liverpool Player soon enough.

We Will Finish 2nd

Pretty Much it....

Arsenal - Everybody is writing them off too soon. Sure Henry has left, but Wenger is still a great coach who can get the best out of young players. The players at the club will now finally get there chance to shine and with Fabregas, Gallas and Van Persie as the spine of the team, they can still do a very good job. If Arsenal can iron out there inconsistency and beat the littler teams week in and week out as well, they will be up there. I am still not convinced they have the depth in there squad, needed to win the title. I mean, a couple of injuries and they dont have the players chelsea and united have to fall back on. Either way, they will vastly improve on last year.

Top 4 -

1 United

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

Liverpool or Arsenal will win the FA Cup

Thats a lot better than most of the pundits, papers and god knows who else are predicting us. :) I'd take the FA Cup, love the trophy.

I think Villa will have a good season, we've bought some good players in Reo-Coker and Harewood, and add that to the quality that's already at Villa, and you have a team that could be pushing for a place in Europe.

I agree with you actually. Everyone seems to be looking at Tottenham and Newcastle to be the teams to challenge the top four. But I reckon Villa could be a surprise package, maybe not Champions League, but definitely pushing for Europe with a few shock results.

Sorry Villan, I've probably just jinxed your season.

I agree with you actually. Everyone seems to be looking at Tottenham and Newcastle to be the teams to challenge the top four. But I reckon Villa could be a surprise package, maybe not Champions League, but definitely pushing for Europe with a few shock results.

Sorry Villan, I've probably just jinxed your season.

Eh, it happens. ::shrug:

And Villian mate, I definetly think this is Villas year. You have underachieved for too long, with Ellis gone there will be a buzz all around the club and O Neil will now know what to do, to take things up a notch.

All O'Neill planned to do last season was keep us in the Premiership, the only reason we had that mid-season slump was because of an injury crisis, if that hadn't happened we could've finished higher, or qualified for Europe.

But this season, he's getting started, MON will really show what he can do with Aston Villa, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does.

All O'Neill planned to do last season was keep us in the Premiership, the only reason we had that mid-season slump was because of an injury crisis, if that hadn't happened we could've finished higher, or qualified for Europe.

But this season, he's getting started, MON will really show what he can do with Aston Villa, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does.

They looked Impressive Against Inter thats all I gotta say

How the fudgery did Ashley Cole get man of the match? If anyone should have got it, it was Patrice Evra, who had an outstanding game. Or Glen Johnson, who also played exceptional.

Sorry Flinky but Glen Johnson was rubbish, he looked like he was going to shit himself whenever he was left one on one, kept staying back when the rest of the Chelsea defence was pushing up and kept losing his man on corners. Cashley shouldnt have been motm either. Malouda if its a Chelsea player or Evra for a United player.

Heres one for you pick a player or two in your squad which will be one to watch this season....Not your Gerrards, or Ronney's, Lampards etc etc

For me, Voronin I think he will come up top trumps, he isn't here to replace Fowler, he is here to replace Bellamy and become a prominant figure in the squad.

The other player is Babel I think he will severely underestimated and will show class through his strength and skil...

I'm going to go with Armand Traore, the lad played a few games last season and he's been prominant in pre-season. He plays left back and can play left wing, typical Arsenal full back, lots of speed and likes to get up the wing and exchange passes with the winger and create runs. He's pretty tough too, he use to be a kick boxer. I'm hoping he can get a few games this season.

Rosicky, I think the man will come into new light this season. He ended the season exceptionally well for us after a few injuries. Got a few goals, he's being played out of position on the left wing but he does ok, I'm expecting some top quality performances and a few more goals.

I'm going to go with Armand Traore, the lad played a few games last season and he's been prominant in pre-season. He plays left back and can play left wing, typical Arsenal full back, lots of speed and likes to get up the wing and exchange passes with the winger and create runs. He's pretty tough too, he use to be a kick boxer. I'm hoping he can get a few games this season.

Rosicky, I think the man will come into new light this season. He ended the season exceptionally well for us after a few injuries. Got a few goals, he's being played out of position on the left wing but he does ok, I'm expecting some top quality performances and a few more goals.

Traore looks fucking superb when I have seen him play...

I went to the 6-3 Demolition game, last season t'was funny if I'm being honest the Arsenal fans where in good voice, I was sitting behind some ignorant sod shouting Bring Reina off when Dudek was in goal...

But yes virtually all of Arsenal's youngsters should be watched this season..

I liked Song as well

Im just not convinced by Newcastle or Man City, dont ask me why. I just have a really strong feeling, it could go tits up at either club. Newcastle still have that weak defence and City have signed so many new players, it will take too long for them to gel.

If Newcastle can keep those big 4 up front fit though (viduka, smith, owen and martins), add them to my 'Pushing for europe" list. City will finish 9th or 10th at best imo.

And Villian mate, I definetly think this is Villas year. You have underachieved for too long, with Ellis gone there will be a buzz all around the club and O Neil will now know what to do, to take things up a notch.

Ameobi is better than Smith, Luque might prove himself - it looks that way

Guest Stefkov

Watching the replay of the match last night it made me rememeber why I love and hate football.

I hate it because they're all big friggin drama queens, which I hate so much. Just get up and play on ffs.

I love it because it's something to watch.