N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Besides this isn't bias or anything but how can Tevez be called a hot player when he really only turned it on when it matters, for 8/10ths of the season he went missing for the 'ammers.

It could of course be argued that Tevez turned it on when he was moved from Right Midfield to up front....

Edit: Might want to check Berbatovs assist tally compared to Kuyts not just his goals.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch's value has definetly gone up, but Liverpool are over pricing him. He is worth 13 mill max.

I don't think Crouch will perform any better at any other club in England, if he were to move abroad I think he will be rated more highly. His First Touch and the time on the ball he will be given will only show his qualities.

I hope we don't sell him myself, Infact I don't think we have come out and said £20 Million if you want him. It is really just press speculation.

I do agree in that aspect if Someone was to offer us the better side of £12.5 Million I would seriously consider it...If we had a better replacement of course.

Peter Crouch for £20 Million just shows the overpriced nature of English Players and why so few play abroad, I think if you in the £20 million plus region of transfer fee you must be world class, otherwise how can you justify spending so much. I think Peter Crouch is a good player defo (loved him when he played for Pompey but £4.4 million was a lot of money to us back then) but he not good enough to warrant that kinda spending.

I don't think Darren Bent is either, neither are a lot of English Players. I mean look at Curtis Davies, he has been quoted at £10 million in the past to some Premiership clubs and how is he worth that? No senior caps, very little top flight experience, you could buy some 20+ capped internationals with a hell of a lot more experience even for his age for less than that.

im sure ant would disagree. :P

agreed with regards to english players generally over priced even though they are at lower quality (Bent 17 million, crouch 20 million while players like van nistelrooy 10-15 million, klose 11 million, toni 5 million, Quagliarella estimated at 7 million, henry 17 million). all those player are miles ahead in regards to quality compared to crouch.

PS. Brazil win copa america 3-0 with good goals from baptista and alvez.

PSS. alves has great potential, great dribbling and crossing and amaizing speed and technique, should see him for chelsea next season but can he hack the EPL?

Fulham has signed Healy, Konchesky, Baird, Hughes, Kamara. My despair is beginning to fade. One I'm not too sure about is Konchesky, he's meant to be a full back but I seem to remember him as more of an attacking player down the touchline.

Only a Liverpool fan as biased as Ant could put Crouch in the top ten.

By that theory, Saha is at least top 5 lol...

I'm not biased I just think I know a good football player when I see one...Crouch is very good I do think he warrants a place in the top 10 strikers in Europe. I see him week in week out, he is a class act.

Bah, I give up

Says this on the BBC website:

Police raid three football clubs

Police have raided three football clubs as part of an investigation into alleged corruption in football.

Newcastle United is believed to be one of the clubs raided but the other clubs involved have yet to be named.

The operation is not connected to Lord Stevens' ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premiership and was "totally independent", police said.

Search warrants were executed on the club premises and two homes between 0730 and 0900 BST.

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders."

Link

Maybe it's to do with the claim Newcastle are big club, despite not winning anything for a good 40 years now.

Haha, a Liverpool fan daring to have a pop about a club living on past glories.

Honestly, you win a mickey mouse cup a few times and think you're Man U.

EDIT: One of the other clubs is Rangers. Hmm, wonder what the connection could be there. Wonder if the other club will also be one Souness managed.

Haha, a Liverpool fan daring to have a pop about a club living on past glories.

Honestly, you win a mickey mouse cup a few times and think you're Man U.

Two Champions League finals in three years. Or is that a Mickey Mouse cup?

That's what I was talking about.

Statement on SSN by the club says they're not the subject of the police investigation, and that if it's shown we're the victims of corruption then we'll take appropriate action. Other club being looked at by police is Pompey.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!