N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

I'm bored of the two horse title races that the Premiership has seen for a decade or so. I would like to see Liverpool challenging, I would love to see Arsenal's Young guns being the suprise package and Spurs up there too - Obviously, as long as we win it still :D

My point is, it would be classy if the Premiership did a La Liga as far as the race for the title was concerned and had more then 2 teams challenging. Then there really would be no arguments to it being the best league in the world.

I dont trust Benitez, He is an awesome manager no doubt and in europe knows his tactics perfectly. However, im not convinced with his signings since he has been with you - for every decent player, theres been a complete shocker.

Whether he can bring in "top class" talent is very much up for debate and that is regardless of the size of his budget.

Good post mate. I would love the premiership to be more open too but I can't see that happening. But in saying that, I think the gap between the top teams and the "lower" ones are getting smaller.

Agreed about Benitez comment too. Liverpool keep buying players who are a bit "iffy".

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

united to sign Quagulaire (sp?) for around 8-10 million? amaizing talent, pitty rossi wont get more chances next year either.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1778_2360348,00.html

PS, iv been hearing liverpool fan say "watch us next season" for the past 11 season (since FA cup loss to united). all we seen was them fail mysrably(sp?). you cant win with players like arrullio, crouch (i thing hes as shit as it gets), bellamy, kout (hard work alone gets you no where), fowler (was good 7 years ago), pennant (not good enough for top flight), xabi alonso (excellent passer and hard worker but nothing That special), luis garcier (versitile player but so is K. richardson), Gonzales (no results found), zenden (was good in 2002), sissoko (great tackler and dedicated hard worker, admire his determination, love to laf at his passing).

PSS, you also need 2 seasons before team gels together and play good, look at united for past 3 season. arsenal are going through that stage now.

ill be waiting till 2010 before you can fight for title unless you do a chelsea and grab eto, torres, silva, kaka and robben then thats ok.

PSSS, you also lack a playmeker, gerrard cant do everything!

edit: hobbzinio beat me in analysing liverpool. also, remember houlier signings? hahaha.

Rafa Signings -

The Crap:

JOSEMI - Utter Shit

PAUL ANDERSON - Who?

CRAIG BELLAMY - Very Questionable

FERNANDO MORIENTES - Flop

BOUDEWIJN ZENDEN - Utter Shit

ANTONIO NUNEZ - Utter Shit

AURELIO - Shit

JAN KROMKAMP - Utter Shit

ANTONIO BARRAGAN - Utter shit, who was sold quicker then Linford Christie

JACK HOBBS - Reserve Bound For Life

DAVID MARTIN - Never going to be used.

MARK GONZALEZ - Utter Shit

ROBBIE FOWLER - Was always passed it.

GABRIEL PALETTA - Utter Shit

Says it all really...

I love the fact you have clased 5 under 19s as shit because they didnt break into the first team straight away. Barragan is actualy pretty decent and Liverpool can buy him back from Deportivo at any time for the fee they got for him, so its a loan deal basicaly. Also labeling Aurelio as shit in his first season in the premiership when he was injured for more than half of it :D

FOREIGN PLAYER TAKING TIME TO SETTLE INTO THE PREMIERSHIP SHOCKER

I take it if Nani is not as good as Ronaldo within his first 5 games you will be labeling him as Utter shit.

Another thing to point out Bellamy aside none of those players cost more than a ocuple of million I.e they;re squad players/ youth teamers.

Darren Bent has turned down a move to West Ham United, Charlton confirmed on Thursday night.

The two clubs had agreed a fee for the 23-year-old England international, who has top scored for Charlton for the past two Premiership campaigns.

But after negotiations with the Hammers, the striker has rejected a switch to Upton Park and the chance to be reunited with the man who brought him to The Valley in August 2004, current Hammers boss Alan Curbishley.

Charlton chief executive Peter Varney said: "We set a valuation for Darren and West Ham were the only club prepared to meet that valuation.

"This morning we gave them permission to speak to Darren, which he did, and he has decided not to join West Ham.

"We therefore look forward to Darren starting with us in the Championship next season, which is a massive boost to our chance of returning to the Premier League.â€

Bit of a shock that one. Still think he'll be off before the end of the summer despite what Charlton say.

PSS, you also need 2 seasons before team gels together and play good, look at united for past 3 season. arsenal are going through that stage now.

Agreed. Us gooners are going through this patch where players need to gel together. We've had great teams in the past years and as our team has changed so much over the years through players leaving and new ones coming in, its natural for a team to take time to develop.

Tbf Charlton want 17 million because 25% of any fee goes to Ipswich. Which means they value him at about 12 million which is about right given the ammount of goals hes scored for them and his age.

ohhh yea!!! Forgot about that...

Spurs would be fools to spend all that on Bent when Defoe is every bit as good, if not better.

You put Defoe at a club like Charlton, where the club relies on his goal's and he starts every fixture - his goal record would be just as good...

Martin Jol is getting a bit too greedy by the looks of it.

You speak sense my man. 100% in agreement. :smile:

JOSEMI - Utter Shit

PAUL ANDERSON - Who?

CRAIG BELLAMY - Very Questionable

FERNANDO MORIENTES - Flop

BOUDEWIJN ZENDEN - Utter Shit

ANTONIO NUNEZ - Utter Shit

AURELIO - Shit

JAN KROMKAMP - Utter Shit

ANTONIO BARRAGAN - Utter shit, who was sold quicker then Linford Christie

JACK HOBBS - Reserve Bound For Life

DAVID MARTIN - Never going to be used.

MARK GONZALEZ - Utter Shit

ROBBIE FOWLER - Was always passed it.

GABRIEL PALETTA - Utter Shit

I think you're probably the biggest wanker I've ever come across.

in the world.

I dont trust Benitez, He is an awesome manager no doubt and in europe knows his tactics perfectly. However, im not convinced with his signings since he has been with you - for every decent player, theres been a complete shocker.

Whether he can bring in "top class" talent is very much up for debate and that is regardless of the size of his budget.

How can you not trust a manger who got a totally mediocre side to the Champions League Final in a team he inherited.

Benitez hasn't had money coming out of his arsehole unlike your Fergies and Mourinho, the fact is Benitez has done a hell of a job with the money provided.

It took Fergie years to get his team together on a limited amount of money, Benitez needs time and he needs money. He has time and he will now have the money. Reserve judgement until then.

Benitez will win Liverpool the league within the next few seasons, as I said in a previous post until Rick Parry goes the club will never ever take that major step forward.

Also you are clueless as to the reasoning behind the players signings, examples

AURELIO - Shit?, He wasn't shit he was settling into the English game and got injured during the time when he was playing the best football

JAN KROMKAMP - Far from, bought as a squad player couldn't settle in, not because he was shit, he just didn't like it.

ANTONIO BARRAGAN - Utter shit? You have never seen him play

JACK HOBBS - Bought for the future

DAVID MARTIN - Never going to be used, I like how you can predict the future, how do you do that?

MARK GONZALEZ - Out for at least 2/3's of the season, Never got off on the right foot

ROBBIE FOWLER - Was bought because we had a striker crisis and he solved it

GABRIEL PALETTA - No he isn't utter shit he has been good when he has played

Benitez has done ALOT on a limited budget and will win us the league when the money roles in.

Anyway let us not forget the players you call utter shit have made the Champions League Final 2 times in 3 years.

Seriously now, how many times did you see the 'utter shit' Barragan play?

He played for Liverpool isn't that enough for you:bouncy:

Anyway we have apparently upped our interest on Darren Bent according to the mirror...

Bent and Benayoun by Monday?????

Well a few different and random observations about next season from me:

Think Pompey missed a massive chance to get into Europe this season. I think we will still be top half but not as close to Europe as last time, next season I feel with all the money that's flying around etc... there will be other clubs up and around there that weren't there last season like Aston Villa and Newcastle.

I'm not sure about West Ham, they have this Baby Bentley generation of players and surely they are only fuelling this further by offering players ridiculous wages that are over inflated. I mean is Darren Bent a twice capped player really worth 17 million and 75,000 a week? That makes him worth more than soooo many strikers with far more experience and far more goals than him (Ipswich would have been happy they get nearly 3 mill out of it.) It just shows the over inflated prices of English youngsters....

Here are my predictions for top 4 and relegated teams:

Top 4:

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Tottenham

Bottom 3:

Derby

Fulham

Wigan

Think spurs will hit top 4, they've got a young side and Martin Jol is a great manager. I think Henry will finally leave Arsenal realising that he can't help take these youngsters any further, think Wenger will be gone at end of season. Think Man Utd will dominate league again, they have signed quality, chuck in maybe a new striker and they are there. Don't Liverpool will win the title quite yet, but these things take time and I have no doubt they will get there in the next few years...

As for bottom 3, I think Wigan will struggle real bad, fulham are surely due to take the drop after years of underspending and overselling and I think Derby will give it a really good go but ultimately struggle.

Arsenal need to get a proven Premiership Goal Scorer instead of Eto'o.

I notice all the speculation around where Owen is going has died down. Wonder if that means hes staying at Newcastle or teams are just focussing on better players.

Maybe Newcastle, Owen and the other club involved if he is indeed leaving are keeping tight lipped over it all.

Can't see him being their next season.

Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal will get him, More than likely the later two...

Some premiership odds from Paddypower

Title odds

11/8 Chelsea

6/4 Man Utd

11/2 Liverpool

13/2 Arsenal

80/1 Spurs

200/1 Newcastle

500/1 Bolton

500/1 West Ham

Relegation odds

1/2 Derby