N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Wouldn't say it was crap defending, just a difficult ball to deal with.

Not much pressure, he shouldn't have headed it. He made the wrong decision. I really think he just made a really bad choice which he didn't get away with.

Initially I thought it was unlucky but the replay changed my mind.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Not much pressure, he shouldn't have headed it. He made the wrong decision. I really think he just made a really bad choice which he didn't get away with.

Initially I thought it was unlucky but the replay changed my mind.

The 94th minute, you're expecting the final whistle to go and a cross comes in. You're gonna panic of course, especially with Anelka behind.

He made the wrong decision in the end. Shame.

The 94th minute, you're expecting the final whistle to go and a cross comes in. You're gonna panic of course, especially with Anelka behind.

He made the wrong decision in the end. Shame.

Thats bad defending imo.

Guest Stefkov
Thats bad defending imo.

I suppose so but you would be though. I know he was as sub but he'd played the length of the match. You'd be happy that you're winning, you're one step closer to the cup with a win under your belt. You could make up excused but they drew in the end. Now it's an all out at Stamford Bridge.

I think thats actually one of the signs of the apocalypse. :p

Hehe, I'd agree.

Drogba looked like he was going to pull something out of the hat but he couldn't do business with Carragher.

Don't know how Ballack got away with the hand-ball decision, it wasn't like it was going fast and neither was it right next to him. Quite lucky.

Hehe, I'd agree.

Drogba looked like he was going to pull something out of the hat but he couldn't do business with Carragher.

I thought Drogba didn't have enough support. He was pretty much nutralised.

Don't know how Ballack got away with the hand-ball decision, it wasn't like it was going fast and neither was it right next to him. Quite lucky.

I don't think it was a hand ball. It was his upper arm for one and he didn't really move into it.

I think Grant made a mistake playing Lampard. Don't get me wrong, he is my favorite human being, but with his mum being ill and all I think his mind was on other things. Giving away the ball for the goal being one example.

Wow. Still in shock over that damn goal, can't believe it. Chelsea are so lucky its unbelievable, no-way they deserved that goal.

I can see what Riise was trying to do, doesn't trust his right foot so tries to header it back (or maybe over the goalposts? Not sure) but it ends up as an O.G.

We should have finished the game up long ago but unfortunately all our chances went amiss, might have been down to Torres not playing well also.

Not sure can we get a result at Stamford Bridge, Liverpool are crap at chasing games.

EDIT: Also meant to say I thought Babel played quite well particularly in the second half and Kuyt was as industrious as ever, and Ballack played quite well for Chelsea in the second half also (for once!).

I thought it was hand-ball but there you go, trying not to be biased. But yeah, Drogba had little support, but he is liable to wrestling for his own space.

Not sure Lamps was thinking of his Mum at the time he gave it away but still ;)

I thought he did well in the mid stages of the second half.

I thought Chelsea deserved that goal, even if at the time they were't doing well, they played in good spells throughout the couse of the game.

And I wouldn't say Liverpool are bad at chasing games!

Not sure Lamps was thinking of his Mum at the time he gave it away but still ;)

I thought he did well in the mid stages of the second half.

lol, probably not but he just seemed off...but more off then when he is normally off. Played a bit better when Ballack went off which is annoying because when those two play well together it is awesome.

I'm still not sure what to think of Malouda. He played all right but but the front three weren't linking up well at all.

I'd say the result wasn't too unfair. It could have been completely different either way.

Not really seen Malouda play often so I can't comment, but for the short time I saw him he did OK.

Terry looked surprisingly edgy.

You and me both! :p

I think he moved to Chelsea, played well for his first 3 or 4 games, then decided to put his feet up. Not really sure what he's been doing.

I thought Carvalho played really well. He's definitely our most reliable defender.

It was blatant hand ball. The upper arm still counts, and he obstructed the balls path, penalty.

Maybe I need to see it again but post match they said it'd be a harsh decision, which is what I thought. Either way it wasn't given.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!