Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we do it's a miracle. Because it's looking like we probably won't even start this season.

Ken Bates really is a tool...

Anyway in other news Lucas Neil has came out and said he is desperate for CL Football..

Fuck him he chose Money over Glory...

Twunt...

The best and worst of Alan Smith:

Villa Real's official site says we've signed Jose Enrique, the Chronicle, Lancashire Evening Post, & Mirror say we're back in for Baines and apparently we've just signed Dragutinovic!

Finally all kicking off on the transfer front :D

EDIT:

Caçapa has now signed a two year deal

010278334505700ob3.gif

Torres Scored Today, looked excellent, Lieva the young Brazillian looked good but most of all I was impressed with Leto...Fucking Awesome Game..

Granted it was a shit opposition but none the less good performances all around

Gerrard got the other with a superb delicate strike in top right hand corner from Just outside the box...

Torres Scored Today, looked excellent, Lieva the young Brazillian looked good but most of all I was impressed with Leto...Fucking Awesome Game..

Granted it was a shit opposition but none the less good performances all around

Gerrard got the other with a superb delicate strike in top right hand corner from Just outside the box...

The were some good performances but I thought the game as a whole wasnt exactly great. Very scrappy and not a particularly good one to watch.

The best and worst of Alan Smith:

Villa Real's official site says we've signed Jose Enrique, the Chronicle, Lancashire Evening Post, & Mirror say we're back in for Baines and apparently we've just signed Dragutinovic!

Finally all kicking off on the transfer front :D

EDIT:

Caçapa has now signed a two year deal

010278334505700ob3.gif

Cacapa great signing from what I've seen I really rate him!

Bollocks...

As happy as I am we are allowed play football this year, we could be in serious trouble again.

It's not as if we have a squad that can overturn a 15 point deduction from day 1??

I think even the best squads in the world would find it hard to overturn that points deduction and challenge for promotion. It probably means a second season in League One and the financial problems that will bring about.

I think given the situtation the club is in they've made some good signings. Elano and Martin Petrov are both class. Suprised a bigger club didnt want Elano personally. Corluka looks decent from the 2 matches ive seen of him. Ditto Bianchi. Bojinov is a **** and I doubt he'll settle. I havent seen anything of Geovani or Fernandes mind.

But given the squad Sven inherited hes improved all areas that needed it imo they'll finish in the top half. Wether they'll do enough to get into Europe I doubt, purely because Pompey/West Ham are a year ahead of them and Spurs/Everton/Blackburn have better sides.

Quite looking forward to Sven showing all the clueless morons that hes actualy a pretty good manager and England were fools to get rid of him the way they did.

Looking forward to the Prem starting again.....even more happier that there is some footy over the weekend.

First its Ajax vs Arsenal in the Amsterdam Tournament (will be watching that through my "tv") and then on sunday its the charity shield!!

Football ftw!

I didnt say he was brilliant, but the situation that led up to getting rid of him and the clown we replaced him with. I think england should never have gotten rid of him, but thats old ground.

In other news Colchester have signed Kevin Lisbie :weep: If he gets 5 goals i'll start defending Steve McClarens apointment as England boss.

I didnt say he was brilliant, but the situation that led up to getting rid of him and the clown we replaced him with. I think england should never have gotten rid of him, but thats old ground.

In other news Colchester have signed Kevin Lisbie :weep: If he gets 5 goals i'll start defending Steve McClarens apointment as England boss.

Said it once and I'll say it again again, once the London Press stop dictacting who gets in the ******* England Side and a manager with spine then thats when we will become succesful...

question ant, do you lots actually have antfeild at maximum capacity all season round (including lower fixtures eg, Liverpool Vs Wigan). if not then i se no point for the expansion, if yes then thats justified as lots of fans cant get it.

that was the main reason for Old trafford expansion, too many sell out matches forced the expansion and extra cash from excecutive (the quadrons).

question ant, do you lots actually have antfeild at maximum capacity all season round (including lower fixtures eg, Liverpool Vs Wigan). if not then i se no point for the expansion, if yes then thats justified as lots of fans cant get it.

that was the main reason for Old trafford expansion, too many sell out matches forced the expansion and extra cash from excecutive (the quadrons).

Liverpool always fill their part of the stadium and always sell all their tickets, it's just the away end that bring the attendance down.

We have 54,000-60,000 people on the waiting list with currently 30,000 season tickets being allocated for the stadium, the rest go to PTS and Fan Card holders, but Season Ticket Holders always get first choice, if they do not apply for a ticket they get passed onto PTS and then fan card holders.

Their is roughley about 15,000 PTS, Fan Card Tickets available per match. If we cannot sell by then they go to Gneral Sale which has not happend in a long time.

So putting the sums together you have well over 80,000 people wanting tickets for Liverpool games so a new stadium is pretty much needed.

Hope that Clears it up....

well lets hope that makes your football more entertaining. lets be honest, liverpool have died down entertainment wise when hullier (sp?) took contral untill now. things have improved slightly but still not good enough. Liverpool and chelsea to me are very similer football style teams, quite boring. raise it up a gear and stop this caucious (sp?) approach to matches.

Every team plays in their own way, so please don't go off on one. They might be less entertaining than United but they are still a big club. They are doing things right. Their transfers as well as statements from Benitez suggest that they are looking to score more goals.

I do find them boring yes, but who cares?