N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the Mancs have this habit of spending huge amounts of money on shit players?

Oh, we've spent money on shit players have we? Well maybe Liverpool should spend money on shit players and then maybe they might actually win the league for the first time since 1990. And Heinze is hardly shit, hes a great aggressive player who perhaps hasnt been as good as he has been but is still a class left back.

in your oppinion. and i have said it before. there are players in the united starting 11 that wouldn't even make it as a squad player for liverpool.

Sir Alex is the genious behind it. if he had left when he was supposed too then i think united would be struggling to hold onto 4th spot.

yes united have won loads of titles and won them in recent years but liverpool are still the most successfull english club in history. and those days will come again.

Got the new Arsenal away shirt at The Armoury (Emirates Stadium Megastore), its quite nice. We've had better away kits. Shittest thing is the club has pulled a Man Utd on us and are replacing it after one year, it will then become our third kit. Buggers.

Hargreaves is a class player, and from what ive seen of nani and anderson they look very promising. Tevez also single handedly kept West Ham up last season, you can hardly say that Liverpool havent bought shit players in the past, bellamy, kromkamp, crouch, cisse. You still havent got the squad to be able to mount a challenge to win the premiership, its gonna be between Utd and Chelsea again.

Fields i had to laugh at that.

But lets be fair portlett add up how much we paid for those 4 and double it and then you have some idea on how much Utd have spent.

You overestimate united. they were hitting above their weight last season. i dont think they will fall away from the title race but i dont think they will have win it next season.

Jesus Christ the Crouch arugument rears it's head once more...

18 Goals last season in all competions 5 Behind Rooney.

Crouch is a world class striker and doesn't deserve any of the stick given to him, Yes he should score from his head, but he has NEVER ever been able to be good in the air.

He has a great touch...Jesus I am repeating myself like I have done in countless arguments...

Crouch as an amazing player End Of...

Tevez coming to United a bad move? Hmm. A man who more or less inspired West Ham to safety, at a time when nothing seemed to go right. EXACTLY the kind of player we need at United. We need players who can give us a lift, like the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Neville and Scholes can.

So, we spend big? Liverpool paid big for Torres. Nowadays, you NEED to spend big to compete. We have spent an absolute fortune this season so far, and we are now starting to gain an even greater depth in our squad.

I doubt Tevez will even be the last of our Summer signings (provided we do get him). As a United fan, I cannot fucking wait for the next season to start. We are back, and we're going to be hungrier than ever before. Last season was only a warning.

So, we spend big? Liverpool paid big for Torres. Nowadays, you NEED to spend big to compete. We have spent an absolute fortune this season so far, and we are now starting to gain an even greater depth in our squad.

I'd argue against that. We beat you twice last season without spending that much. What you need is consistantcy and squad depth.

The last list I made succesfully showed the amount of shite signings Rafa has made. Out of the list, I had not seen 1 player.

And no offence but you think Igor Biscan was a good player. ROFL

Only over the odds amount we have payed for somebody in the last 5 years and its really been a shit decision was veron.

Igor Biscan won somthing like 6-7 Trophies at Liverpool, He wasn't shit, and anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge knew what he gave to Liverpool...

Also how can you call calling a list literally full of youth players brandishing them shit and call it sucessful...

I don't try and deleve into other the reasoning behind players signings by other clubs, and I suggest you do the same because your making a fool of yourself.

I doubt Tevez will even be the last of our Summer signings (provided we do get him). As a United fan, I cannot fucking wait for the next season to start. We are back, and we're going to be hungrier than ever before. Last season was only a warning.

I have to admit you do look frightingly fucking good....

I'd argue against that. We beat you twice last season without spending that much. What you need is consistantcy and squad depth.

Yes. You beat us in two games, and still managed to finish 20 points (right?) behind us. Don't talk to us about consistancy! ;)

We were definitely the most consistent over the year, hence why we won the league. And, a little bit of luck thrown in, as well.

Jasper Blomquist won alot too, really means nothing. Biscan was shit, couldnt get into most championship teams. Every liverpool fan I know (about 10 of my mates) thinks Biscan is a joke, you really are the first fan ive found that rates the fella. And look back at the list, you will see it wasnt "mostly" youth players, your memory is failing you.

And dont be hypocritical by acting like you are never critical of signings man united makes. Your the first person to talk shit.

Thats a downright lie because Igor Biscan is a massive cult figure around Anfield, he is a legend around these parts.

Biscan played a pivitol role in the 04/05 CL Winning Team and everyone remembers that.

Also I was just looking back at that list...I would list them one by one and explain why we signed them but I won't give you the satisfaction.

Oh and to call Kronkamp shit when he was only cover for Finnan made me laugh considering he did his job to great effect..

And what the fuck is up with calling Palleta shit? Based on what?

Yes. You beat us in two games, and still managed to finish 20 points (right?) behind us. Don't talk to us about consistancy! ;)

We were definitely the most consistent over the year, hence why we won the league. And, a little bit of luck thrown in, as well.

Hence why I mentioned consistency, I didn't say Arsenal were consistent. Because we weren't, the two things I mentioned in the previous post were the two key elements I believed that makes teams either champions or champion contenders.

Palleta

Kronkamp

Biscan

All of them are low key squad players. Nothing special.

Right well im a Liverpool fan so I may aswell throw in my opinions of those players:

Biscan - Never really liked him or knew too much about him so I guess if he was played out of position I can cut him a bit of slack. But Ant, please dont talk about Liverpool fans like they all agree with you. I know quite a few who dont like Biscan at all.

Kroncamp - Didnt like him, obviously I can only judge him on what little I saw but he really didnt seem to be able to cut it in the premiership.

Palleta - Now heres a player I really dont like. His tackling is awful and in probably every match ive seen him play in he has made some horrible mistakes.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!