Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Every team plays in their own way, so please don't go off on one. They might be less entertaining than United but they are still a big club. They are doing things right. Their transfers as well as statements from Benitez suggest that they are looking to score more goals.

I do find them boring yes, but who cares?

Couldn't said it better myself, Benitez hasn't done what he has by playing shit Football...

I still believe however he wants to get a team the same mould he had at Valencia....

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team plays in their own way, so please don't go off on one. They might be less entertaining than United but they are still a big club. They are doing things right. Their transfers as well as statements from Benitez suggest that they are looking to score more goals.

I do find them boring yes, but who cares?

i didnt say anything about liverpool not being a big club, but i expect them to up their standerds. They are opposit of arsenal, they play great football to dead ends, while liverpool/chealsea play efficient football for success and not entertainment and if you look at football now, its a bussiness and you need to keep people coming back. i expect a league with 3-4 teams playing entertaining football much like the barca, real combi. the only teams that are doing that in the prem are united and arsenal(without result) to some extrent and spurs.

i do hope things change.

i didnt say anything about liverpool not being a big club, but i expect them to up their standerds. They are opposit of arsenal, they play great football to dead ends, while liverpool/chealsea play efficient football for success and not entertainment and if you look at football now, its a bussiness and you need to keep people coming back. i expect a league with 3-4 teams playing entertaining football much like the barca, real combi. the only teams that are doing that in the prem are united and arsenal(without result) to some extrent and spurs.

i do hope things change.

Arsenal are agreat club to watch but as I said, we don't have Thierry Henry's or Christiano Ronaldo's in our team to provide entertaining football...

We have Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant, they aren't household names but they are doing their jobs....

Besides Succes>>>>>Entertainment....

i do hope things change.

Did you even watch Real Madrid last year, Comedy defence aside there matches ont he whole where about as exciting as the FA cup final.

and also

ENTERTAINMENT = more interest (More Praise from media) = more glory hunters = more money = SUCCESS

Edited for Truth....

I admit entertaining football is brilliant but I couldn't give a damn as long as we were succesful

You don't get more points for scoring over head kicks, it's always 3 points for a 1 win, one for a draw as long as you get the points who cares how?

The Villa have been boring in the last few years, but, I couldn't care less so long as we get some more trophies.

Anyway, I'm going down to Villa Park today to watch the Pre-season Friendly against Inter Milan, got the tickets today, should be a good match. :grin:

The Villa have been boring in the last few years, but, I couldn't care less so long as we get some more trophies.

Anyway, I'm going down to Villa Park today to watch the Pre-season Friendly against Inter Milan, got the tickets today, should be a good match. :grin:

Have a good one mate. :smile:

i do hope things change.

What the fuck are you talking about? :wtf:

Liverpool and Chelsea both play boring football, thought that was commonly accepted? Just look at the champions league encounters between the 2, sleep worthy. With that said, I cannot hate on Jose or Rafa's styles as it gets the job done. I guess as a Man United fan I am just too used to attacking and fluent football, so it irritates the fuck outta me when the other top 4 teams dont play like us. Chelsea are definetly bigger culprits then Liverpool though

Only the neutrals could not understand how fucking nerve racking that game was...

Bah I'm not assed anyway, as long as we win things...

Liverpool and Chelsea both play boring football, thought that was commonly accepted? Just look at the champions league encounters between the 2, sleep worthy. With that said, I cannot hate on Jose or Rafa's styles as it gets the job done. I guess as a Man United fan I am just too used to attacking and fluent football, so it irritates the fuck outta me when the other top 4 teams dont play like us. Chelsea are definetly bigger culprits then Liverpool though

erm.....what about Arsenal?

Arsenal are up there too, been playing with a great to watch attacking style for years now.

Just last season it could not shovel shit to the way we played. It was all too much passing and too little end product.

LOL. We out played you boys twice and you give us a comment like that. We play the best passing game in the league, we just so happen to be the best at missing the goal.

So what if you did? Over the space of the season you did not play better attacking football then us. Our goal record and league title sorta add proof to the theory. Games like the bolton home game were just magic to watch, seeing Arsenal over pass the ball and end up running into a shut door wasnt what I would call entertainment.

Into the American mindset already? Where goals = entertainment.

Some games we had immense amounts of opportunities to score, games like West Ham at home were we had around 20 shots (on and off target) and Fulham where we had 29. Like I previously said, we played awesome football, just didn't find the net enough last season.

Leeds lost to Wigan today at Elland Road 2-1. Not bad considering Wigan are a Premiership outfit.

Beckford equalised, and Koumas scored a second to win it for them.

Happy enough with that.

Also Leeds are 14/1 to win League 1 even with a 15 point deduction. If we manage to have those reduced at all expect those odds to shorten dramatically!

Not a bad bet at all...

(also Beckford is 16/1 to be top scorer in the league too...hmmm)

Leeds lost to Wigan today at Elland Road 2-1. Not bad considering Wigan are a Premiership outfit.

Beckford equalised, and Koumas scored a second to win it for them.

Happy enough with that.

Also Leeds are 14/1 to win League 1 even with a 15 point deduction. If we manage to have those reduced at all expect those odds to shorten dramatically!

Not a bad bet at all...

(also Beckford is 16/1 to be top scorer in the league too...hmmm)

Leeds don't have a chance of winning the league even without a points deduction.

Into the American mindset already? Where goals = entertainment.

Well, imo, it was rather entertaining to see Arsenal running into "a shut door" as Hobz put it. To be honest, it was more frustrating watching them than entertaining. Just SHOOOOT, dammit. This isn't a training exercise. The whole point of a football match is for the ball to end up in your opponent's net. Then, repeat that 5 points for great justice.

Actually my point was that our goal record was not only the best in the Premiership, but we also had the most amount of goal scorers. Basically everybody from every position chipped in and that is the mark of a team that plays great football.

Comparing Arsenals easy on the eyes, no end product style to the attacking style which won Manchester United the title last season is sort of stupid. I am not doubting that Arsenal play decent football, just saying it is a fact we played better football last season.

There is no denying, goal wise United were better, but I'd still think our passing and build up were better. United won the title because they were able to dig out results, a title winning team is one that can still win when playing rubbish, last season when we were rubbish we lost or drew.

As for this season we just won our second pre-season tournament, beating Ajax 1-0 to win the Amsterdam Tournament. Eduardo looked like he had a bit of fighting spirit, and Van Persie is looking sharp. Looking forward to sunday now.

Assists, Goals, everything we led on and for a reason. Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs passes > anyone in the Arsenal squad.

scholes passing was out of this world last season. giggs was class too.

memorable games from last season: United Vs Everton, United Vs Bolton, United Vs Roma, United Vs milan, United Vs Reading, United Vs Watford. great games with loadsa goals and drama from going behind to make comback to total smashing of roma.